IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

97 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> PPV/CC: Mayweather vs Alvarez Sept 14th!-Preview and Poll, Update: Closed Circuit Ticket and PPV Information (Page 1)
Mayweather vs. Alvarez-Prediction Thread
Who Wins The Superfight?
Mayweather by Dec (Close) [ 13 ] ** [28.89%]
Mayweather by Dec (Wide) [ 22 ] ** [48.89%]
Mayweather by KO/TKO [ 3 ] ** [6.67%]
Alvarez by Dec (Close) [ 1 ] ** [2.22%]
Alvarez by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez by KO/TKO [ 5 ] ** [11.11%]
Draw [ 1 ] ** [2.22%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 45

daprofessor
post Jun 26 2013, 05:16 PM
Post #261

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 26 2013, 05:45 PM) *
It's a line in 3 different directions to get into the press conference here

u waiting in line?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 26 2013, 08:09 PM
Post #262

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Apparently Floyd has been wearing sunglasses during the stare downs which is leading many fans and media outlets to believe that Floyd is afraid of Saul. Serious?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 26 2013, 09:33 PM
Post #263

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 26 2013, 09:09 PM) *
Apparently Floyd has been wearing sunglasses during the stare downs which is leading many fans and media outlets to believe that Floyd is afraid of Saul. Serious?

Lol. You should know better than to buy into that

The language barrier is gonna make the build up to this fight relatively quiet I think.. like the cotto fight

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 26 2013, 10:10 PM
Post #264

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 26 2013, 05:16 PM) *
u waiting in line?

I was until a couple of my buddies got me in. I took some pics of the event. Floyd acknowledged my presence which was pretty cool in kinda snubbed Canelo when he did it lol.

What I took away from it is both are very engaged in this fight. Dolomite, you talk about selling the fight, he was talking cash shit today. It was a pro Canelo crowd, I was behind enemy lines lol. And the way they're doing it is excellent marketing and I disagree with what professor said about them over selling the fight. The way they're doing these press tours is awesome, what they need to so is stack that undercard.

Canelo has those broad shoulders and his size seems so massive compared to Floyd but looking at the two together he's not that much bigger then him, it's just his frame can hold more. Ran into Nate Jones and I spoke with that light heavy who beat Glen Johnson last summer, Fonfara. I got three new fighters coming to the gym that I met St the press conference. It was productive to say the least lol. I chatted with Schafer as we were both in the way out and he told me he's looking to bring championship fights to Chicago.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 26 2013, 10:15 PM
Post #265

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 26 2013, 08:09 PM) *

Yes he has and he had shades on today as did I and that's how we started interacting a bit. Some people just don't get the style factor lol. But he doesn't just wear them during the stared own he comes with them on. I don't get the big deal and it isn't a big deal. He was staring down a theater full of Canelo supporters and he didn't give not one single fuck. He kinda got at them by complimenting Mexico and then reversing course and talking about the USA. Don't read much into it, it's just people looking for reasons to create some false doubt on Mayweather's part

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Jun 27 2013, 04:25 AM
Post #266

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 26 2013, 08:09 PM) *

lmao these staredowns don't mean anything. Since there is no trashtalk people have to come up with something.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jun 27 2013, 08:06 AM
Post #267

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

[quote name='mrchitown' date='Jun 26 2013, 11:10 PM' post='584508']
I was until a couple of my buddies got me in. I took some pics of the event. Floyd acknowledged my presence which was pretty cool...

Acknowledged your presence huh, dude you get around. You talk like a fighter. OK Chitown (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aikido.gif)

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jun 27 2013, 11:32 AM
Post #268

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,879

if you guys watched any of the press interviews on the front page then youll know that mayweather said he had received a vampire facelift, and that it hadnt fully healed yet so he was wearing the sunglasses. Aparently it is when they inject blood plasma into the skin to promote youth and decrease wrinkles in the skin. It seems pretty nasty IMO.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 27 2013, 11:37 AM
Post #269

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 27 2013, 08:06 AM) *
Acknowledged your presence huh, dude you get around. You talk like a fighter. OK Chitown (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aikido.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) man to be honest I think he was just looking for a black face. It was so many Mexicans there, when he got to the podium and looked around a bit and I was pretty close and they were making this bug fuss about him
And the shades, I had some armani shades on and we interacted for a quick minute. Canelo spoke but I brushed him off lol

He has supreme focus because every time he or Ellerbe tried to speak, they started these chants. I kinda figured it would be a pro Canelo crowd but I didn't think it would be that big for him. People say Canelo is more reserved in the buildup to his fights hut even Schafer said he's came out his shell yesterday.

They booed the hell out of De La Hoya, don't know what that was about but he and Schafer said there is something on sho sports website where fans can vote for something involving the fight, I forget what it was.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 27 2013, 11:51 AM
Post #270

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Man I just tuned the fuck around...tried to find a parking spot near Centennial Olympic Park...to no avail. I was tempted to just park at a store and catch a cab, but it's tow trucker's paradise out here.

When I say it was PACKED ot there! Packed aint even the word man. I just took my ass back to work, but the fans are crazy out here in the ATL. I just read that the tickets were sold out too (translation: They're too damn high for you to afford anyway, so give it up). Lol

+Quote Post

97 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 05:40 AM