> Is Manny Pacquiao A B Level Fighter?
Dolimite
post May 29 2013, 10:45 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mex4life @ May 29 2013, 11:03 AM) *
question...do you wipe mayweather's ass?

Seriously? Answer the fuckin question without turning this into a Mayweather vs. Pac war. Go to boxing scene if you want that type of debate. This is why I hate Pacquiao to an extent, you can't question him without this type of bullshit. Grow up son.

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 29 2013, 03:18 PM) *
I don't get it, see if anybody bitches after losing there a sore loser, but if Pacs opponent does it, it was fixed? Yeah I watched the interview, seemed like he was sore, either way he either sold out or got outclassed.

I am actually going off an interview he gave months after the fight, he said something on the lines that he was asked to take a dive. Now whether his words got mixed in translation, I have no idea, but that is what I was basing that comment on. Personally, diving for a boxing match can be tricky, which is why I think it is not done as often but shit who knows.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sduck
post May 29 2013, 11:26 PM
Post #12

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I would say an A- fighter.

+Quote Post
mrwigi
post May 30 2013, 12:53 AM
Post #13

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 7,421

We will have to wait and see how he looks over his next few fights to make that decision. I've never been a fan of Pac, but when he does hang em up, he will be remembered as a GREAT fighter. And nothing less.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 30 2013, 02:36 AM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

He's not a B-level fighter, not even with the KO at the hands of JMM. I think he can still compete with some of the elite fighters in the game it's jsut styles make fights and he fought against the style that has always proven to be his weak point. The fight with Rios will tell us more about where Pacquiao is at

+Quote Post
mex4life
post May 30 2013, 02:48 AM
Post #15

Amateur

Member No.: 13,898

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 29 2013, 11:45 PM) *
Seriously? Answer the fuckin question without turning this into a Mayweather vs. Pac war. Go to boxing scene if you want that type of debate. This is why I hate Pacquiao to an extent, you can't question him without this type of bullshit. Grow up son.

I am actually going off an interview he gave months after the fight, he said something on the lines that he was asked to take a dive. Now whether his words got mixed in translation, I have no idea, but that is what I was basing that comment on. Personally, diving for a boxing match can be tricky, which is why I think it is not done as often but shit who knows.

you grow up you clown i am not refering to may vs pac...idiot...did i say something about that?eat your own crap you ass, then dont go to a post involving pac...what a dummy

+Quote Post
un01
post May 30 2013, 05:29 AM
Post #16

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,229

As of right now, we have no idea what level Manny can perform at. No one knows how much the KO took away, but if we're going on his body of work, then, no, he is not a B-level fighter.

Catchweight or not, those were very impressive wins against top quality opponents. Even with the extra advantages he's been given, a b-level fighter wouldn't be able to do what he's done over the past 5 years.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 30 2013, 07:37 AM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 30 2013, 04:45 AM) *

he said he lost to him because he had to lose that day. word for word. This is after the interviewer batted down his claims about having trouble making weight. I think. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAsV-BhGyMc

the interview in english

This post has been edited by mgrover: May 30 2013, 07:41 AM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 30 2013, 08:08 AM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mex4life @ May 29 2013, 11:48 PM) *
you grow up you clown i am not refering to may vs pac...idiot...did i say something about that?eat your own crap you ass, then dont go to a post involving pac...what a dummy

You just asked if I wipe Mayweather's ass which has nothing to do with this topic. If you can't answer intelligently I understand. Most people can not. If you notice most comments on this topic gave an educated opinion without name calling and they even gave reasons why they felt the way they did. Again grow up, calling someone names over the internet is soft.

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 30 2013, 04:37 AM) *
he said he lost to him because he had to lose that day. word for word. This is after the interviewer batted down his claims about having trouble making weight. I think. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAsV-BhGyMc

the interview in english

Thank you mgrover! I was looking for this interview. Thanks,

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 30 2013, 09:27 AM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I think he's a lot like mike tyson, great entertaining action fighter with a lot of holes in his game but the physical gifts to get away with it. Yea he's not the best technically but neither was Ali, rjj, guys like martinez, naseem, calzhage.. you don't have to be a technical fighter to be.great is the point. If you have the talent to get seats with it and that's how you become successful then more power to ya.

Theres plenty of incredible technical fighters who were never great

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 30 2013, 11:33 AM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 30 2013, 07:27 AM) *
I think he's a lot like mike tyson, great entertaining action fighter with a lot of holes in his game but the physical gifts to get away with it. Yea he's not the best technically but neither was Ali, rjj, guys like martinez, naseem, calzhage.. you don't have to be a technical fighter to be.great is the point. If you have the talent to get seats with it and that's how you become successful then more power to ya.

Theres plenty of incredible technical fighters who were never great

I can agree with this. So do you think he will be looked at as an ATG or just a good fighter with great athleticism? How do you rate his career? I liked him at the lower weights myself as he moved up I slowly came off Pacquiao.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 09:26 AM