IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How is it that Juan Manuel Marquez is still NOT a top draw?
Gambit808
post Jun 4 2013, 01:28 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

Is it the way he's promoted? Is it his character? How is it that, with his fighting style and accomplishments, he is still being projected to make about 200,000 sales in his fight with Bradley according to the Bobfather? You would think he deserves a cult following like his fellow Mexican's Canelo and JCC jr. Especially after KO'ing a top draw P4P fighter. What is it about JMM that is not appealing to the masses?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 4 2013, 02:05 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

maybe its the drinking piss??

he doesn't appeal to the masses is because he's not a traditional mexican come forward brawler.

Canelo has been thrusted into it, and his tale has been fed so much hype.

JCC Jr. Fathers name

Plus the fact that people had Morales and Bararras nuts in there mouth at the time. Sure he is easily the better of the trio, probably the best mexican boxer of all time since Chavez Sr didn't seem all that. But like you said its a cult following, and cults are crazyyy. I swear if I even attempt to convince a Canelo fan using nothing but facts I'd get nothing but ignorance.

This post has been edited by mgrover: Jun 4 2013, 02:09 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 4 2013, 02:08 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jun 4 2013, 02:28 PM) *
Is it the way he's promoted? Is it his character? How is it that, with his fighting style and accomplishments, he is still being projected to make about 200,000 sales in his fight with Bradley according to the Bobfather? You would think he deserves a cult following like his fellow Mexican's Canelo and JCC jr. Especially after KO'ing a top draw P4P fighter. What is it about JMM that is not appealing to the masses?

let jmm step into any fight arena and they announce him or show him on the jumbo tron. it's sure to get a huge rise out of any real fight crowd. he has basically sealed his status as a hof'er. anything he accomplishes from this point on is just icing on the cake. he's made his money. he won't be a huge draw because the powers that be won't allow it. he'll always have the love of the mexican and latino fans.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jun 4 2013, 02:14 PM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 4 2013, 03:05 PM) *
maybe its the drinking piss??

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I almost forgot about that... I'm sure that had an effect, but u would think the Pacman fight would've boost quality in his PPV views.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 4 2013, 02:17 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

wait a second.....

marquez isn't a top draw!?!?!?

who draws more than marquez? not many.

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Jun 4 2013, 02:18 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

When he outboxes Bradley Maybe he will finally get the overdue exposure he well deserves

This post has been edited by BoxingStill#1: Jun 4 2013, 02:19 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 4 2013, 02:21 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

His style isn't appealing to the Mexican fan base. He's a technical genius and a great counter puncher, plus everybody always overlooked him because he came up around the same time as barrera and morales who I honestly think he trumps. To me he is top three from Mexico all time

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 4 2013, 02:22 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 4 2013, 03:21 PM) *
His style isn't appealing to the Mexican fan base. He's a technical genius and a great counter puncher, plus everybody always overlooked him because he came up around the same time as barrera and morales who I honestly think he trumps. To me he is top three from Mexico all time

i totally agree.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jun 4 2013, 02:35 PM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 4 2013, 03:08 PM) *
let jmm step into any fight arena and they announce him or show him on the jumbo tron. it's sure to get a huge rise out of any real fight crowd. he has basically sealed his status as a hof'er. anything he accomplishes from this point on is just icing on the cake. he's made his money. he won't be a huge draw because the powers that be won't allow it. he'll always have the love of the mexican and latino fans.

But damn 200,000? I would expect by now from both guys to generate atleast 500,000-600,000 fighting each other after there last performances. I know Mexicans being the dominant fan base in boxing love this guy but sheesh!!! I just expected more views being calculated than that.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jun 4 2013, 02:45 PM
Post #10

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 4 2013, 03:17 PM) *
wait a second.....

marquez isn't a top draw!?!?!?

who draws more than marquez? not many.

Not many yea but I can name a handful. I'd even go along to thinking Broner would do better PPV numbers had he have been fighting Bradley too, and he hasent even headlined yet.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 10:48 AM