IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

97 Pages V  « < 32 33 34 35 36 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> PPV/CC: Mayweather vs Alvarez Sept 14th!-Preview and Poll, Update: Closed Circuit Ticket and PPV Information (Page 1)
Mayweather vs. Alvarez-Prediction Thread
Who Wins The Superfight?
Mayweather by Dec (Close) [ 13 ] ** [28.89%]
Mayweather by Dec (Wide) [ 22 ] ** [48.89%]
Mayweather by KO/TKO [ 3 ] ** [6.67%]
Alvarez by Dec (Close) [ 1 ] ** [2.22%]
Alvarez by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez by KO/TKO [ 5 ] ** [11.11%]
Draw [ 1 ] ** [2.22%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 45

daprofessor
post Jul 2 2013, 08:35 PM
Post #331

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 2 2013, 08:50 AM) *
Looking back on the 11 city tour might of been a slight mistake. Mayweather looks annoyed and tired, he has been saying the same lines. Maybe he is pissed cause Saul has so many fans. Why does he have so many fans? I have no idea. Maybe that is what is eating at Mayweather, what has this guy done to generate so many fights in a short amount of time? Not even Oscar De La Fishnets was pulling crowds like Saul at his age. While Mayweather literally had to earn every fan and hater Saul just pops up out the blue and he is Elvis. I think that is what is annoying Mayweather. He doesn't even look remotely happy about the press tour anymore. I guess the kid may be getting under his skin.
One point to be taken: Social media has really helped fighters in this day and age. Imagine if twitter and facebook was around during the 80s or 90s. You would have overnight stars like you do now. I think Social media is responsible for some of these fighters fame. If we look at Saul record and level of competition we could easily say that he has been getting soft touches. I still think he lost against Austin Trout by a round maybe 2.

i know between chicago, houston and mexico...those crowds were definitely in canelo's favor. no one wants to be hated. floyd is hated and they reminded him.

his 'hard work/dedication' chants got weaker each press conference. i feel bad for him....sort of.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 2 2013, 08:36 PM
Post #332

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 2 2013, 08:50 AM) *
Looking back on the 11 city tour might of been a slight mistake. Mayweather looks annoyed and tired, he has been saying the same lines. Maybe he is pissed cause Saul has so many fans. Why does he have so many fans? I have no idea. Maybe that is what is eating at Mayweather, what has this guy done to generate so many fights in a short amount of time? Not even Oscar De La Fishnets was pulling crowds like Saul at his age. While Mayweather literally had to earn every fan and hater Saul just pops up out the blue and he is Elvis. I think that is what is annoying Mayweather. He doesn't even look remotely happy about the press tour anymore. I guess the kid may be getting under his skin.
One point to be taken: Social media has really helped fighters in this day and age. Imagine if twitter and facebook was around during the 80s or 90s. You would have overnight stars like you do now. I think Social media is responsible for some of these fighters fame. If we look at Saul record and level of competition we could easily say that he has been getting soft touches. I still think he lost against Austin Trout by a round maybe 2.

he's said it in interviews that he got hit more than he wanted to and that was part of the reason he brought his pops back into his corner.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 2 2013, 08:53 PM
Post #333

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 2 2013, 08:31 PM) *
time for a class action law suit!!!

1. daprofessor
2.mrchitown

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 2 2013, 09:32 PM
Post #334

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 2 2013, 08:31 PM) *
time for a class action law suit!!!

1. daprofessor
2.mrchitown
3. Cshel

Me 3!

"Yall want that 3??? Huh??? Where my 3 baby? Where my promoter, tell 'em I want my 3!" *Rios voice*

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jul 3 2013, 07:37 AM
Post #335

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

I AM GLAD Floyd is annoyed... Floyd said that some days during the tour he sleeps 2 hours some days less.. That type of lack of sleep will make anyone look agitated. I also think he sees Canelo's fan base and is going to be motivated to put on a classic performance. Canelo is going to get eaten alive!!! He will be beaten just as emphatically as Guerrero maybe more emphatically because Canelo is not southpaw. I am looking forward to this

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 3 2013, 12:19 PM
Post #336

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 2 2013, 09:32 PM) *
Me 3!

"Yall want that 3??? Huh??? Where my 3 baby? Where my promoter, tell 'em I want my 3!" *Rios voice*

Could you imagine if Rios worked at KFC, who wants 3. Wheres order 292, yall want the 3 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 3 2013, 05:57 PM
Post #337

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

http://fighthype.com/news/article14697.html

Loved Floyd's response! This is how you sell a fight. Good shit!

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 3 2013, 08:17 PM
Post #338

Cruiserweight

I saw some reports that claim that 50 and Floyd are friends again and they have some kind of business stuff going down possibly. With the money Mayweather will make in september I hope he helps fif beat his case. Fif got locked up for domestic violence. But it's not the one most people know, he got a second kid he been trying to keep secret with that model chicken he was with daphne joy. I hope Mayweather look out for his boy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Why he would hit something that damn fine is beyond me, hopefully he throw some bread at her and make it go away

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 3 2013, 08:19 PM
Post #339

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 3 2013, 05:57 PM) *
http://fighthype.com/news/article14697.html

Loved Floyd's response! This is how you sell a fight. Good shit!

That was vintage Mayweather Jr. But I think Canelo and Oscar are getting under his skin a bit

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Jul 3 2013, 09:59 PM
Post #340

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 3 2013, 08:17 PM) *
I saw some reports that claim that 50 and Floyd are friends again and they have some kind of business stuff going down possibly. With the money Mayweather will make in september I hope he helps fif beat his case. Fif got locked up for domestic violence. But it's not the one most people know, he got a second kid he been trying to keep secret with that model chicken he was with daphne joy. I hope Mayweather look out for his boy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Why he would hit something that damn fine is beyond me, hopefully he throw some bread at her and make it go away

Link to this business stuff

+Quote Post

97 Pages V  « < 32 33 34 35 36 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 05:41 PM