IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

97 Pages V  « < 38 39 40 41 42 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> PPV/CC: Mayweather vs Alvarez Sept 14th!-Preview and Poll, Update: Closed Circuit Ticket and PPV Information (Page 1)
Mayweather vs. Alvarez-Prediction Thread
Who Wins The Superfight?
Mayweather by Dec (Close) [ 13 ] ** [28.89%]
Mayweather by Dec (Wide) [ 22 ] ** [48.89%]
Mayweather by KO/TKO [ 3 ] ** [6.67%]
Alvarez by Dec (Close) [ 1 ] ** [2.22%]
Alvarez by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez by KO/TKO [ 5 ] ** [11.11%]
Draw [ 1 ] ** [2.22%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 45

MAHDI
post Jul 10 2013, 04:16 PM
Post #391

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 10 2013, 04:21 PM) *
2 at most.

LMAO... Floyd looks taller than Canelo. Canelo will not be bullying Floyd around the ring and when he gets close he will get hit to body (floyd is a damned good body puncher) and If Trout (Goose Down Feather fists) hurt canelo to the body I am anxious to see how canelo reacts to the body shots, especially the jab to the midsection

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Jul 10 2013, 04:17 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 10 2013, 05:23 PM
Post #392

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 10 2013, 04:57 PM) *
NICE! Never knew who sung that song! Damn that could be Canelo's daddy! Professor you only have him winning two rounds? Damn, so a 10-2 blow out by Mayweather! You had Guerrero doing better against Mayweather than you do Canelo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=6WFGBqJNk3A

What do you think of Rosenburg's assessment? He does mention Canelo being slow, I have to agree with him. Plus his punches are so damn predictable!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i know jerry. funny dude.

i think guerrero is a guy who forces a fight...and pushes a pace. the floyd that we saw prior to guerrero wasn't as mobile and liked to sit on the ropes. i did not expect floyd to turn the clock back the way he did and use the beautiful foot movement he did in the guerrero fight. he won't need that much movement for canelo. he can stand in the pocket and work off the ropes with him. canelo likes to fight in spurts....doesn't really put pressure on anyone and definitely doesn't overwhelm with activity. i think those are the things necessary to beat floyd. letting floyd sit back and fight in spots....giving him time to think....that all spells disaster for canelo. i wouldn't be shocked if floyd stops him. the more i think about this fight...the more i feel it is a mismatch. i know there are some out there that feel canelo can punch...and yes, he can...but outside of him dropping trout...who has he stopped that was impressive? who was as defensive as floyd?

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 10 2013, 05:47 PM
Post #393

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 10 2013, 03:23 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i know jerry. funny dude.

i think guerrero is a guy who forces a fight...and pushes a pace. the floyd that we saw prior to guerrero wasn't as mobile and liked to sit on the ropes. i did not expect floyd to turn the clock back the way he did and use the beautiful foot movement he did in the guerrero fight. he won't need that much movement for canelo. he can stand in the pocket and work off the ropes with him. canelo likes to fight in spurts....doesn't really put pressure on anyone and definitely doesn't overwhelm with activity. i think those are the things necessary to beat floyd. letting floyd sit back and fight in spots....giving him time to think....that all spells disaster for canelo. i wouldn't be shocked if floyd stops him. the more i think about this fight...the more i feel it is a mismatch. i know there are some out there that feel canelo can punch...and yes, he can...but outside of him dropping trout...who has he stopped that was impressive? who was as defensive as floyd?

Kermit Cintron?

I think if Canelo takes too much punishment they will stop the fight. No way they let him take all that punishment when there is lots of time to cash in on him. I would say a 10th round stoppage. I see Floyd taken Canelo's confidence earlier, Canelo will actually have to think and fight at the same time and that can be mentally and physically exhausting. DO you think Canelo has time to fix all those flaws or is he just going to work with what he has? This fight is a mismatch but hell 90% of the people say Alvarez is stopping Mayweather within 6 rounds. Plus they are still bitching about the 2 pound catch weight for a 23 year old kid. Saul is lucky he isn't a college wrestler. Lucky!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 10 2013, 07:29 PM
Post #394

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 10 2013, 06:47 PM) *
[/b]
Kermit Cintron?

I think if Canelo takes too much punishment they will stop the fight. No way they let him take all that punishment when there is lots of time to cash in on him. I would say a 10th round stoppage. I see Floyd taken Canelo's confidence earlier, Canelo will actually have to think and fight at the same time and that can be mentally and physically exhausting. DO you think Canelo has time to fix all those flaws or is he just going to work with what he has? This fight is a mismatch but hell 90% of the people say Alvarez is stopping Mayweather within 6 rounds. Plus they are still bitching about the 2 pound catch weight for a 23 year old kid. Saul is lucky he isn't a college wrestler. Lucky!

cintron!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

with no other real challenges on the horizon there is a chance that floyd chooses to carry him and let the dude have his moments so that there can be rematch. but i'm thinking floyd wants to retire with that "0" so that's highly unlikely.

90% of the ppl don't know shit about boxing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

alvarez was 153 for the trout fight...but 152 is going to kill him? it's the same as it was with cotto/pac...they signed the contract. live up to it. of course...if i'm canelo and i want to throw a wrench into everything...i come in at 154 and pay the fine (if it's not that steep) but honestly...this fight will have nothing to do with size...and everything to do with skill or lack thereof on canelo's part.

canelo just faced a slick south paw...and got a gift decision. before that he fought josesito lopez...who fights nothing like floyd either. what canelo would need to do to beat floyd can't be learned or perfected in an 8 week camp. he would have had to take an approach that i thought was working for cotto on the lead up to fighting mayweather back in '05-'07. they matched him against guys who had mayweather like capabilities. it back fired a little with corley in '05...but he went on to face branco in '06...then malignaggi....then zab....then shane in '07. imo...that's a good progression of fights to prepare you to fight someone like floyd. each of those guys had small elements of what floyd does. unfortunately, floyd chose to retire instead of face him back then so we didn't get that fight until later. i don't see anything like that on canelo's resume that tells me he would have success against floyd. this kid has been pampered and is being brought in for slaughter. it's sad because he does have potential. he just doesn't have the right kind of ppl behind him to nurture his career and guide him to the top. i have a feeling with all the love ppl have for this kid....oscar is going to suffer some backlash when the kid loses.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 10 2013, 08:11 PM
Post #395

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 10 2013, 04:29 PM) *
cintron!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

with no other real challenges on the horizon there is a chance that floyd chooses to carry him and let the dude have his moments so that there can be rematch. but i'm thinking floyd wants to retire with that "0" so that's highly unlikely.

90% of the ppl don't know shit about boxing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

alvarez was 153 for the trout fight...but 152 is going to kill him? it's the same as it was with cotto/pac...they signed the contract. live up to it. of course...if i'm canelo and i want to throw a wrench into everything...i come in at 154 and pay the fine (if it's not that steep) but honestly...this fight will have nothing to do with size...and everything to do with skill or lack thereof on canelo's part.

canelo just faced a slick south paw...and got a gift decision. before that he fought josesito lopez...who fights nothing like floyd either. what canelo would need to do to beat floyd can't be learned or perfected in an 8 week camp. he would have had to take an approach that i thought was working for cotto on the lead up to fighting mayweather back in '05-'07. they matched him against guys who had mayweather like capabilities. it back fired a little with corley in '05...but he went on to face branco in '06...then malignaggi....then zab....then shane in '07. imo...that's a good progression of fights to prepare you to fight someone like floyd. each of those guys had small elements of what floyd does. unfortunately, floyd chose to retire instead of face him back then so we didn't get that fight until later. i don't see anything like that on canelo's resume that tells me he would have success against floyd. this kid has been pampered and is being brought in for slaughter. it's sad because he does have potential. he just doesn't have the right kind of ppl behind him to nurture his career and guide him to the top. i have a feeling with all the love ppl have for this kid....oscar is going to suffer some backlash when the kid loses.

They will blame the catchweight.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 10 2013, 09:13 PM
Post #396

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 8 2013, 02:19 PM) *
had to look her up. daaayum. fine ass piece. i had one of those back in the day. she looks filipina. them chicks can get crazy sometimes.

I'd be swinging pipe not fists (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 10 2013, 09:19 PM
Post #397

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 10 2013, 10:13 PM) *
I'd be swinging pipe not fists (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

chicks like her come a dime a dozen out this way. he got caught up. smh. i read he has to go to van nuys court for that...so it happened in the valley which is not far from me.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 10 2013, 09:20 PM
Post #398

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

If and when Floyd wins, I'm hoping that he gets the credit he deserves. I'm not going to act like Canelo is this destroyer of world's that people want him to be but he is a good solid young prospect. His lack of experience, skill, and stamina will be on full display in this fight.

Imo the best fighter he fought, he lost too in Trout. If that fight was anywhere but in TX, those score cards quite possibly would've looked different. The body work from Mayweather early will snatch some juice from Canelo. Their championing him as the next big thing and the guy who will dethrone Mayweather win he doesn't fight a full 3mins of every Rd. He fights in spurts and I've seen Canelo up close, he isn't that speedy he has quick reflexes when he looks to counter. He has power but he's more so heavy handed. His best shot is to hit a Floyd clean and hope it's lights out ut the man is so defensively sound that's almost unthinkable. Fans should give him his credit while he's in the sport hut because of his persona in doubt it happens

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jul 10 2013, 10:36 PM
Post #399

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

the last time i saw floyd jab to the body was against mosley, and he did it like 10 times throughout the fight. floyd seems to get by on cruise control unless he is forced to fight like with cotto because he starts losing rounds, or if they are close. I dont think he will be doing much of anything except fighting on the move and timed right hands, canelo will get frustrated and wild at times, which floyd will control and tie up or get out the way like usual, but i have seen a very lazy floyd in his last few fights. i hope it was just the competition

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jul 10 2013, 10:42 PM
Post #400

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

his left hook has been non existent since the marquez fight, and i rarely even see him jab since mosley. i do like the right hook though, specially when he switches it from the straight mid fight, that worked well on robert. his feints worked decent on cotto. and he did use a few left uppercuts, but hes been so lazy lately. a win is a win i guess. i just feel like this is the end of your career man, have some fun in there, put on a "show," not just skate by to get the check and the W. well see how he handles the biggest stage you can fight on, again, since the oscar fight. see if he just auto pilots this win

+Quote Post

97 Pages V  « < 38 39 40 41 42 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 05:17 AM