IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> the next great american heavyweight, who is it????
daprofessor
post Jun 3 2013, 09:50 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

there are a few out there that i like....but who stands out among the rest?

deyontay wilder 28-0 w/28kos

malik scott 35-0-1 w/12kos

bryant jennings 16-0 w/8kos

seth mitchell 25-1-1 w/19kos

amir monsour 18-0 w/14kos

joe hanks 21-0 w/14kos

alexander flores 13-0 w/11kos

any others???

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 4 2013, 01:01 AM
Post #2

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 3 2013, 09:50 PM) *
there are a few out there that i like....but who stands out among the rest?

deyontay wilder 28-0 w/28kos

malik scott 35-0-1 w/12kos

bryant jennings 16-0 w/8kos

seth mitchell 25-1-1 w/19kos

amir monsour 18-0 w/14kos

joe hanks 21-0 w/14kos

alexander flores 13-0 w/11kos

any others???

Good list, Wilder seems to be the front runner to me and now that he's with Team Haymon, expect a title shot for this kid some time down the line, Mitchell aint going nowhere, he's ordinary. Good power but what else can you say about him. Jennings is going to do good things, I expect if he keeps winning he'll be in line ofr a shot also. Scott has a lot of talent and he needs to get a move on and fast

I haven't seen Hanks or Monsour fight but, I keep hearing Mansour is good. I'll have to check out some of his fights, same with Hanks

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Jun 4 2013, 09:05 AM
Post #3

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Wilder is definitely on top with the 28 for 28, and the experience with the Klitschko.
Then on the bottom i have Seth mitchell, definitely just an ordinary fighter, does alot of things wrong.

I haven't seen any of the other fighters yet but thankyou for the Heavyweight prospect list, Ill get back to you

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 4 2013, 09:36 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Monsour seems late to the game and last I heard he was arrested for something that wasn't his fault? Atlhough he seems like a competitor but who knows how this thing rust will effect him

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 4 2013, 09:45 AM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I've always liked Jennings but I think he's better suited as a cruiser weight. He's 6'2" and not a big puncher so he's not really a threat to the Klitchskos. Deontay Wilder has the frame for it and the raw talent but I see a lot of holes in his game.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 4 2013, 12:32 PM
Post #6

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 4 2013, 09:36 AM) *
Monsour seems late to the game and last I heard he was arrested for something that wasn't his fault? Atlhough he seems like a competitor but who knows how this thing rust will effect him

That was a long time ago lol...he's free and clear of that and he had a fight not to long ago and I think another one coming up this summer

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 4 2013, 02:42 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

there's a few names i didn't put on the list that are up-and-comers that will be making noise in the very near future. these are guys i think have a much brighter future than most on that list.

andy ruiz jr (18-0 w/12ko's) who is probably the most unassuming of heavyweight prospects because he looks like baby huey. he's 6'2...started his career at 300lbs...and is slowly slimming down. he's now down to about a pudgy 240lbs. he's very aggressive and has deceptively fast hands. he's got a fight in june...then a match against joe hanks in july. he's signed with top rank.

another one of them is a guy named gerald washington (7-0 w/5ko's) who is taking a big step up in competition this weekend at the home depot center by fighting sherman 'tank' williams (35-12 w/19ko's.) he's a pure athlete and much better than a lot of the guys on that list. he's 6'5 and a solid 245lbs. el gallo negro (he's african american/mexican) is a former football player for the usc trojans. he boxed as a kid and came back to the sport after playing college football. probably the best of all the former football players turned boxers.

dominic breazeale (5-0 w/5ko's) ...he's the superheavyweight from our last olympic team and is a product of the all-american heavyweight program. he's also a former football player for colorado state. he's coming along well and is signed with al haymon.

+Quote Post
flazi
post Jun 4 2013, 04:20 PM
Post #8

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

i really like andy ruiz jr. got good skills and quick.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 4 2013, 04:27 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (flazi @ Jun 4 2013, 04:20 PM) *
i really like andy ruiz jr. got good skills and quick.

i think we talked about this before. did u see him at home depot? are u going this weekend?

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 4 2013, 11:39 PM
Post #10

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 4 2013, 02:42 PM) *
there's a few names i didn't put on the list that are up-and-comers that will be making noise in the very near future. these are guys i think have a much brighter future than most on that list.

andy ruiz jr (18-0 w/12ko's) who is probably the most unassuming of heavyweight prospects because he looks like baby huey. he's 6'2...started his career at 300lbs...and is slowly slimming down. he's now down to about a pudgy 240lbs. he's very aggressive and has deceptively fast hands. he's got a fight in june...then a match against joe hanks in july. he's signed with top rank.

another one of them is a guy named gerald washington (7-0 w/5ko's) who is taking a big step up in competition this weekend at the home depot center by fighting sherman 'tank' williams (35-12 w/19ko's.) he's a pure athlete and much better than a lot of the guys on that list. he's 6'5 and a solid 245lbs. el gallo negro (he's african american/mexican) is a former football player for the usc trojans. he boxed as a kid and came back to the sport after playing college football. probably the best of all the former football players turned boxers.

dominic breazeale (5-0 w/5ko's) ...he's the superheavyweight from our last olympic team and is a product of the all-american heavyweight program. he's also a former football player for colorado state. he's coming along well and is signed with al haymon.

I watched Breazeale in the Olympics, he's got a pretty good upside. I hope he's successful in the pro ranks

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 06:28 AM