IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

97 Pages V  « < 52 53 54 55 56 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> PPV/CC: Mayweather vs Alvarez Sept 14th!-Preview and Poll, Update: Closed Circuit Ticket and PPV Information (Page 1)
Mayweather vs. Alvarez-Prediction Thread
Who Wins The Superfight?
Mayweather by Dec (Close) [ 13 ] ** [28.89%]
Mayweather by Dec (Wide) [ 22 ] ** [48.89%]
Mayweather by KO/TKO [ 3 ] ** [6.67%]
Alvarez by Dec (Close) [ 1 ] ** [2.22%]
Alvarez by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez by KO/TKO [ 5 ] ** [11.11%]
Draw [ 1 ] ** [2.22%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 45

checkleft
post Jul 31 2013, 08:07 PM
Post #531

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 31 2013, 07:26 PM) *
unfortunately....a lot of boxing coaches are deeply rooted in skill and strategy and not enough in conditioning. in cases like that...it is wise to bring in someone who can whip him into proper shape. alex ariza or memo...the dude that trained jmm for the last pac fight might be perfect for him. after watching them do their thing...ped accusations aside....those guys know what they are doing.

Yes they definitely did. They used a lot of cross fit and conditioning techniques
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Jul 31 2013, 08:42 PM
Post #532

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 28 2013, 11:24 AM) *
Good for you, and I love the way Trout won that same round you speaking of

You thought he did? It was close...but how he fell lmao shit was so funny.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 31 2013, 09:03 PM
Post #533

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Jul 31 2013, 08:42 PM) *
You thought he did? It was close...but how he fell lmao shit was so funny.

I take it you've seen the GIFs of the knockdown then, the GIFs make it funny to me, but I do think he came back and won the rest of the round after that

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Jul 31 2013, 09:25 PM
Post #534

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 31 2013, 09:03 PM) *
I take it you've seen the GIFs of the knockdown then, the GIFs make it funny to me, but I do think he came back and won the rest of the round after that

I watched the fight havent seen any gifs tho...yea canel seemed happy with the knock down and just cruised or he got tired again haha

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 31 2013, 11:03 PM
Post #535

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Besides his stamina, lack of quality opponents, and his footwork, what else can be Saul's down fall in this fight?

What can Floyd's downfall be besides age and getting hit with a solid punch from Saul?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 31 2013, 11:14 PM
Post #536

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 31 2013, 11:03 PM) *
Besides his stamina, lack of quality opponents, and his footwork, what else can be Saul's down fall in this fight?

What can Floyd's downfall be besides age and getting hit with a solid punch from Saul?

Canelo - under estimating floyds power/quickness. We all know Floyd isn't made of steel but if canelo thinks he can just walk through Floyd we may see a kd, his speed and precise punching is good enough to lay anyone on their ass if they relax.

Floyd - getting overconfident. If he is ahead or even at the beginning of the fight if he thinks hes in his "adjustment" stage and starts picking his shots without some degree of urgency he may get caught and canelo has real strength. My advice would be to figure him out early, stay on his ass and watch that stamina drain. I'm not saying canelo won't be ready physically but if floyd sets a torrid pace at floyds level of conditioning there's no way canelo can keep up. And I mean by giving him angles moving and mixing in a body attack not lighting it up or something

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 1 2013, 11:32 AM
Post #537

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 31 2013, 09:14 PM) *
Canelo - under estimating floyds power/quickness. We all know Floyd isn't made of steel but if canelo thinks he can just walk through Floyd we may see a kd, his speed and precise punching is good enough to lay anyone on their ass if they relax.

Floyd - getting overconfident. If he is ahead or even at the beginning of the fight if he thinks hes in his "adjustment" stage and starts picking his shots without some degree of urgency he may get caught and canelo has real strength. My advice would be to figure him out early, stay on his ass and watch that stamina drain. I'm not saying canelo won't be ready physically but if floyd sets a torrid pace at floyds level of conditioning there's no way canelo can keep up. And I mean by giving him angles moving and mixing in a body attack not lighting it up or something

Floyd has more holes to avoid than Saul. I don't think I have ever seen Floyd coast through a fight. Even when he was far ahead. He just pin points his shots and stays out of harm's way. If Saul doesn't fade by the 6th round then the fight should be interesting. I think Saul is going to try to knock Floyd out within in the first four rounds. He probably figures if the fight goes past the 6th round than there will be hell to pay. if Floyd attacks the body and punches from angles that makes Saul think and struggle this fight will be a blow out. However, the crowd will be the third man in the ring. That will help Saul so much.

If Saul is taking serious punishment, do you think Oscar will tell his corner to throw in the towel? I don't think GB will let their golden goose take too many much punishment.

If the fight is close, in favor of Floyd, they could rob him with a draw or a defeat. it is possible.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 2 2013, 11:18 AM
Post #538

Super Middleweight

http://fighthype.com/news/article14853.html

What is the point of have Shane's son spare with Saul for this fight? Who the hell is running this camp? Congress, cause nothing they do benefits the country. How is this going to help Saul? Other than the fact that Shane Jr. is black, what can he possibly help Canelo with? Shit is a joke!

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 2 2013, 12:57 PM
Post #539

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 2 2013, 11:18 AM) *
http://fighthype.com/news/article14853.html

What is the point of have Shane's son spare with Saul for this fight? Who the hell is running this camp? Congress, cause nothing they do benefits the country. How is this going to help Saul? Other than the fact that Shane Jr. is black, what can he possibly help Canelo with? Shit is a joke!

I've never seen shanes son fight so I couldn't tell you if its good or bad

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 2 2013, 03:14 PM
Post #540

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 2 2013, 01:57 PM) *
I've never seen shanes son fight so I couldn't tell you if its good or bad

i have....he's not that good. if anything...it benefits jr more than anyone. the experience he will get from sparring canelo will take him to the next level.

+Quote Post

97 Pages V  « < 52 53 54 55 56 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 10:52 PM