IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

97 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 33 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> PPV/CC: Mayweather vs Alvarez Sept 14th!-Preview and Poll, Update: Closed Circuit Ticket and PPV Information (Page 1)
Mayweather vs. Alvarez-Prediction Thread
Who Wins The Superfight?
Mayweather by Dec (Close) [ 13 ] ** [28.89%]
Mayweather by Dec (Wide) [ 22 ] ** [48.89%]
Mayweather by KO/TKO [ 3 ] ** [6.67%]
Alvarez by Dec (Close) [ 1 ] ** [2.22%]
Alvarez by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez by KO/TKO [ 5 ] ** [11.11%]
Draw [ 1 ] ** [2.22%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 45

Dolimite
post Jun 28 2013, 08:47 PM
Post #301

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 28 2013, 05:19 PM) *
i'm with u dolo...aside from being a read headed mexican...i see nothing special. no concussive power in his punches. no great work rate. no special names on his resume. i'll admit that i thought he was going to get schooled by trout. i actually didn't think he would fight him. his performance was better than i expected but i still had him losing.

floyd is going to school him and there's going to be a lot of pissed off mexican fans. i keep trying to tell ppl...but logic is out the window on this one.

So what is the attraction? Oscar is spewing his bitch made hate saying It is Canelo is the A side and is the reason for the crowd, however I don't remember these crowds for any other Saul event. Mayweather on the other hand.... YES. So again, what is the attraction?
So you are a Blackiscan! That's what sup!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 28 2013, 09:36 PM
Post #302

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 28 2013, 02:40 PM) *
that's the truth. it's expensive out here. let me know next time u come out for a fight.

I will, I'm sure GB has some stuff coming out there soon. I'd like to go to a award fight in Oakland

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 28 2013, 09:41 PM
Post #303

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 28 2013, 07:15 PM) *
u know them cats on 26th st...or 18th st will kill or die for what they believe in...and that's just the gangs. i can see them treating this fight like it was some gang shit. i remember back when camacho got whooped by chavez there were ricans rolling up on mexicans because of the fight. they are some fools, i will admit.

I've seen 26th a little more then I wanted too. And the mexican gangs go harder then the others because most of them aft like they got something to prove. Mexican independence is a bigger holiday then Cinco De mayo, at the ortiz fight people were pissed how it ended at all I saw on the strip were blacks and Latinos getting into it. And I was out there by myself that time. That's why I never go to the things by myself, I got a damn army going with me to Vegas for the Mayweather - Canelo fight so if they want to make that leap of faith and start something we will oblige them

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Jun 29 2013, 02:17 AM
Post #304

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

I wouldnt be surprised if we see a rematch

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Jun 29 2013, 05:34 AM
Post #305

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 25 2013, 07:24 PM) *
i get the strong feeling that gpb and mayweather promotions are going to over sell this fight. it's going to play out the same way dlh/floyd did. ppl actually think consuelo has a chance and that he will at the very least give floyd a tough fight. i'm sure they're both going to talk big in the lead up. ppl are going to think they're paying for a war...and what they will get is going to be another technical fight in which floyd will outskill consuelo but there will be no fireworks. ppl will be pissed....fans will turn away from the sport much the same way they did when floyd beat dlh. it's going to be dejavu all over again. floyd may have to retire off of this bout because i can't see his numbers increasing after this one unless he takes on the impossible. it's all about the repeat customer.

Or maybe the fight turns out like cotto/mayweather

+Quote Post
CrazyBuffalO
post Jun 29 2013, 07:14 AM
Post #306

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,128

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 26 2013, 08:24 AM) *
i get the strong feeling that gpb and mayweather promotions are going to over sell this fight. it's going to play out the same way dlh/floyd did. ppl actually think consuelo has a chance and that he will at the very least give floyd a tough fight. i'm sure they're both going to talk big in the lead up. ppl are going to think they're paying for a war...and what they will get is going to be another technical fight in which floyd will outskill consuelo but there will be no fireworks. ppl will be pissed....fans will turn away from the sport much the same way they did when floyd beat dlh. it's going to be dejavu all over again. floyd may have to retire off of this bout because i can't see his numbers increasing after this one unless he takes on the impossible. it's all about the repeat customer.

Maybe try to fight two boxers at once inside the ring. Tag-team boxing has never been done before. So Floyd fighting two boxers in the ring would be something new. LOL

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 29 2013, 10:01 AM
Post #307

Middleweight

Apparently Oscar De La Fishnets has been giving Saul advice on Floyd's flaws, which is actually fine. However, if I am Saul, would I listen to a guy that convincingly lost to Floyd. Every time Oscar gives advice to fighters who are fighting Mayweather, they end up getting that L. If you were Canelo, would you take notes from Oscar or would you talk to Zab, Augustus and Castillo to see how to fight Maywteather. Those are the three guys that came to the closest to beating him. Castillo by default because May's shoulder was injured.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 29 2013, 12:14 PM
Post #308

Light Heavyweight

Lol he does tha
t for every GB fighter, it ain't nothing new. He did it with Hatton and so on and so forth. I'd go to Judah for advice and Judah gave advice on Floyd indirectly when he was at the Broner fight last weekend. He said start with the body and work your way back up to the head. Wouldn't go to Augustus or Castillo. Canelo's style doesn't suit who they do. He should go to Cotto, he had some pretty good success against Floyd. But since they're likely opponents down the road I doubt that happens

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 29 2013, 12:43 PM
Post #309

Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 29 2013, 10:14 AM) *
Lol he does tha
t for every GB fighter, it ain't nothing new. He did it with Hatton and so on and so forth. I'd go to Judah for advice and Judah gave advice on Floyd indirectly when he was at the Broner fight last weekend. He said start with the body and work your way back up to the head. Wouldn't go to Augustus or Castillo. Canelo's style doesn't suit who they do. He should go to Cotto, he had some pretty good success against Floyd. But since they're likely opponents down the road I doubt that happens

+1 Cotto and Zab are the ones I would go to. But I doubt if either guy is anxious to help Saul.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 29 2013, 12:44 PM
Post #310

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 29 2013, 12:43 PM) *
+1 Cotto and Zab are the ones I would go to. But I doubt if either guy is anxious to help Saul.

Cotto probably wouldn't help because they more then likely will face off some time next year and Zab I'm sure wouldn't help because he and Floyd are very good friends

+Quote Post

97 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 33 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 01:16 PM