checkleft
post Jun 4 2013, 12:43 AM
Post #51

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 3 2013, 08:29 PM) *
back to the topic of discussion...

i think berto is his own worse enemy. he keeps his pops and brother in the corner when clearly they should not be there. he hires all the wrong ppl and does all the wrong things. working with conte was a set back. his trainer and al haymon got him to the point where he was....he needs someone who understands what needs to be fixed to take the reigns to get him to the next level. there are only a few trainers here in socal that can help him besides me. he has plenty of talent and potential. hopefully he learns to listen to the right ppl.

Call me crazy but I think Robert Garcia could be the man to help him. Everybody always goes for the big names like virgil the mayweathers or roach. I think Garcia is very underestimated, he used to be donaires full time trainer hw does a wonderful job with mikey. I think he can help berto
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 4 2013, 03:48 AM
Post #52

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Isn't he working with Virgil Hunter ATM? I swear I remember reading that somewhere

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jun 4 2013, 07:14 AM
Post #53

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

Lmao--- at some of the above posts. win a fight first berto. spare us

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 4 2013, 10:04 AM
Post #54

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 3 2013, 08:37 PM) *
She shouldn't be mad at that but don't be surprised if she tries to takeover your Saturdays...that's what they do. When a boxing card comes on don't be surprised if she tries to warm up to you

No warming up! I will give her some cash and tell her to leave me and my son alone, have fun, get drunk, dance, flirt, go get a steak dinner, whatever. Just from Saturdays until December she knows Saturdays are mine. When football season comes She will have Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Which is fair.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 4 2013, 12:30 PM
Post #55

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 4 2013, 12:43 AM) *
Call me crazy but I think Robert Garcia could be the man to help him. Everybody always goes for the big names like virgil the mayweathers or roach. I think Garcia is very underestimated, he used to be donaires full time trainer hw does a wonderful job with mikey. I think he can help berto

Your crazy! It's a reason fighters go to them or people take their fighters to them, it's a difference between trainers and masters. The Mayweathers, Virgil Hunter, also Barry Hunter, even Roach to an extent, they are masters. Garcia is good and his stable will grow but as a trainer he isn't on their level

Hell. if I was Berto's manager I'd take him to Ronnie Shields or Eddie Mustafa Muhammud before I took him to Garcia

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 4 2013, 02:59 PM
Post #56

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 4 2013, 01:43 AM) *

i think robert garcia is over rated. nonito had all the skill before he ever started working with garcia...and it seemed to disappear as time went on. mikey was developed by robert garcias pops who also developed vargas and robert. robert has taken over the reigns.

i think berto needs a trainer who can give him some solid defense.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 4 2013, 03:01 PM
Post #57

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 4 2013, 01:30 PM) *
Your crazy! It's a reason fighters go to them or people take their fighters to them, it's a difference between trainers and masters. The Mayweathers, Virgil Hunter, also Barry Hunter, even Roach to an extent, they are masters. Garcia is good and his stable will grow but as a trainer he isn't on their level

Hell. if I was Berto's manager I'd take him to Ronnie Shields or Eddie Mustafa Muhammud before I took him to Garcia

i'd skip on ronnie shields. eddie mustafa would be perfect! if i was going to send him to a garcia....it would be angel garcia! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 4 2013, 10:08 PM
Post #58

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 4 2013, 04:01 PM) *
i'd skip on ronnie shields. eddie mustafa would be perfect! if i was going to send him to a garcia....it would be angel garcia! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You'd skip on Ronnie Shields???

Please explain. I thought he would've been a decent pick. Maybe I'm missing something.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 4 2013, 10:36 PM
Post #59

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 4 2013, 02:59 PM) *
i think robert garcia is over rated. nonito had all the skill before he ever started working with garcia...and it seemed to disappear as time went on. mikey was developed by robert garcias pops who also developed vargas and robert. robert has taken over the reigns.

i think berto needs a trainer who can give him some solid defense.

Donaire admitted he basically has been training himself, he hasn't been training with Garcia. He basically only sees him on fight night. And that's on his fault that's no excuse

And see that's the thing berto is not a defensive fighter. It's not who he is and I seriously doubt he will ever be that no matter who trains him. some guys just are who they are and trying to change them just leaves them worst off. A simple high guard and telling the idiot to tuck his chin would do wonders

He needs someone who will make him believe in himself again and get him to realize that maybe his offense behind a high guard and a tucked chin is his best defense. I think nazim or Garcia could help him

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 5 2013, 08:39 AM
Post #60

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 3 2013, 04:25 PM) *
She stole my wallet!

Serious? Let me guess, an openly gay boxer... Cough cough: Sergio Martinez!

I will be taking your ass to Grady Hospital if that happens!

Mex4life is the asshole you should be booting.

You must really want me to die then. Lol

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 4 2013, 12:35 AM) *
I liked the Hawks even in the 90's we all will admit Nique was a beast, and the team they had with Joe Johnson, Horford, Josh Smith, etc...I expected them to make some noise. The damn Falcons piss me off, they call dude Matty Ice but it should really be Matty choke

It's not too late for the Hawks, but they need to step it up. It seems like they fall short riiiight before the playoffs, smh. At this point, they're almost like those fighters who blow chance after chance on HBO and Showtime, and find themselves on fighting on ESPN.

Matty Ice does his thing...but the offensive line gets too damn comfortable with the lead that they create, and end up allowing the opposing team to build momentum...that's how you get those Falcons/49ers playoff-type games. The Falcons have a nice squad...I just hate their fans...just like Miami Heat(S) <-------- (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Back to Berto...

As I mentioned in the Dawson thread, we could all see his complacency and arrogance set in around 2010, in the Quintana and Hernandez fights. By the time 2011 came around, it all came rolling downhill. He lost to Ortiz (which was a pretty good fight, regardless of how shitty he looked in the majority of those rounds), and the Zaveck fight was a gimme, thanks to Haymon.

It was obvious that his corner was one of the chief problems, along with him living that Hollywood lifestyle and believing his own hype. One would question training camp activities as well...seems like he just went through the motions or half trained for some of those fights.

Anyhow, he has the talent and weapons to still make a mark in the sport. How big of a mark? Who knows at this time. He just needs to stay focused on the task at hand, regardless of what pressing questions these nerdy journalists ask about upcoming fights.

Khan's gonna learn the hard way with that as well. He doesn't know who wants to fight nowadays, since he's lost to more than one person. First he wanted to immediately fight Garcia again, then after the Molina fight, he ask whoring for Garcia again. Then he brought Peterson back up, JUST to hop back on the "I deserve Mayweather" crap again. He's gonna have a long night with Devon in December.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 12:34 AM