> Is Gamboa Screwed?
BigFightFan
post Jun 8 2013, 12:48 PM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 8 2013, 12:36 PM) *
50 isn't a good promoter. Gamboa is a hell of a fighter but 50 should have Gamboa far more active than what he has been. And Andre Dirrell what is up with his career and Billy Dibb. 50 thought this shit was going to be easy but it is not. He doesn't have Floyd to lean on. I just feel bad for Gamboa, I really do.

Lets not even discuss Billy Dib! I think SMS is having a hard time making fights since they can't do business with GBP and their affiilliates. But I would put SMS up their with Main Events, FMWP, and Don King promotions.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 8 2013, 01:50 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Dolomite you got to stop this fuckery lol. He just started promoting you have to give it time. Ain't nobody successful out the gate, especially in the boxing business. Dirrell scored himself when he pulled out of his last fight a few months ago, Dibble supposedly has a fight coming up. Think u read it over at boxing scene.

Where 50 messed up is trying to fuck over Al Harmon, IDK wtf he was thinking with that mess. Now it seems like he's only willing or only able to do business with Dibella and top rank. He has to take what's given to him it seems.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 8 2013, 07:06 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 8 2013, 10:50 AM) *
Dolomite you got to stop this fuckery lol. He just started promoting you have to give it time. Ain't nobody successful out the gate, especially in the boxing business. Dirrell scored himself when he pulled out of his last fight a few months ago, Dibble supposedly has a fight coming up. Think u read it over at boxing scene.

Where 50 messed up is trying to fuck over Al Harmon, IDK wtf he was thinking with that mess. Now it seems like he's only willing or only able to do business with Dibella and top rank. He has to take what's given to him it seems.

50 has money and a recognizable name, he has exposures to the "hip hop" world. I haven't seen shit from him, actually he was at the X games in Barcelona. He had no SMS promotions or Gamboa t shirts. Now, whenever you see see Floyd he is sporting his TMT brand. we are both in marketing, the least he could do is market himself and his fighters. Shit do an interview with Ben or someone. It is stone cold silent. The point of being a promoter is getting your brand out there he is not doing that, at all.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 8 2013, 09:17 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 8 2013, 07:06 PM) *
50 has money and a recognizable name, he has exposures to the "hip hop" world. I h
Daven't seen shit from him, actually he was at the X games in Barcelona. He had no SMS promotions or Gamboa t shirts. Now, whenever you see see Floyd he is sporting his TMT brand. we are both in marketing, the least he could do is market himself and his fighters. Shit do an interview with Ben or someone. It is stone cold silent. The point of being a promoter is getting your brand out there he is not doing that, at all.

As far as visibility, marketing, branding, and being known 50 trumps Floyd. Just because he ain't have t shirts don't mean he ain't pushing them. That dude is a marketing genius. Even in there interview with X X mag Floyd admitted that though he's the p4p king he's not that we'll known as 50. Floyd does what he does and that's fight but in terms of branding you have no facts that will stand up and put Floyd over 50....vitamin water shit on any argument you got lol

One thing I can say about him is that 50 will push his products, he is very hands on in that regard. As far as hi. Being a promoter in boxing, there's a reason people were excited that he and Mayweather joined forces, they could've changed the landscape of boxing together. That wasn't all hype for Floyd, people were enthusiastic about 59's involvement too. It went to shit when they went separate ways. IMO I hope one day they can put their issues to the side and at the least be friends again

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 8 2013, 09:17 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 8 2013, 07:06 PM) *
50 has money and a recognizable name, he has exposures to the "hip hop" world. I h
Daven't seen shit from him, actually he was at the X games in Barcelona. He had no SMS promotions or Gamboa t shirts. Now, whenever you see see Floyd he is sporting his TMT brand. we are both in marketing, the least he could do is market himself and his fighters. Shit do an interview with Ben or someone. It is stone cold silent. The point of being a promoter is getting your brand out there he is not doing that, at all.

As far as visibility, marketing, branding, and being known 50 trumps Floyd. Just because he ain't have t shirts don't mean he ain't pushing them. That dude is a marketing genius. Even in there interview with X X mag Floyd admitted that though he's the p4p king he's not that we'll known as 50. Floyd does what he does and that's fight but in terms of branding you have no facts that will stand up and put Floyd over 50....vitamin water shit on any argument you got lol

One thing I can say about him is that 50 will push his products, he is very hands on in that regard. As far as hi. Being a promoter in boxing, there's a reason people were excited that he and Mayweather joined forces, they could've changed the landscape of boxing together. That wasn't all hype for Floyd, people were enthusiastic about 59's involvement too. It went to shit when they went separate ways. IMO I hope one day they can put their issues to the side and at the least be friends again

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 9 2013, 10:42 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 8 2013, 06:17 PM) *

I know 50 is more well known but he isn't pushing his brand. I am saying whenever you see Floyd he has on his TMT shit on. 50 has the airways, the media, and the ars of a massive public and he hasn't really done much. Hell he could have his fighters star in his damn Vitamin Water commercials or SK1 energy commercials. he has the venue but he just seems either uninterested or has no idea what he is doing. I think he needs to really use his name to push his fighters.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 10 2013, 02:07 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 8 2013, 01:50 PM) *

that and dissing oscar. he just cut gamboa's opportunities in half with that bullshit. we can rule out a lot of potential match ups because of that very stupid move. that was very bad business. he put his promotional company in a huge hole that i think will be extremely difficult to get out of. arum is not going to let gamboa get any bigger than anyone he is promoting.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Jun 10 2013, 02:10 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 10 2013, 04:49 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 9 2013, 10:42 AM) *
I know 50 is more well known but he isn't pushing his brand. I am saying whenever you see Floyd he has on his TMT shit on. 50 has the airways, the media, and the ars of a massive public and he hasn't really done much. Hell he could have his fighters star in his damn Vitamin Water commercials or SK1 energy commercials. he has the venue but he just seems either uninterested or has no idea what he is doing. I think he needs to really use his name to push his fighters.

TBH, he pushes all his brands. I've never seen him not push a business that he is involved in. Why put them in those commercials when they not known like that. He does push them on the radio and interviews. I mean, just one soundbite from him goes a lit longer then most. At the same time the fighters are accountable for their own self. You don't put no names in promos. They need to get a spark and Gamboa definitely didn't do that this past weekend

If you came to me at a meeting and told me to push them by putting them in commercials I'd have you fired. It doesn't work like that and that's not a good business model
He pushed them rap dudes because they had a spark with him. Why push Dirrell to the casuals and you never know when this guy will actually come to the ring and fight. But you might be somewhat correct because I saw something that he used Gamboa for

He just started out, he needs time to develop into the role of boxing promoter. I think you just being hard on him bell cause you like Floyd so much...mes a proven better businessman then Floyd so I'd never rush judhement on him especially when the shit is less then a year old

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 10 2013, 04:53 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 10 2013, 02:07 PM) *
that and dissing oscar. he just cut gamboa's opportunities in half with that bullshit. we can rule out a lot of potential match ups because of that very stupid move. that was very bad business. he put his promotional company in a huge hole that i think will be extremely difficult to get out of. arum is not going to let gamboa get any bigger than anyone he is promoting.

We might be analyzing him in a different way if he hadn't of did that dumb stuff. I think he jumped out the Window when he said he envisions working with all promoters but then you try to cut out Haymon then you dissemination Oscar and GB. He so hard up for Gamboa to fight Broner but I think he's smart enough to know they ain't helping put money in his pocket.

He's a good business guy but he likes to bring that hood shit to everything he does. It helps and hurts him but it looks like it's hurting him pretty good right now

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 10 2013, 05:24 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 10 2013, 01:49 PM) *
TBH, he pushes all his brands. I've never seen him not push a business that he is involved in. Why put them in those commercials when they not known like that. He does push them on the radio and interviews. I mean, just one soundbite from him goes a lit longer then most. At the same time the fighters are accountable for their own self. You don't put no names in promos. They need to get a spark and Gamboa definitely didn't do that this past weekend

If you came to me at a meeting and told me to push them by putting them in commercials I'd have you fired. It doesn't work like that and that's not a good business model
He pushed them rap dudes because they had a spark with him. Why push Dirrell to the casuals and you never know when this guy will actually come to the ring and fight. But you might be somewhat correct because I saw something that he used Gamboa for

He just started out, he needs time to develop into the role of boxing promoter. I think you just being hard on him bell cause you like Floyd so much...mes a proven better businessman then Floyd so I'd never rush judhement on him especially when the shit is less then a year old

First off Fuck the Blackhawks!

To the post. I think 50 is a great business man. Canelo is in under armor commercials and the casual fan has no idea who he is. In order to push a product you have to give that product exposure. Dropping names in an interview versus giving people a visual of this person will go a lot further in my opinion. If he features them in a video with their name plastered somewhere people will remember Gamboa or Andrea Dirrell's name. he has an avenue that most boxers are promoters do not have. It is not about me liking Floyd, I thought 50 was a bitch ass after he did that shit with Vivica Fox and the entire G-Unit shit went down I didn't like. Many of my friends who worked for 50 has said he is cut throat businessman and an dick. Like you pointed out he tried to cut out Al Haymon and shitted on GB! Bad business as you stated. You don't try to kill Kaiser Souze off jump, you work your way to that point. Dibb, Gamboa, and Dirrell in my opinion are all fucked. Gamboa even stated as much in his promo, I think he might try to sign with GB when his contract is up.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 03:27 AM