IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

97 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> PPV/CC: Mayweather vs Alvarez Sept 14th!-Preview and Poll, Update: Closed Circuit Ticket and PPV Information (Page 1)
Mayweather vs. Alvarez-Prediction Thread
Who Wins The Superfight?
Mayweather by Dec (Close) [ 13 ] ** [28.89%]
Mayweather by Dec (Wide) [ 22 ] ** [48.89%]
Mayweather by KO/TKO [ 3 ] ** [6.67%]
Alvarez by Dec (Close) [ 1 ] ** [2.22%]
Alvarez by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez by KO/TKO [ 5 ] ** [11.11%]
Draw [ 1 ] ** [2.22%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 45

iAmDuddyLuciano
post May 29 2013, 11:42 PM
Post #21

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,901

I'm kinda surprised that this fight is happening already, but then again who was Floyd suppose to fight?
Since Alexander broke his hand the last fight & Danny Garcia and Lucas M are fighting in September.
Canelo was the only fighter available for Floyd and a big one at that, but I think this fight would be a bit easy for Floyd not just saying that because I'm a fan, but Canelo lacks stamina and I think the first 5 rounds will be exciting after that Floyd will take over when Canelo slows down a bit.
It's crazy that Canelo is only 22 and already fighting on this level of competition I gotta give it up to him the kid have skills, but I don't think his skills is ready for Floyd though. This fight is a win/win for Canelo especially if he loses in a close fight once again he's only 22! Not even in his prime yet, got so many years to polish his goods, right now this fight is going to be a learning experience for him, he wanted the big dog & he going to get it! By the time he's in his mid 20's he should be fighting in middle weight. The kid is killing himself to make 154 by the time he get up in age his body won't take no more body draining.
So that means he will be finally fighting fighter his size, like Andre Ward, Triple G, Martinez, Froch, etc etc all them fighters have a very good chance exposing him, that's when we will see what he's really made of.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 29 2013, 11:46 PM
Post #22

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Marcus @ May 29 2013, 08:51 PM) *
Dont forget Garcia Matthysse goes down 9/7 the saturday before Mayweather Canelo!!!!! And then Cotto Plans his return on 9/28! And one of the Charlo Twins will be on the Mayweather undercard.

I hope Abner Mares Fights Jayson Velez as the co main event.

The Charlo twins will be on this undercard! Thank you God!!!!! I love those boys, to me that is the future of boxing.

I don't mind the catch weight simply because Saul is a middle weight and guess what he made everyone come up two weight classes higher to fight him. Plus he was talking all that shit on how he won't drop from 154. This is a lesson on why you do not negotiate in public. If Saul signed it then hey no complaints right? Right.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post May 29 2013, 11:59 PM
Post #23

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (juanpa7550 @ May 30 2013, 12:03 AM) *
I hope they go all out on the undercard.

I have no official prediction until at least all access, but here are my thoughts so far.

Canelo has speed, fast reflexes, and hits very hard. He is young and has experience. His achelles heel is his stamina.

Floyd is good at everything but lacks knockout power, which probably means Floyd wont be able to stop Canelo from coming forward.

Bet on Floyd to play it safe, but there is a first time for everything.

Im leaning towards a canelo win K.O. it may be a punch Floyd doesn't see coming. probably a fast counter.......

This isn't Pac Marquez 4 buddy

+Quote Post
juanpa7550
post May 30 2013, 12:01 AM
Post #24

Amateur

Member No.: 13,578

QUOTE (Marcus @ May 29 2013, 11:59 PM) *
This isn't Pac Marquez 4 buddy

Yeah I know. Its boxing anything can happen

+Quote Post
pimpfighterROQ
post May 30 2013, 12:02 AM
Post #25

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,368

Oh man, which ppv to buy now? I wanted PacRios but now Mayweather Canelo is more interesting....I limited myself to one ppv fight per year lol.

+Quote Post
JammyJam
post May 30 2013, 12:17 AM
Post #26

Amateur

Member No.: 13,561

I'm actually surprised, logical thinking would have been to build the fight a lil more with both getting one more dominant win. I think this pic will be like 1.7 or 1.8 mill but I think if it happened in May it could do over 2 mill. The catch weight sucks, Mayweather is letting his haters live. If he handles Canelo pretty easily anyone think we might get a Mayweather vs Martinez?

+Quote Post
mrwigi
post May 30 2013, 12:46 AM
Post #27

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 7,421

I think this fight will look more like the fight he had with Baldomir rather than cotto. Floyd is going to dance, and box on the outside just like he did against the likes of so many others. The event will be big, but I dont think Saul is in the same class as Mayweather, and he has definitely never been in the ring with someone who has the same in ring intelligence as mayweather. Canelo will be chasing Floyd around the ring all night. Cornering him occasionally, but never really being able to land an effective shot.

As far as the weight, I took think he should have added a re hydration clause as opposed to having the fight at a catch weight. Floyd will probably weigh 151 on fight night, and with the catch weight clause, Saul will probably come in as a super middleweight.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 30 2013, 01:59 AM
Post #28

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

Is anyone at all interested more in what it means, rather than who Floyd fights? I don't really give a damn about Canelo, but the fact Floyd just got himself a guaranteed 40 milion makes this fight a win even if he loses. Goddamn that guy is good....40 million minimum.....

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: May 30 2013, 02:00 AM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 30 2013, 02:43 AM
Post #29

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

The stamina issue that Canelo as will do him in, that and the fact that he's defensivley not up to par. Sure he made improvements against Trout but there were times as in many Canelo fights where he was getting hit with silly, unnecessary shots. It's not out of the realm of possibility for Canelo to come out victorious. After all he's young with quick reflexes and heavy hands. But he's inexperienced. I got Floyd by UD, I said I would be shocked if he fought Canelo in September and I am. After this fight people will recognize Floyd as one of the GOAT's

+Quote Post
jtiizzle
post May 30 2013, 04:07 AM
Post #30

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,897

Tough fight for both, I think Floyd will be uncomfortable having a guy that big on his ass, I mean he weight 172 last fight the 2lbs mean what he will be a even 170 lol, that's huge for Floyd at 36. But you can't go against money may I got Floyd winner by split decision, he may taste the canvas in this one though, just ask yourself this question does Floyd hit harder then trout? Trout is much bigger and couldn't keep Canelo off him, tough fight props to Floyd fighting a young lion

+Quote Post

97 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 02:20 PM