IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> returning to the scene of the crime...again!!!, how does adamek keep headlining on nbc!?!?!
daprofessor
post Jun 4 2013, 03:22 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

he got a gift decision against chambers....then he got another gift decision against cunningham. mainevents and nbc should be ashamed of themselves...along with that bullshit commission that keeps giving him these gifts.

the only saving grace for nbc and mainevents is that chambers is on the undercard. i may tune in for his fight then tune out for adamek. smh.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
flazi
post Jun 4 2013, 04:25 PM
Post #2

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

he got beat by cunningham. did adamek even touch him more than 10 times the whole fight? you have to ko adamek to win on nbc.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 4 2013, 04:28 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (flazi @ Jun 4 2013, 04:25 PM) *
he got beat by cunningham. did adamek even touch him more than 10 times the whole fight? you have to ko adamek to win on nbc.

seriously. the guy that signs to fight him has to know that.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 4 2013, 09:36 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Fuck him

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 5 2013, 12:25 AM
Post #5

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

He clearly lost to Chambers and Cunningham IMO, IDK why they keep pushing him because he's never been anything special at HW and he looks worse in each fight

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 6 2013, 07:41 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 5 2013, 12:25 AM) *
He clearly lost to Chambers and Cunningham IMO, IDK why they keep pushing him because he's never been anything special at HW and he looks worse in each fight

that's the thing about boxing....you have a guy that puts asses in the seats and everyone and their momma will do what they can to protect them. i can see why they do it for a guy like gatti who was never in a boring fight and typically gave the crowd their money's worth....but for someone like adamek who is nothing special in comparison. it's bullshit.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 6 2013, 09:24 PM
Post #7

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 6 2013, 07:41 PM) *
that's the thing about boxing....you have a guy that puts asses in the seats and everyone and their momma will do what they can to protect them. i can see why they do it for a guy like gatti who was never in a boring fight and typically gave the crowd their money's worth....but for someone like adamek who is nothing special in comparison. it's bullshit.

Right but that's what's wrong with boxing as well. I swear this sport should be blind with all the black eyes it's received over it's history.....Adamek has looked less then appealing at HW, if he does get another cracked at a world title I believe it will end worse then his previous attempt

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 6 2013, 09:32 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 6 2013, 09:24 PM) *
Right but that's what's wrong with boxing as well. I swear this sport should be blind with all the black eyes it's received over it's history.....Adamek has looked less then appealing at HW, if he does get another cracked at a world title I believe it will end worse then his previous attempt

i agree. mainevents is going to ride him til the wheels fall off.

imo, that's what made don king a much better promoter than the rest. if someone beat 'his guy' he didn't shit on their career...he kept things moving by promoting their next fight. now a days....if you beat top ranks guy...u get shelved. or best case scenario...he might sign and promote you. no one is trying to keep the show going.

+Quote Post
flazi
post Jun 7 2013, 05:28 PM
Post #9

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

they have to ride him till the wheels fall off. i believe he is their only main money maker right now. you are right about dk. Norris would lose and be back fighting right after.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 11:26 PM