IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How is it that Juan Manuel Marquez is still NOT a top draw?
bnoles4life
post Jun 5 2013, 07:27 AM
Post #21

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 4 2013, 07:59 PM) *
it's a very short list.

mayweather
pac
cotto

who else? if anything...may not be at the top....but he sure is close.

Dang near any of the Euro equivalent fighters......I don't know why he's NEVER caught on. I get that he's not a stereotypical come forward brawler, but hell, he can do just that; "brawl"...oh yeah... he WINS....just not sure what else the Mexican/Mexican-American fan base wants outta the guy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jun 6 2013, 03:35 PM
Post #22

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 4 2013, 02:05 PM) *
maybe its the drinking piss??

he doesn't appeal to the masses is because he's not a traditional mexican come forward brawler.

Canelo has been thrusted into it, and his tale has been fed so much hype.

JCC Jr. Fathers name

Plus the fact that people had Morales and Bararras nuts in there mouth at the time. Sure he is easily the better of the trio, probably the best mexican boxer of all time since Chavez Sr didn't seem all that. But like you said its a cult following, and cults are crazyyy. I swear if I even attempt to convince a Canelo fan using nothing but facts I'd get nothing but ignorance.

+1

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 6 2013, 05:01 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 4 2013, 09:18 PM) *
Dude obviously you never heard of Canelo Alvarez.

canelo hasn't headlined a ppv card yet.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 6 2013, 05:05 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 4 2013, 09:35 PM) *
As a few of us have mentioned, we'll see how this Bradley fight will sell. Being that he was the guy who recently knocked Manny out and had the world up in arms, he should've gained some type of popularity because of it.

Whatever numbers are racked up from his next fight, will be a measuring stick for what he can truly sell, since Bradley cant sell shit.

bradley had momentum then it was stifled by the alexander fight. he started building momentum again in his last fight...in the wrong manny imo....but it is momentum none the less. if he can beat jmm convincingly...maybe even stop the legend, he can keep the momentum going. i think he's an exciting fighter who knows how to win. it's unfortunate that hbo shit on him the way they did in the pac fight. same can be said for jmm. a convincing win for either is good momentum.

for jmm...he has pac 5.

for bradley...he can put himself in the floyd sweepstakes.

both guys have great potential to do very good number if they're promoted correctly.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 6 2013, 05:08 PM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 5 2013, 12:31 AM) *
I think he will be, can't name to many who drum up more hype then him and even though he gets hit too much IMO he's entertaining. It's a business and that's the other side of the game. Ward will be the best fighter in the game soon but as far as drawing interest and matching it up with talent, Broner will be a bigger star then him..wins get you in the game, entertainement keeps you there

wins against guys like demarco and malignaggi are barely scratching the surface. if he can start beating guys like matthysse, garcia, bradley or marquez....then he'll be huge.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 6 2013, 05:52 PM
Post #26

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 6 2013, 03:01 PM) *
canelo hasn't headlined a ppv card yet.

Doesn't matter, he is the top dog in sports, he made the biggest star in the game meet him at catch weight. Canelo is boxing! He fought in front of 42K people!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 6 2013, 06:21 PM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 6 2013, 05:52 PM) *
Doesn't matter, he is the top dog in sports, he made the biggest star in the game meet him at catch weight. Canelo is boxing! He fought in front of 42K people!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

u going to home depot this weekend?

+Quote Post
sduck
post Jun 7 2013, 06:01 PM
Post #28

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

He's not exciting at all, especially outside the ring.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 8 2013, 08:16 AM
Post #29

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 6 2013, 03:21 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

u going to home depot this weekend?

I got ringside tickets right behind the judges well three rows back. Here is the thing, if I go, I have to take my lady and I really do not want to do that. She ask too many questions and she gets cold fast, so i am trying to figure out a way to either tell her she can't come or break up with her. breaking up with her would actually be easier. LOL. if she wants to go I am not going. She has no idea who either Lopez or Maidana are, which means she will be bitching and complaining about watching nobodies. The shit I have to deal with!

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 8 2013, 01:37 PM
Post #30

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 6 2013, 05:08 PM) *
wins against guys like demarco and malignaggi are barely scratching the surface. if he can start beating guys like matthysse, garcia, bradley or marquez....then he'll be huge.

You can only beat what's in front of you. And I think he does beat those fighters you mentioned off of skill alone. But the facts remains that he's a bigger draw then those you named and he probably always will be. I can nit pick at Matthyssse's wins and the same for Danny to an extent. He's a draw for a reason...as far as Marquez goes I do find it weird that he's not a top draw. His type is exciting bad he'll go to hell and back to get the win. Fans usually take to that kind of thing

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 01:21 AM