IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

97 Pages V  « < 80 81 82 83 84 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> PPV/CC: Mayweather vs Alvarez Sept 14th!-Preview and Poll, Update: Closed Circuit Ticket and PPV Information (Page 1)
Mayweather vs. Alvarez-Prediction Thread
Who Wins The Superfight?
Mayweather by Dec (Close) [ 13 ] ** [28.89%]
Mayweather by Dec (Wide) [ 22 ] ** [48.89%]
Mayweather by KO/TKO [ 3 ] ** [6.67%]
Alvarez by Dec (Close) [ 1 ] ** [2.22%]
Alvarez by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez by KO/TKO [ 5 ] ** [11.11%]
Draw [ 1 ] ** [2.22%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 45

Dolimite
post Sep 4 2013, 08:55 AM
Post #811

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 4 2013, 01:20 AM) *
its more to the point, that Mayweather states that Cotto didn't fight a decent fight against Pac because he was weight drained, then he goes on to fight Cotto at 154lb, then fights Canelo at a catchweight, and says "the weight don't matter, skills pay the bills". When hes clearly a lying piece of shit, but hey thats just my opinion, I don't think I could care less who he fights for the last 3 fights anymore. I've kinda had enough of there smoke and mirrors approach, and there whole, let everybody fight everybody else and pick off the last man standing.

Cotto just came off an ass beating of a lifetime and even said that the weight bothered him. Unlike this agreement in weight, Pac demanded Cotto fight at 144. From my understanding, Team Alvarez said they would fight at a catchweight and Team Mayweather took it. Now, when Pac wanted to rematch Cotto, Cotto said see me at 154 Manny refused, which means he needed a catch weight to have a clear advantage. Saul came in at 153 against Trout, a pound isn't going to kill him. He is only 23, it is not going to hurt him. In business lying is a means of dealing. Again, Alvarez's team should of never put it out there that they would fight at a lesser weight. Just like when Manny said he would fight for less money to make the Mayweather fight, May took him at his word and look what happen. if you don't want to fight at a certain weight don't make a statement saying that you would. Can't hate the player, hate the game. By the way, many great fights were made at a catch weight. Ward and Dawson was at a catch weight and Hopkins and De La Hoya was too.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 4 2013, 10:04 AM
Post #812

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 3 2013, 10:45 PM) *
I thought they both held that belt, the WBO. I stand corrected, the WBA, I could of sworn he had the WBO belt. Good looking. I see you have the night off!!!! lol

I can see how easy it is to get confused. I told myself a long time ago, that I wouldn't get confused about stuff that didn't even matter...atop of the list...these retard titles in boxing. One guy's the full champ, another's the super champ, somebody else is the half-ass champ, then they talking diamond, silver, rose gold, and a bunch of other nonsense. Lol

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 3 2013, 11:43 PM) *

I absolutely despise the fact that they create these craptacular belts, with a predetermined winner in mind. Last time a belt got created, an 8-division champ got put to sleep, and the winner wasn't addressed as the "Champion of the Decade...nor was there any confetti or pyro involved.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 4 2013, 11:56 AM
Post #813

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 4 2013, 02:55 PM) *
Cotto just came off an ass beating of a lifetime and even said that the weight bothered him. Unlike this agreement in weight, Pac demanded Cotto fight at 144. From my understanding, Team Alvarez said they would fight at a catchweight and Team Mayweather took it. Now, when Pac wanted to rematch Cotto, Cotto said see me at 154 Manny refused, which means he needed a catch weight to have a clear advantage. Saul came in at 153 against Trout, a pound isn't going to kill him. He is only 23, it is not going to hurt him. In business lying is a means of dealing. Again, Alvarez's team should of never put it out there that they would fight at a lesser weight. Just like when Manny said he would fight for less money to make the Mayweather fight, May took him at his word and look what happen. if you don't want to fight at a certain weight don't make a statement saying that you would. Can't hate the player, hate the game. By the way, many great fights were made at a catch weight. Ward and Dawson was at a catch weight and Hopkins and De La Hoya was too.

oh yeah it didn't kill him, he didn't fade down the stretch at all... Cotto could of turned down the Pac fight if he didn't want to take the catchweight, just like Mayweather could of said nah I don't fight at catchweights. By Mayweathers logic Cotto should of fought Pac at 150 or whatever Pac asked for because its not about the weight, its about the skills (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
sduck
post Sep 4 2013, 11:59 AM
Post #814

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 4 2013, 08:55 AM) *

Imo, the fact that he took the catch-weight is hypocritical. It's not like the Marquez fight where he had to come down in weight (much harder to lose weight than to gain it), he spoke hardly about fighting legit 154 pounders and not fighting at catch-weights like Pacquiao, but then takes his next fight at a catch-weight. Draining just 1 or 2 pounds can mean a big difference in your performance, though it varies depending on the person.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 4 2013, 05:14 PM
Post #815

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 4 2013, 09:56 AM) *
oh yeah it didn't kill him, he didn't fade down the stretch at all... Cotto could of turned down the Pac fight if he didn't want to take the catchweight, just like Mayweather could of said nah I don't fight at catchweights. By Mayweathers logic Cotto should of fought Pac at 150 or whatever Pac asked for because its not about the weight, its about the skills (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Everyone gets their wish! Kenny Bayless is tapped as the ref for Mayweather and Alvarez and Tony Weeks has Matthyssee and Garcia. The two best refs in the game! I know no bullshit will be going down. Cj Ross will be a judge for the Mayweather/Canelo Bout. Isn't Ross like 100?

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Sep 4 2013, 05:38 PM
Post #816

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 4 2013, 10:04 AM) *
I can see how easy it is to get confused. I told myself a long time ago, that I wouldn't get confused about stuff that didn't even matter...atop of the list...these retard titles in boxing. One guy's the full champ, another's the super champ, somebody else is the half-ass champ, then they talking diamond, silver, rose gold, and a bunch of other nonsense. Lol

I absolutely despise the fact that they create these craptacular belts, with a predetermined winner in mind. Last time a belt got created, an 8-division champ got put to sleep, and the winner wasn't addressed as the "Champion of the Decade...nor was there any confetti or pyro involved.

At least it's only commemorative. No rules or sanctioning fees with it. The only possibility of shit is that the belt seems to indicate that the WBC wants Alvarez to win. Even though Floyd has an excellent relationship with the WBC, being a Mexican based organization and Canelo being Mexican, there is still that outside influence. The hope is that Floyd's relationship with Al Hayman and Golden Boy as well as the excellence of his dominance and longevity balances out the WBC's favoritism of Canelo.

Jack

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 4 2013, 05:44 PM
Post #817

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 4 2013, 03:38 PM) *
At least it's only commemorative. No rules or sanctioning fees with it. The only possibility of shit is that the belt seems to indicate that the WBC wants Alvarez to win. Even though Floyd has an excellent relationship with the WBC, being a Mexican based organization and Canelo being Mexican, there is still that outside influence. The hope is that Floyd's relationship with Al Hayman and Golden Boy as well as the excellence of his dominance and longevity balances out the WBC's favoritism of Canelo.

Jack

if it is close the decision is going to Canelo.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Sep 4 2013, 07:53 PM
Post #818

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

cj ross is one of the judges

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Sep 4 2013, 07:54 PM
Post #819

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 4 2013, 07:53 PM) *

She's not experienced enough for this fight. I was also going to comment on this.

Jack

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 4 2013, 09:17 PM
Post #820

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 4 2013, 05:53 PM) *

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 4 2013, 05:54 PM) *
She's not experienced enough for this fight. I was also going to comment on this.

Jack

The fix is in. They have a great ref in K. Bayless but the judges I am not sure of. I know CJ Ross scored Bradley and Pac. we all know how that turned out. They should of gotten top judges for this fight. If I am either May or Saul I am protesting Ross being one of the judges. Oh well/

+Quote Post

97 Pages V  « < 80 81 82 83 84 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 06:31 AM