Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is Gamboa Screwed?
Dolimite
post Jun 6 2013, 10:03 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Gamboa is a talented fighter and it seems like his career is in the shitter. Like me explain: he left Arum (smart move) and started hanging out with Floyd and boxing in his gym. Everyone thought that he would blow up as a fighter, he was even apart of the short lived "Bomb Squad." His career took a turn for the worse when Floyd went to jail and he ended signing with 50. Ever since 50 and Floyd broke up Gamboa has been in promotional hell. He hasn't been active and he is losing valuable time. He is not a spring chicken. 50 obviously does not know shit about the boxing world and promotion. I feel like Gamboa is fucked. I wonder when his contract will up because he needs to sign with someone who knows what they are doing. I hate to see good talent go to waste. In all has Gamboa screwed himself out of a great career by his business decisions?

And does anyone miss 50 hogging the camera? I don't either.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tray1201
post Jun 6 2013, 10:48 PM
Post #2

Amateur

Member No.: 13,944

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 6 2013, 10:03 PM) *
Gamboa is a talented fighter and it seems like his career is in the shitter. Like me explain: he left Arum (smart move) and started hanging out with Floyd and boxing in his gym. Everyone thought that he would blow up as a fighter, he was even apart of the short lived "Bomb Squad." His career took a turn for the worse when Floyd went to jail and he ended signing with 50. Ever since 50 and Floyd broke up Gamboa has been in promotional hell. He hasn't been active and he is losing valuable time. He is not a spring chicken. 50 obviously does not know shit about the boxing world and promotion. I feel like Gamboa is fucked. I wonder when his contract will up because he needs to sign with someone who knows what they are doing. I hate to see good talent go to waste. In all has Gamboa screwed himself out of a great career by his business decisions?

And does anyone miss 50 hogging the camera? I don't either.

Gamboa doesn't fight enough ... Talented fighter who once had a chance to b great signing to SMS promotions bad move

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 7 2013, 12:48 AM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

He screwed himself, don't blame 50. He signed that contract,aint nobody frce him to do that some of the issues in his career is his fault..he don't seem too bright IMO

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 7 2013, 06:52 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Yes, he's with a wannabe promoter, am surprised his contract didn't get transferred to Mayweather promotions

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 7 2013, 11:36 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 6 2013, 09:48 PM) *
He screwed himself, don't blame 50. He signed that contract,aint nobody frce him to do that some of the issues in his career is his fault..he don't seem too bright IMO

I think he was under the assumption that he was signing with Floyd. A lot people thought that, I think 50 did a snake move. But I guess in the in Gamboa is responsible for his own career? I just think the kid has great talent and he should be fighting at least 3 times a year.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 7 2013, 04:42 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 7 2013, 11:36 AM) *
I think he was under the assumption that he was signing with Floyd. A lot people thought that, I think 50 did a snake move. But I guess in the in Gamboa is responsible for his own career? I just think the kid has great talent and he should be fighting at least 3 times a year.

Why would they think they'd be signing to just Floyd, if that was the case then they would've signed with Mayweather promotions. The facts are they believed Floyd was on board with TMT promotions, once that fell thru those fighters could've went with him if they wanted to but didn't. Gamboa and Dirrell stayed and they technically had no choice because they took money upfront

50 did a snake move to Mayweather but not Gamboa...and yeah he should be fighting more but when you leave a well known promoter you better have tour affairs in order. Promoters and their companies don't own fighters. A fighter runs his career. Curt Flood made shit like that possible. You can't blame the boss all the time for your mistakes and this is no exception

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 7 2013, 05:37 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 7 2013, 02:42 PM) *
Why would they think they'd be signing to just Floyd, if that was the case then they would've signed with Mayweather promotions. The facts are they believed Floyd was on board with TMT promotions, once that fell thru those fighters could've went with him if they wanted to but didn't. Gamboa and Dirrell stayed and they technically had no choice because they took money upfront

50 did a snake move to Mayweather but not Gamboa...and yeah he should be fighting more but when you leave a well known promoter you better have tour affairs in order. Promoters and their companies don't own fighters. A fighter runs his career. Curt Flood made shit like that possible. You can't blame the boss all the time for your mistakes and this is no exception

I thought they signed before everything fell through. Oh well. Gamboa does have a language barrier and fuck the blackhawks!

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 8 2013, 12:48 AM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 7 2013, 05:37 PM) *
I thought they signed before everything fell through. Oh well. Gamboa does have a language barrier and fuck the blackhawks!

3-1 is a beautiful thing lol....IDK know when they signed but I do recall all the moves being made when Mayweather was locked up

On another note, IDK how to feel about 50 doing the documentary on Tapia...I will reserve judgement until I see it, maybe because he didn't know the guy, but Dibella was heavily involved with it so that should make it good. It debuts in some film festival next weekend in Cali I believe

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Jun 8 2013, 10:50 AM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

Gamboa and SMS promotions will be ok. When the company was TMT everyone had positive feedback for Gamboa and 50, now Gamboa can't fight and 50 is a piece of shit. Cracks me up sometimes

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 8 2013, 11:36 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jun 8 2013, 08:50 AM) *
Gamboa and SMS promotions will be ok. When the company was TMT everyone had positive feedback for Gamboa and 50, now Gamboa can't fight and 50 is a piece of shit. Cracks me up sometimes

50 isn't a good promoter. Gamboa is a hell of a fighter but 50 should have Gamboa far more active than what he has been. And Andre Dirrell what is up with his career and Billy Dibb. 50 thought this shit was going to be easy but it is not. He doesn't have Floyd to lean on. I just feel bad for Gamboa, I really do.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 09:09 PM