IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How is it that Juan Manuel Marquez is still NOT a top draw?
mrchitown
post Jun 11 2013, 11:01 AM
Post #41

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 10 2013, 06:27 PM) *
i didn't call you a fan boy. those are your words. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

pac wouldn't have drawn those numbers without jmm or bradley in the other corner. that's a fact. bradley has a very solid resume in comparison to mayweather jr jr. there's no point in mentioning jmm's resume in comparison.

my point is....i don't ever remember ppl planning fight parties around a broner fight. i don't remember hearing or reading that broner sold out any venues or any of that. he's not been in ANY big fights yet. so to say that he does better numbers than jmm or bradley is a bit premature.

and since u mentioned guerrero....he's also been on a bigger stage than broner has ever been on. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) plus he has won championships in 3 divisions. broner will probably catch and surpass him soon...but as of this moment, guerrero is on a higher plane.

i can be swayed in this argument. show me the numbers.

The only big stage Robert been on is the one he just whiffed and struck out on. I see he trying to get Ortiz to mix it up with him which was my suggestion. If I do t get my check I'm gon be on the big stage running my mouth until I get a check like he did lol

I see what your saying. In all honesty the way he acts after a fight I wouldn't hold a fight party for one of his fights. But I do think in terms of popularity he's past Bradley in a sense but maybe not JMM because of those awesome fights he's had with Manny.

His viewership numbers is what I speak of
When Arum releases the numbers for those ppv's then I'll give some credit because I have done research and I found nothing where the official numbers were released just a bunch of horseshit that he told his journalist minions.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 11 2013, 12:40 PM
Post #42

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 11 2013, 09:01 AM) *
The only big stage Robert been on is the one he just whiffed and struck out on. I see he trying to get Ortiz to mix it up with him which was my suggestion. If I do t get my check I'm gon be on the big stage running my mouth until I get a check like he did lol

I see what your saying. In all honesty the way he acts after a fight I wouldn't hold a fight party for one of his fights. But I do think in terms of popularity he's past Bradley in a sense but maybe not JMM because of those awesome fights he's had with Manny.

When Arum releases the numbers for those ppv's then I'll give some credit because I have done research and I found nothing where the official numbers were released just a bunch of horseshit that he told his journalist minions.

Fuck the Blackhawks,

Now to the topic: Juan has a different personality than most Mexican fighters. Highly intelligent and he has sense. He isn't Mr. Personality and he doesn't spew the same bullshit as other fighters. Canelo has his looks and hype that has pushed him into boxing super stardom even though he has only significant fight... ONE! And many felt he lost. Oscar was the same way, good looks (according Merchant and Lamply) and an awesome following. Juan doesn't have that machine behind him. All he has is his hands to prove hos worth. Incredible fights, but outside of Pac and May how many casual fans know about the Dynamite's career? That is why he isn't as popular as Oscar, Orphan Annie, and Chavez, Chavez Jr.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 11 2013, 12:48 PM
Post #43

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 11 2013, 11:01 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 11 2013, 12:52 PM
Post #44

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 11 2013, 12:40 PM) *
Fuck the Blackhawks,

Now to the topic: Juan has a different personality than most Mexican fighters. Highly intelligent and he has sense. He isn't Mr. Personality and he doesn't spew the same bullshit as other fighters. Canelo has his looks and hype that has pushed him into boxing super stardom even though he has only significant fight... ONE! And many felt he lost. Oscar was the same way, good looks (according Merchant and Lamply) and an awesome following. Juan doesn't have that machine behind him. All he has is his hands to prove hos worth. Incredible fights, but outside of Pac and May how many casual fans know about the Dynamite's career? That is why he isn't as popular as Oscar, Orphan Annie, and Chavez, Chavez Jr.

a friend of mine just came back from belize and hes says that they love marquez there. he said at a really popular bar they have a shrine like photo on the wall for everyone to see that has 3 pics....marquez launching the punch, marquez landing the punch and marquez with his hands raised and pac asleep on the canvas. 'the shot heard around the world.' make no mistake about it...he's popular. you don't knock out a pacquiao and ppl don't know your name. it's just like the guy who knocked out tyson....or what's the other guys name that knocked out roy jones? yeah...

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 11 2013, 02:54 PM
Post #45

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 11 2013, 12:40 PM) *
Fuck the Blackhawks,

I agree with everything you said. Marquez has a great style to me and maybe I'm crazy but the few times he was on 24/7 I did find him a bit interesting. Outside of the drinking piss mess of course. He's one of the greats and he deserves those type of accolades. His fight with Bradley will do solid numbers I believe

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 11 2013, 02:56 PM
Post #46

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 11 2013, 12:48 PM) *

I might have to start looking into my legal options to see what can be done lol. He'll I know they be paying attention to us because we bring up potential fights and low and behold they get made. The members of this board are investors in boxing and we ain't getting our return. It's time for the payback lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 11 2013, 04:36 PM
Post #47

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 11 2013, 03:56 PM) *
I might have to start looking into my legal options to see what can be done lol. He'll I know they be paying attention to us because we bring up potential fights and low and behold they get made. The members of this board are investors in boxing and we ain't getting our return. It's time for the payback lol

my payback is getting to see the matches i want and the sport i love. don't get me wrong though...i'm gonna be right with you demanding that check!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 11 2013, 07:26 PM
Post #48

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 11 2013, 12:01 PM) *

I think a few of us around here, are overdue for a check, especially with some of this shit that we've put out there. In order for us to get compensated, we'll have to get a lawyer, sue these nimrods, pay our lawyer afterwards...just to look at how much money we actually spent on pressing charges. Dont ya just love the justice system??? Lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 11 2013, 09:16 PM
Post #49

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 11 2013, 04:36 PM) *
my payback is getting to see the matches i want and the sport i love. don't get me wrong though...i'm gonna be right with you demanding that check!

That ain't enough. We need them checks. At least they can hook us up with some tix to the fights. But it's a blessing that we are seeing some very good matches being made right now

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jun 11 2013, 09:17 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 11 2013, 09:17 PM
Post #50

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 11 2013, 07:26 PM) *
I think a few of us around here, are overdue for a check, especially with some of this shit that we've put out there. In order for us to get compensated, we'll have to get a lawyer, sue these nimrods, pay our lawyer afterwards...just to look at how much money we actually spent on pressing charges. Dont ya just love the justice system??? Lol

We need to hire Ronnie Cochran. He did wonders for Shenene lol

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 12:05 PM