IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> PPV/CC: Mayweather vs Alvarez Sept 14th!-Preview and Poll, Update: Closed Circuit Ticket and PPV Information (Page 1)
Mayweather vs. Alvarez-Prediction Thread
Who Wins The Superfight?
Mayweather by Dec (Close) [ 13 ] ** [28.89%]
Mayweather by Dec (Wide) [ 22 ] ** [48.89%]
Mayweather by KO/TKO [ 3 ] ** [6.67%]
Alvarez by Dec (Close) [ 1 ] ** [2.22%]
Alvarez by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez by KO/TKO [ 5 ] ** [11.11%]
Draw [ 1 ] ** [2.22%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 45

The Original MrF...
post May 29 2013, 09:34 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

ADMIN UPDATE: Fight will be shown on BOTH PPV and Closed Circuit Locations. Cost of PPV should range from $65-$75 dollars. Cost of Closed Circuit should range from $15 to $25 dollars. You can find closed circuit theater locations, along with ticket information here:

http://www.fathomevents.com/#!mayweather-vs-canelo

FLOYD MAYWEATHER VS CANELO ALVAREZ PPV/CC-September 14, 2013

Its reported that its a done deal. Yaaaay!!! Thats one I'll pay to see, fight party and all. Floyd gets respect for taking this one.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
97 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
karmine20
post May 29 2013, 09:40 PM
Post #2

Amateur

Member No.: 13,403

Does a win against Canelo Alvarez solidify Floyd Money Mayweather Jr as one of the G.O.A.T. or is this still cherry picking as some continue to suggest?

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post May 29 2013, 09:43 PM
Post #3

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

I honestly believe Little Orphan Annie (Shout out to Dolimite) gets exposed here..... His lack of stamina is going to kill him against Mayweather. After round 6 I expect him to be embarrassed.

This post has been edited by aTYpicalTYrant: May 29 2013, 09:48 PM

+Quote Post
pimpfighterROQ
post May 29 2013, 09:51 PM
Post #4

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,368

they said this fight is a catchweight of 152 pounds for the unification of WBA/WBC.

Floyd haters will comment soon about this....

+Quote Post
Marcus
post May 29 2013, 10:06 PM
Post #5

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (karmine20 @ May 29 2013, 10:40 PM) *
Does a win against Canelo Alvarez solidify Floyd Money Mayweather Jr as one of the G.O.A.T. or is this still cherry picking as some continue to suggest?

Not my personal arguments Im pleased. I couldn't ask for more but heres what i expect.

Arguments against this fight that critics will have:

Taking place at a CATCHWEIGHT of 152.

Canelos to young/inexperienced at 22.

Just like Pacquiao fought Cotto at a CW since Mayweather is fighting Canelo at a CW technically regardless of the outcome Canelo will remian undefeated since he would be "drained" accoridng to mayweathers argument against pacquaio. (although canleos rehydration doesnt match in comparison to cottos)

WBA Super/ WBA regular belt on the line = DAFUQ?!

The Catchweight argument is understandable because Floyd stoned pacquiao with that argument. Now look. Very Hypocritical. Im not mad though. I rather Floyd have put a rehydration clause rather than a catchweight just for the sake of haters being mad that he's taking 2 pounds away from a guy that will come in at 170+ on fight night.

This post has been edited by Marcus: May 29 2013, 10:08 PM

+Quote Post
KOpower
post May 29 2013, 10:10 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

Boom. CW? Interesting. Will the people that ripped Manny now rip Floyd?

Mayweather wins 116-112 in a fight that is similar to the one he had with Cotto.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post May 29 2013, 10:12 PM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

No but this was the fight that had to be made. I am happy. It,should be a good challenge for Floyd.

+Quote Post
iAmDuddyLuciano
post May 29 2013, 10:13 PM
Post #8

Amateur

Member No.: 13,901

QUOTE (karmine20 @ May 29 2013, 10:40 PM) *

I already had him being the G.O.A.T, people just don't give him the credit that he truly deserves, he basically fought EVERYBODY that was a major threat to him except for MP.
The only reason that fight didn't get made because he with Top Rank & we all know that Top Rank don't do business with Golden Boy; if MP wasn't under contract with Top Rank then the fight would've been made already.
I'm just sick of people saying Floyd is scared of Manny when Floyd got all the tools to destroy him way more than Marquez did.
But back to the point, I think Canelo is a bigger threat to beat Floyd than Manny, a younger more stronger fight that have more skills than Manny. Even though I think this fight will be an easy win for Floyd simply because Floyd is the faster more slicker fighter & Canelo have stamina issues, simply because he walks around 170+ and drain himself to make weight at 154, he fighting smaller guys when he should be fighting pure middle weights.
But after this win, people are just going to come up with excuses like "Canelo is too inexperience" etc there's always gonna be an excuse because people just don't want to admit that Floyd is the best fighter ever.

+Quote Post
Musashi100
post May 29 2013, 10:35 PM
Post #9

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,711

floyd a hypcrite but i'm fine with it being at 152. seems like a weight both fighters can feel comfortable at. we know canelo will blow up 154+ so he ain't worry about it.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 29 2013, 10:36 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ May 29 2013, 06:43 PM) *
I honestly believe Little Orphan Annie (Shout out to Dolimite) gets exposed here..... His lack of stamina is going to kill him against Mayweather. After round 6 I expect him to be embarrassed.

Thanks bro!

The catch weight is fucking two pounds off the jr. middle weight limit. This will ensure that Orphan Annie can't re hydrate to 180 on fight night. Good deal, I wonder what all the nay sayers have to say now. My boy Cshels is 0-2. he said Pac would fight Marquez and May would not fight Alvarez! Dude pick up a bottle of the Kracken and let's get it crackin! Guess good Bob has to move his fight with Bradley and Juan to another date! HA! This announcement just made Rios and Manny look sub par! FUCK I LOVE BOXING!!!! This will be a great year for the sport! Then we get to see Mayweather against the winner of Danny and Lucas next year, hell yes!

+Quote Post

97 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 09:46 AM