IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

97 Pages V  « < 37 38 39 40 41 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> PPV/CC: Mayweather vs Alvarez Sept 14th!-Preview and Poll, Update: Closed Circuit Ticket and PPV Information (Page 1)
Mayweather vs. Alvarez-Prediction Thread
Who Wins The Superfight?
Mayweather by Dec (Close) [ 13 ] ** [28.89%]
Mayweather by Dec (Wide) [ 22 ] ** [48.89%]
Mayweather by KO/TKO [ 3 ] ** [6.67%]
Alvarez by Dec (Close) [ 1 ] ** [2.22%]
Alvarez by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez by KO/TKO [ 5 ] ** [11.11%]
Draw [ 1 ] ** [2.22%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 45

xxxxxx
post Jul 9 2013, 08:02 AM
Post #381

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 9 2013, 03:52 AM) *
You were impressed that he beat Josesito Lopez? He is a come forward fighter who I believe started out as a jr, welter weight... that impressed you? Okay

Baldomir is like 100! These are his two victories that has you convinced that he will give Mayweather issues? Okay. I have this fight 8-4 if Floyd comes out like expect him to. Maybe even 9-3 just to prove a point.

Lopez is a tough little fighter who is a warrior and Baldomir hadn't been stopped like that before. I agree he was older, but 100 is exaggerating a bit. I believe he was late 30's though. He's had other decent victories with Mosley & Trout also. Alvarez is no slouch and will pose Floyd some issues. The guy hits hard with combinations and a jab. Mayweather wins, but its a battle.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 9 2013, 08:13 AM
Post #382

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jul 8 2013, 07:51 AM) *
Robbery talk... Nazim goes from saying early on Canelo was not ready to there being a robbery.. I respect Nazim but... Floyd has not had any close fights (Cotto was a clear 8-4 round win despite the bloody nose. This fight will be an emphatic victory for Floyd who will be even sharper than against the Southpaw. Canelo is going to get hit more than Robert did. He will not like it when Floyd goes to the body. Canelo talking a good one but at 22 he is about to get a rude awakening. No one he spars with will prepare him for what he will see 9/14/13. I see nothing at all troubling Floyd

Even Floyd wins in a dominating fashion the scorecards are not gonna reflect it. I said the same thing earlier in thus thread that I would not be surprised if something fishy happens with the scorecards. This kid is a mega sensation (like it or not) to latinos all over the world and what is the biggest market in boxing when it comes to demographics???

If this kid steals a few early rounds Floyd is just asking for shit to go bad on the scorecards. Remember Vegas is one of the better places to fight but star power fucks with these judges there too

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jul 9 2013, 10:40 AM
Post #383

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 9 2013, 09:13 AM) *
Even Floyd wins in a dominating fashion the scorecards are not gonna reflect it. I said the same thing earlier in thus thread that I would not be surprised if something fishy happens with the scorecards. This kid is a mega sensation (like it or not) to latinos all over the world and what is the biggest market in boxing when it comes to demographics???

If this kid steals a few early rounds Floyd is just asking for shit to go bad on the scorecards. Remember Vegas is one of the better places to fight but star power fucks with these judges there too

The last fighter to convincingly win some early rounds was Judah.. a super quick lefty... Canelo is not super quick and he is no lefty and Floyd understands what is going on relative to judges-potential robberis etc...Floyd does not have too many problems with conventional style fighters. canelo may get beat more emphatically than Guerrero

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Jul 9 2013, 10:41 AM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 9 2013, 01:30 PM
Post #384

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

intelligent pressure works on floyd....but canelo isn't capable of applying the kind of pressure that would disrupt floyd. canelo doesn't throw enough either. fighting for 30 seconds of every round isn't going to get the job done. i was watching sparring footage of him yesterday and he does the same thing in sparring! floyd is going to school rick astley.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 10 2013, 05:22 AM
Post #385

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 9 2013, 10:30 AM) *
intelligent pressure works on floyd....but canelo isn't capable of applying the kind of pressure that would disrupt floyd. canelo doesn't throw enough either. fighting for 30 seconds of every round isn't going to get the job done. i was watching sparring footage of him yesterday and he does the same thing in sparring! floyd is going to school rick astley.

How many rounds do you have Canelo winning?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 10 2013, 01:53 PM
Post #386

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Still laughing at how people are crying about the catchweight for this fight, but Manny can make Cotto come in two lbs under the WW limit, and his win is legit?! C'mon now.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 9 2013, 02:30 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

How did yall miss this one???

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 10 2013, 02:11 PM
Post #387

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 10 2013, 10:53 AM) *
Still laughing at how people are crying about the catchweight for this fight, but Manny can make Cotto come in two lbs under the WW limit, and his win is legit?! C'mon now.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

How did yall miss this one???

Who is Rick Astley?

Because its Manny. His mistakes are even pure gold. But Floyd has done things that people let him get away with. So its 50/50

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 10 2013, 03:21 PM
Post #388

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 10 2013, 06:22 AM) *
How many rounds do you have Canelo winning?

2 at most.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 10 2013, 03:23 PM
Post #389

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 10 2013, 03:11 PM) *
Who is Rick Astley?

Because its Manny. His mistakes are even pure gold. But Floyd has done things that people let him get away with. So its 50/50

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 10 2013, 03:57 PM
Post #390

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 10 2013, 12:23 PM) *

NICE! Never knew who sung that song! Damn that could be Canelo's daddy! Professor you only have him winning two rounds? Damn, so a 10-2 blow out by Mayweather! You had Guerrero doing better against Mayweather than you do Canelo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=6WFGBqJNk3A

What do you think of Rosenburg's assessment? He does mention Canelo being slow, I have to agree with him. Plus his punches are so damn predictable!

+Quote Post

97 Pages V  « < 37 38 39 40 41 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 01:44 PM