IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How is it that Juan Manuel Marquez is still NOT a top draw?
daprofessor
post Jun 10 2013, 02:36 PM
Post #31

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 8 2013, 08:16 AM) *
I got ringside tickets right behind the judges well three rows back. Here is the thing, if I go, I have to take my lady and I really do not want to do that. She ask too many questions and she gets cold fast, so i am trying to figure out a way to either tell her she can't come or break up with her. breaking up with her would actually be easier. LOL. if she wants to go I am not going. She has no idea who either Lopez or Maidana are, which means she will be bitching and complaining about watching nobodies. The shit I have to deal with!

so what happened? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 10 2013, 02:43 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 8 2013, 01:37 PM) *
You can only beat what's in front of you. And I think he does beat those fighters you mentioned off of skill alone. But the facts remains that he's a bigger draw then those you named and he probably always will be. I can nit pick at Matthyssse's wins and the same for Danny to an extent. He's a draw for a reason...as far as Marquez goes I do find it weird that he's not a top draw. His type is exciting bad he'll go to hell and back to get the win. Fans usually take to that kind of thing

bradley and marquez have headlined plenty of cards. broner just started headlining. at this point he may be a bigger draw than matthysse and garcia...but he hasn't been on a stage like bradley and marquez. i don't know where you're getting your numbers/facts...but until he gets on the big stage like the guys i've mentioned, i'll reserve stating that he's a bigger draw. immitating floyds style may be appealing to some....but it won't get you to the top of the boxing world. i don't know he beats all the guys i meantioned but i can't wait to see him in the ring with that level of opposition so we can see if he has the goods or not.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 10 2013, 04:27 PM
Post #33

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 8 2013, 09:16 AM) *
I got ringside tickets right behind the judges well three rows back. Here is the thing, if I go, I have to take my lady and I really do not want to do that. She ask too many questions and she gets cold fast, so i am trying to figure out a way to either tell her she can't come or break up with her. breaking up with her would actually be easier. LOL. if she wants to go I am not going. She has no idea who either Lopez or Maidana are, which means she will be bitching and complaining about watching nobodies. The shit I have to deal with!

Chickenshit!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 10 2013, 05:03 PM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 10 2013, 02:43 PM) *
bradley and marquez have headlined plenty of cards. broner just started headlining. at this point he may be a bigger draw than matthysse and garcia...but he hasn't been on a stage like bradley and marquez. i don't know where you're getting your numbers/facts...but until he gets on the big stage like the guys i've mentioned, i'll reserve stating that he's a bigger draw. immitating floyds style may be appealing to some....but it won't get you to the top of the boxing world. i don't know he beats all the guys i meantioned but i can't wait to see him in the ring with that level of opposition so we can see if he has the goods or not.

I get it from facts. Maybe his mouth gets him most of the attention but it's a fact that doesn't diminish the fact that his name stays in the headlines more then the two you keep mentioning. Yeah they've been on the bigger stage and one of them got one of the best gifts of his life on that stage. Don't act like he impressed so much against Manny. Anyone with any kinda sense would see he wasn't on that man's level.

I'll give you Marquez on that stage but falling flat on it doesn't warrant me putting bradley any where near Broner in terms of drawing. At least Broner can bring a crowd. Name a crowd that them 2 pulled in? You can't do it cuz they can't.

I think he does beat them. I don't care if he imitates Mayweather's style I just don't like the way he carries himself outside of the ring but he's entertaining and it's his life. But he gets more press, more buzz then Tim and Marquez. Marquez has been on the big stage so many times that I've lost count but don't make me laugh with that Bradley bullshit. Both headlined cards and can't draw flies to shit

We will see what Broner really has when he fights Paulie, that won't be a cake walk for him

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jun 10 2013, 05:04 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 10 2013, 05:45 PM
Post #35

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 10 2013, 11:36 AM) *
so what happened? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I took her. I told her it is going to be a rowdy and fun crowd so just expect to be entertained. We got there, seats were great and things were going fine until this big ass Mexican cholo looking cat kept commenting on my lady's ass. I told him to chill out and thanks for the compliment but be respectful. Then this dude is going to flat out ask my lady for her number. At that I was like I will see how she handles it. She told him whatever his bank account number was is her phone number. It was lame but dude got the point. During the Charlo and Hopkins fight she kept complaining how cold she was getting and how boring the fight was, which sparked a conversation between her and this other dude that was sitting beside her. When the Angulo and Lara fight happen she kept screaming at the top of her lungs and the dude sitting next to me was like "is that how she sounds in bed" I could only laugh. When El Perro got his eye all messed up she honestly started crying, the crowd at that point was electric. So I had to explain to her it was boxing and he would be fine. I told her to say a prayer for him, she did. When Marcos and Lopez was fighting she kept saying Lopez too cute to be a boxer so then the guy that was sitting next to me was like, "You like Mexicans, huh sweetheart?" she said "I like that one." At this point I looked at my girl and said "I am leaving your ass home next time" and kissed her on the cheek. She just crazy, she had fun and I had fun but next time I am leaving her home and taking an ugly chic.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 10 2013, 01:27 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif) dude she has an extra key to my car and house.... I just imagine the scene from A Thin Line Between Love and Hate and all I see is this girl messing up my shit.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 10 2013, 06:04 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 10 2013, 05:03 PM) *
I get it from facts. Maybe his mouth gets him most of the attention but it's a fact that doesn't diminish the fact that his name stays in the headlines more then the two you keep mentioning. Yeah they've been on the bigger stage and one of them got one of the best gifts of his life on that stage. Don't act like he impressed so much against Manny. Anyone with any kinda sense would see he wasn't on that man's level.

I'll give you Marquez on that stage but falling flat on it doesn't warrant me putting bradley any where near Broner in terms of drawing. At least Broner can bring a crowd. Name a crowd that them 2 pulled in? You can't do it cuz they can't.

I think he does beat them. I don't care if he imitates Mayweather's style I just don't like the way he carries himself outside of the ring but he's entertaining and it's his life. But he gets more press, more buzz then Tim and Marquez. Marquez has been on the big stage so many times that I've lost count but don't make me laugh with that Bradley bullshit. Both headlined cards and can't draw flies to shit

We will see what Broner really has when he fights Paulie, that won't be a cake walk for him

ok. i get it. you're a big fan of the dude. some ppl are more easily impressed than others. fact remains...that both tim and jmm both fought pac. i don't care if you thought tim won or loss, the numbers tim/pac did in their fight haven't been touched by broner because he has NEVER headlined a ppv. that's fact. the numbers jmm/pac 1,2,3,4 did plus the numbers jmm/floyd did cannot be touched by broner because he hasn't fought anyone on their level. if/when he gets there....i'll give him all the props in the world. until then...i'll wait and see.

beating a light punching/weakest link at 147 is not enough to convince me of greatness. i'm willing to bet he vacates as soon as he wins to avoid facing his mandatory. expect some excuse like 'that's not really my weight...blah, blah, blah...' followed by looking for another beatable fighter to face. the formula they're going to run with him is what's used when a fighter pays his dues. floyd paid his dues against guys like hernandez, castillo, manfreddy, corrales etc proving he's the best at 130-135...so what's he's done above 135 has pretty much been icing on the cake. broner hasn't proven to be the best at any weight and is getting very favorable match ups with out having to pass any real tests.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 10 2013, 06:13 PM
Post #37

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 10 2013, 05:45 PM) *
I took her. I told her it is going to be a rowdy and fun crowd so just expect to be entertained. We got there, seats were great and things were going fine until this big ass Mexican cholo looking cat kept commenting on my lady's ass. I told him to chill out and thanks for the compliment but be respectful. Then this dude is going to flat out ask my lady for her number. At that I was like I will see how she handles it. She told him whatever his bank account number was is her phone number. It was lame but dude got the point. During the Charlo and Hopkins fight she kept complaining how cold she was getting and how boring the fight was, which sparked a conversation between her and this other dude that was sitting beside her. When the Angulo and Lara fight happen she kept screaming at the top of her lungs and the dude sitting next to me was like "is that how she sounds in bed" I could only laugh. When El Perro got his eye all messed up she honestly started crying, the crowd at that point was electric. So I had to explain to her it was boxing and he would be fine. I told her to say a prayer for him, she did. When Marcos and Lopez was fighting she kept saying Lopez too cute to be a boxer so then the guy that was sitting next to me was like, "You like Mexicans, huh sweetheart?" she said "I like that one." At this point I looked at my girl and said "I am leaving your ass home next time" and kissed her on the cheek. She just crazy, she had fun and I had fun but next time I am leaving her home and taking an ugly chic.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif) dude she has an extra key to my car and house.... I just imagine the scene from A Thin Line Between Love and Hate and all I see is this girl messing up my shit.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) it's shit like this that makes me roll solo. fights are the worse places to take fine ass chicks. fools don't know how to act.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 10 2013, 06:16 PM
Post #38

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 10 2013, 06:04 PM) *

ok. i get it. you're a big fan of the dude. some ppl are more easily impressed than others. fact remains...that both tim and jmm both fought pac. i don't care if you thought tim won or loss, the numbers tim/pac did in their fight haven't been touched by broner because he has NEVER headlined a ppv. that's fact. the numbers jmm/pac 1,2,3,4 did plus the numbers jmm/floyd did cannot be touched by broner because he hasn't fought anyone on their level. if/when he gets there....i'll give him all the props in the world. until then...i'll wait and see.

beating a light punching/weakest link at 147 is not enough to convince me of greatness. i'm willing to bet he vacates as soon as he wins to avoid facing his mandatory. expect some excuse like 'that's not really my weight...blah, blah, blah...' followed by looking for another beatable fighter to face. the formula they're going to run with him is what's used when a fighter pays his dues. floyd paid his dues against guys like hernandez, castillo, manfreddy, corrales etc proving he's the best at 130-135...so what's he's done above 135 has pretty much been icing on the cake. broner hasn't proven to be the best at any weight and is getting very favorable match ups with out having to pass any real tests.

You making this too easy old man. Don't act like I'm a fan boy like how you railed for Guerrero lol. You speak of greatness but where is the greatness of bradley. I've yet to see it. And you mean the numbers Pacquiao did right? Correct me if I'm wrong but when did we see those numbers exactly.

I agree that he may vacate. I'd like to see him try his hand at140. It's out of players there for him to truly test his skills against. The fact of the matter is he is talented and Paulie does pose a risk to him. I can nit pick at Broner but I see the skills. Not once did I say the dude faced career defining opposition I'm just stating facts man. And the facts is that even though he ain't headlined a ppv Luke those 2 I believe he draws more. When did Marquez draw with out Manny. I can probably count those on one hand. Don't even come back with Tim cuz I'll jus pop you over the head with that abomination fight with Alexander. Pacquiao drew those alleged numbers and them people not bradley

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 10 2013, 06:16 PM
Post #39

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 10 2013, 06:04 PM) *

You making this too easy old man. Don't act like I'm a fan boy like how you railed for Guerrero lol. You speak of greatness but where is the greatness of bradley. I've yet to see it. And you mean the numbers Pacquiao did right? Correct me if I'm wrong but when did we see those numbers exactly.

I agree that he may vacate. I'd like to see him try his hand at140. It's out of players there for him to truly test his skills against. The fact of the matter is he is talented and Paulie does pose a risk to him. I can nit pick at Broner but I see the skills. Not once did I say the dude faced career defining opposition I'm just stating facts man. And the facts is that even though he ain't headlined a ppv Luke those 2 I believe he draws more. When did Marquez draw with out Manny. I can probably count those on one hand. Don't even come back with Tim cuz I'll jus pop you over the head with that abomination fight with Alexander. Pacquiao drew those alleged numbers and them people not bradley

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 10 2013, 06:27 PM
Post #40

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 10 2013, 06:16 PM) *

i didn't call you a fan boy. those are your words. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

pac wouldn't have drawn those numbers without jmm or bradley in the other corner. that's a fact. bradley has a very solid resume in comparison to mayweather jr jr. there's no point in mentioning jmm's resume in comparison.

my point is....i don't ever remember ppl planning fight parties around a broner fight. i don't remember hearing or reading that broner sold out any venues or any of that. he's not been in ANY big fights yet. so to say that he does better numbers than jmm or bradley is a bit premature.

and since u mentioned guerrero....he's also been on a bigger stage than broner has ever been on. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) plus he has won championships in 3 divisions. broner will probably catch and surpass him soon...but as of this moment, guerrero is on a higher plane.

i can be swayed in this argument. show me the numbers.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 08:42 PM