Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Berto is Disillusioned!, He thinks he Beat Floyd
Dolimite
post Jun 5 2013, 11:40 AM
Post #61

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Brother Naz would be the perfect fit. He would tell his brother and dad to shut up. In no way do I feel his career is lost but he needs the right people. One more lost he is done. I think a rematch with Ortiz and Guerrero would sell. Maybe with a strong showing he would be in the running for a Mayweather fight. His next 3 opponents need to be Ortiz, Guerrero, and Khan/ winner of Broner and Paulie.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 5 2013, 11:55 PM
Post #62

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 5 2013, 08:39 AM) *
You must really want me to die then. Lol

It's not too late for the Hawks, but they need to step it up. It seems like they fall short riiiight before the playoffs, smh. At this point, they're almost like those fighters who blow chance after chance on HBO and Showtime, and find themselves on fighting on ESPN.

Matty Ice does his thing...but the offensive line gets too damn comfortable with the lead that they create, and end up allowing the opposing team to build momentum...that's how you get those Falcons/49ers playoff-type games. The Falcons have a nice squad...I just hate their fans...just like Miami Heat(S) <-------- (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Back to Berto...

As I mentioned in the Dawson thread, we could all see his complacency and arrogance set in around 2010, in the Quintana and Hernandez fights. By the time 2011 came around, it all came rolling downhill. He lost to Ortiz (which was a pretty good fight, regardless of how shitty he looked in the majority of those rounds), and the Zaveck fight was a gimme, thanks to Haymon.

It was obvious that his corner was one of the chief problems, along with him living that Hollywood lifestyle and believing his own hype. One would question training camp activities as well...seems like he just went through the motions or half trained for some of those fights.

Anyhow, he has the talent and weapons to still make a mark in the sport. How big of a mark? Who knows at this time. He just needs to stay focused on the task at hand, regardless of what pressing questions these nerdy journalists ask about upcoming fights.

Khan's gonna learn the hard way with that as well. He doesn't know who wants to fight nowadays, since he's lost to more than one person. First he wanted to immediately fight Garcia again, then after the Molina fight, he ask whoring for Garcia again. Then he brought Peterson back up, JUST to hop back on the "I deserve Mayweather" crap again. He's gonna have a long night with Devon in December.

Khan is an enigma, if he fights and and beats Devon then it's obvious we can expect a Mayweather-Khan fight in 2014. But I think he loses that and then where does he go from there?

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 6 2013, 09:01 AM
Post #63

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 5 2013, 09:55 PM) *
Khan is an enigma, if he fights and and beats Devon then it's obvious we can expect a Mayweather-Khan fight in 2014. But I think he loses that and then where does he go from there?

Jr. Middle Weight because he will say he feels more comfortable there anyway.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 6 2013, 09:57 AM
Post #64

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Berto was forced into the spotlight. Question...what fighter doesn't want to be forced into the spotlight? It's what all fighters long for, but if they're forced in the wrong manner, it can prove to be detrimental. You're either ready, or you're not.

Berto has gifts, but Haymon may have done him a favor and an injustice in the same breath. He was running through tomato cans, but as soon as B-level competition came into play, we saw the real him. I wiped the sweat off of my forehead after the Collazo fight, and hoped that Berto would put in more work in the gym. However, the Ortiz fight came, and we really saw the truth.

He was fucked afterwards, because he was no longer in the position to go back to fighting tomato cans. He was waaaay past his time to step up in competitionanyway, and seeing that he couldn't beat Ortiz, let us know that he wasn't going to go too far. Refusing to change his corner, and give up the Hollywood lifestyle, got him what he received in the Guerrero fight.

I just hope that he's ready to get back in the mix with these bigger fights. One fight with Soto-Karass isn't going to show us much. He has to bounce back from two losses, so one win over a guy that knocked out last September, says nothing. Berto got beat, worse than the beating that he plans on putting on Karass, so yes, he still has some heavy lifting to do.

These young fighters need to get Mayweather out of their heads. I know that you're supposed to aim for the top, but if aiming for the top ruins the focal point of what's in front of you, then some reevaluating needs to be done. How could a guy want Mayweather so bad, but couldn't even manage to beat the two guys that beat him in route to Floyd, just for Floyd to beat them and pass them back down? Somewhere in his mind, he should be planning on avenging those losses, but who am I kidding, when it comes to Floyd, these young fighters get stuck on stupid (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 6 2013, 11:21 AM
Post #65

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 6 2013, 06:57 AM) *
Berto was forced into the spotlight. Question...what fighter doesn't want to be forced into the spotlight? It's what all fighters long for, but if they're forced in the wrong manner, it can prove to be detrimental. You're either ready, or you're not.

Berto has gifts, but Haymon may have done him a favor and an injustice in the same breath. He was running through tomato cans, but as soon as B-level competition came into play, we saw the real him. I wiped the sweat off of my forehead after the Collazo fight, and hoped that Berto would put in more work in the gym. However, the Ortiz fight came, and we really saw the truth.

He was fucked afterwards, because he was no longer in the position to go back to fighting tomato cans. He was waaaay past his time to step up in competitionanyway, and seeing that he couldn't beat Ortiz, let us know that he wasn't going to go too far. Refusing to change his corner, and give up the Hollywood lifestyle, got him what he received in the Guerrero fight.

I just hope that he's ready to get back in the mix with these bigger fights. One fight with Soto-Karass isn't going to show us much. He has to bounce back from two losses, so one win over a guy that knocked out last September, says nothing. Berto got beat, worse than the beating that he plans on putting on Karass, so yes, he still has some heavy lifting to do.

These young fighters need to get Mayweather out of their heads. I know that you're supposed to aim for the top, but if aiming for the top ruins the focal point of what's in front of you, then some reevaluating needs to be done. How could a guy want Mayweather so bad, but couldn't even manage to beat the two guys that beat him in route to Floyd, just for Floyd to beat them and pass them back down? Somewhere in his mind, he should be planning on avenging those losses, but who am I kidding, when it comes to Floyd, these young fighters get stuck on stupid (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

The man has 4 fights left after September, no way is he burning them on up and comers. The only thing these young guys should be focused on are improving their skill set and aiming for good competition that is reasonable. The Charlo twins are being guided perfectly, they are not calling out Mayweather, they are honing their craft to be the best super welter weighs around. This is why I think they will be pound for pound number in the next three years. They are disciplined and do not carry a bunch of starving negros with them. I am such fans of these guys.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 6 2013, 06:29 PM
Post #66

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 4 2013, 10:08 PM) *
You'd skip on Ronnie Shields???

Please explain. I thought he would've been a decent pick. Maybe I'm missing something.

i don't know. ronnie used to be a damn good fighter and had an excellent trainer in georgie benton. there just seems to be something missing from his fighters when i watch them. i saw no improvement in cintron or martirosyan when they trained with him. rigondeaux and lara were already finished products when they got to him. juan diaz was decent...but i think he could have been better. not sure really. i think i would take buddy mcgirt over shields.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 6 2013, 06:33 PM
Post #67

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 4 2013, 10:36 PM) *
Donaire admitted he basically has been training himself, he hasn't been training with Garcia. He basically only sees him on fight night. And that's on his fault that's no excuse

And see that's the thing berto is not a defensive fighter. It's not who he is and I seriously doubt he will ever be that no matter who trains him. some guys just are who they are and trying to change them just leaves them worst off. A simple high guard and telling the idiot to tuck his chin would do wonders

He needs someone who will make him believe in himself again and get him to realize that maybe his offense behind a high guard and a tucked chin is his best defense. I think nazim or Garcia could help him

i'm not saying he should be a defensive fighter....i'm saying i think he needs to add some defense to what he does. as of now....he has very little. i've seen him use good defense in the past in certain fights where he actually looked pretty good....and he just never stood with it. the high guard would be better than the shit he's been doing lately. i think richardson would be a better fit for him. he definitely needs to build his confidence back up. soto karas should be a win for him if his mind is in the right spot.

+Quote Post
Aware
post Jun 7 2013, 12:04 PM
Post #68

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,624

You mean delusional not disillusioned

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 7 2013, 01:02 PM
Post #69

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Aware @ Jun 7 2013, 10:04 AM) *
You mean delusional not disillusioned

disillusioned. He sees something that is not actually there. I know what the word means buddy. Thanks. Illusion means image or a picture, he seems himself as something that he clearly isn't.

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Jun 7 2013, 01:03 PM

+Quote Post
Aware
post Jun 7 2013, 02:21 PM
Post #70

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,624

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 7 2013, 02:02 PM) *
disillusioned. He sees something that is not actually there. I know what the word means buddy. Thanks. Illusion means image or a picture, he seems himself as something that he clearly isn't.

Just wow! The internet is your friend man. That's not what disillusioned means. Heck that's not even what illusion means. Come on man look it up.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 10:58 AM