IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

97 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> PPV/CC: Mayweather vs Alvarez Sept 14th!-Preview and Poll, Update: Closed Circuit Ticket and PPV Information (Page 1)
Mayweather vs. Alvarez-Prediction Thread
Who Wins The Superfight?
Mayweather by Dec (Close) [ 13 ] ** [28.89%]
Mayweather by Dec (Wide) [ 22 ] ** [48.89%]
Mayweather by KO/TKO [ 3 ] ** [6.67%]
Alvarez by Dec (Close) [ 1 ] ** [2.22%]
Alvarez by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez by KO/TKO [ 5 ] ** [11.11%]
Draw [ 1 ] ** [2.22%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 45

mrchitown
post Jun 19 2013, 03:06 PM
Post #221

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 19 2013, 08:26 AM) *
Trout hurt him to the body and had him gasping for air but as you said he let him off the hook.. Floyd is better body puncher than Trout and I am sure hits harder to the body.When Canelo sucks air in later rounds after 1 minute has elapsed Floyd will cautiously take it to him. He just has to watch Canelo trying to land hard counters.. He was able to surprise Trout with the right upper cut. Floyd has to watch the straight right and the upper cut counter. Canelo shows me nothing else threatening to Mayweather. I would not be surprised if this fight is easier or as easy as the Guerrero bout... I mean Floyd has looked super sharp after year plus layoffs-- fighting in September will have him even sharper. Unless floyd is sick, hurt, or walks into a shot, Canelo has a very slim chance

Csnelo's uppercuts aren't anything to take lightly. That will be an important punch for him, somehow Mayweather will have to take it away from him. I believe Mayweather is taking this fight at the right time, if it was a year from now I'd be on the fence about the outcome but I expect him to be very sharp and Canelo is still a bit green
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 19 2013, 03:09 PM
Post #222

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Thebruntje @ Jun 19 2013, 03:08 AM) *
Exactly, that was the point i was trying to make! If a guy with with 44 pro fights still has stamina issues, he may prepare better for his upcoming fight but the stamina issues will still be there!
Contrary to what a lot of people think, Mayweather probably hand Canelo on his sight even before the Guerrero fight! I remember hearing rumors of Mayweather sparring 168 ibers when he was preparing for the Guerrero fight!

Even more startling to me then him having 44 fights is that he's young. The kid is 22 years old, this should be a non issue but yet it comes into play in damn near every fight he's in. He be in the ring huffing and puffing like a 50 year old and that's not good. I'm sure he will be well conditioned in this fight but I think he'll still get winded in the fight. I think he may have stamina issues his whole career

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 19 2013, 05:13 PM
Post #223

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 19 2013, 11:47 AM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-mayweath...lifornia--66765

What do yawl think. They look about even in height and weight but the picture is taken at an odd angle. Someone on that dumb ass board said that Floyd looked scared. I am like how? if they said Alvarez looked scared, I would ask how. Professional internet body language experts. Geez

"if you look closely at the pic, you can see that his left ass cheek is tense and his right eye is twitching....that is a clear indication of fear." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 19 2013, 06:15 PM
Post #224

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 19 2013, 03:09 PM) *
Even more startling to me then him having 44 fights is that he's young. The kid is 22 years old, this should be a non issue but yet it comes into play in damn near every fight he's in. He be in the ring huffing and puffing like a 50 year old and that's not good. I'm sure he will be well conditioned in this fight but I think he'll still get winded in the fight. I think he may have stamina issues his whole career

Idk if I would call all 44 of those fights. It's just the way he's built tho, he's a muscular dude. Some people are stallions coming out of the gates and some people can keep it going the the whole race. I just hope he doesn't gass too bad because against Floyd he's probably gonna miss quite a bit

+Quote Post
CrazyBuffalO
post Jun 20 2013, 09:00 AM
Post #225

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,128

^Canelo misses a lot even when he's not fighting Floyd. He just got lucky with his fights because his opponents somehow at some point allowed him to land shots on them. He makes wild swings if you ask me.

I say he's gonna get punished! But by far one of the most interesting fights for Floyd.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 20 2013, 01:21 PM
Post #226

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 19 2013, 06:15 PM) *
Idk if I would call all 44 of those fights. It's just the way he's built tho, he's a muscular dude. Some people are stallions coming out of the gates and some people can keep it going the the whole race. I just hope he doesn't gass too bad because against Floyd he's probably gonna miss quite a bit

With the stamina problems he has and the defense that Mayweather has, I see major issues for him. He's going to miss and you exert more energy when you miss then when you connect. I do believe he will be in good shape for this fight but looking at hin over a period of time I think the stamina trouble will always be there

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 20 2013, 02:50 PM
Post #227

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Jun 20 2013, 10:00 AM) *
^Canelo misses a lot even when he's not fighting Floyd. He just got lucky with his fights because his opponents somehow at some point allowed him to land shots on them. He makes wild swings if you ask me.

I say he's gonna get punished! But by far one of the most interesting fights for Floyd.

there's no such thing as luck in boxing. cansuelo knows how to place his shots well. he timed that one that dropped trout perfectly.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 20 2013, 06:56 PM
Post #228

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

If Canelo focuses squarely on stamina, will he lose out on his game plan? So many people are saying that he will gas in the middle rounds, but what if he doesn't? I think Saul will be physically prepared for this fight but the mental aspect is something totally different. I think is going to look to over power May and go all out, if Saul doesn't get Mayweather out in the early rounds or impose his will on him then I do not know what he has in the mental side of boxing.

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Jun 21 2013, 02:58 PM

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jun 20 2013, 10:52 PM
Post #229

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 20 2013, 02:50 PM) *
there's no such thing as luck in boxing. cansuelo knows how to place his shots well. he timed that one that dropped trout perfectly.

I think you always have that outside element of luck. Such as a lucky KO shot or the benefit of home court officiating. However, Alvarez-Mayweather is the boxing skill of Mayweather against the strength and stronger weight of Alvarez. Canelo will be lucky to get effective on the inside whee his strength could work to an advantage. I see this as unlikely. Similar to so many other fights, Floyd will use jabs, elbows, long arms and shoulder-rolls to do his thing and win 116-112 on most cards or better

Alvarez gets hit too often and cleanly, in addition to questionable stamina. He just does not look like a muscled-fighter to me. I think Canelo is going to swell up and bust up He will really need lightning in a bottle type of luck to win this. Many people thought Trout did enough to beat Alvarez, and Mayweather is much better than Trout. Trout got his recognition by beating a faded Cotto.

The question I think is not whether Floyd will win, but by how much? The best Alvarez gets here is how Cotto looked against Floyd. Good enough to be competitive, but not enough to win. Moving to a less competitive fight will happen if Alvarez can't get inside, and even if he does, I could see Alvarez having to take seven shots to land one. I think Floyd's got a plan A, plan B, and plan C, maybe more. I am not sure of Alvarez is gonna have a plan B. If he doesn't, he loses worse than 116-112.

Jack

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 21 2013, 03:50 PM
Post #230

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 20 2013, 11:52 PM) *
I think you always have that outside element of luck. Such as a lucky KO shot or the benefit of home court officiating. However, Alvarez-Mayweather is the boxing skill of Mayweather against the strength and stronger weight of Alvarez. Canelo will be lucky to get effective on the inside whee his strength could work to an advantage. I see this as unlikely. Similar to so many other fights, Floyd will use jabs, elbows, long arms and shoulder-rolls to do his thing and win 116-112 on most cards or better

Alvarez gets hit too often and cleanly, in addition to questionable stamina. He just does not look like a muscled-fighter to me. I think Canelo is going to swell up and bust up He will really need lightning in a bottle type of luck to win this. Many people thought Trout did enough to beat Alvarez, and Mayweather is much better than Trout. Trout got his recognition by beating a faded Cotto.

The question I think is not whether Floyd will win, but by how much? The best Alvarez gets here is how Cotto looked against Floyd. Good enough to be competitive, but not enough to win. Moving to a less competitive fight will happen if Alvarez can't get inside, and even if he does, I could see Alvarez having to take seven shots to land one. I think Floyd's got a plan A, plan B, and plan C, maybe more. I am not sure of Alvarez is gonna have a plan B. If he doesn't, he loses worse than 116-112.

Jack

there's no such thing as a lucky ko shot. they train to throw and land those shots. if that is what you train to do...then it cannot be luck.

as for the benefit of home court officiating....is that really luck? that doesn't happen by chance either.

i agree with the rest of the post.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Jun 21 2013, 03:50 PM

+Quote Post

97 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 07:21 PM