> Is Gamboa Screwed?
daprofessor
post Jun 10 2013, 06:17 PM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 10 2013, 04:53 PM) *
We might be analyzing him in a different way if he hadn't of did that dumb stuff. I think he jumped out the Window when he said he envisions working with all promoters but then you try to cut out Haymon then you dissemination Oscar and GB. He so hard up for Gamboa to fight Broner but I think he's smart enough to know they ain't helping put money in his pocket.

He's a good business guy but he likes to bring that hood shit to everything he does. It helps and hurts him but it looks like it's hurting him pretty good right now

boxing is a whole different business. he's shot himself in both feet. i can't see him turning this around in the next year or two. i hope he's in this for the long hall. it'll be a while.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mex4life
post Jun 12 2013, 02:31 AM
Post #22

Amateur

Member No.: 13,898

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 7 2013, 07:52 AM) *
Yes, he's with a wannabe promoter, am surprised his contract didn't get transferred to Mayweather promotions

here we go again mr grover..hahaha

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 12 2013, 09:32 AM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mex4life @ Jun 12 2013, 03:31 AM) *
here we go again mr grover..hahaha

I'm tellin you mg, someones crushing on you hard lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 12 2013, 11:59 AM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 10 2013, 06:17 PM) *
boxing is a whole different business. he's shot himself in both feet. i can't see him turning this around in the next year or two. i hope he's in this for the long hall. it'll be a while.

Everything is different business. I don't see him turning it around anytime soon either but he's proven so I don't count him out.

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jun 12 2013, 12:00 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 12 2013, 12:52 PM
Post #25

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 12 2013, 03:32 PM) *
I'm tellin you mg, someones crushing on you hard lol

I like the attention (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jun 12 2013, 09:03 PM
Post #26

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 8 2013, 02:50 PM) *
Dolomite you got to stop this fuckery lol. He just started promoting you have to give it time. Ain't nobody successful out the gate, especially in the boxing business. Dirrell scored himself when he pulled out of his last fight a few months ago, Dibble supposedly has a fight coming up. Think u read it over at boxing scene.

Where 50 messed up is trying to fuck over Al Harmon, IDK wtf he was thinking with that mess. Now it seems like he's only willing or only able to do business with Dibella and top rank. He has to take what's given to him it seems.

He underestimated the "politics" of boxing and the level of "shade" w/n it. I'm thinking he knows now.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jun 12 2013, 09:12 PM
Post #27

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

I'm not going to diss dude's business acumen, b/c clearly he's done more than I. That being said, I'm thinking some of his business "genius" is a little inflated. I get the Vitamin Water connect (though his worth in that company was exaggerated), G Unit clothing and I suppose SMS, but he hasn't really done much lately in terms of being relevant. Again, dude is worth infinitely more $$$ than me, but when I hear business "genius" and it's coming from hip hop, Joe Camel is the first person who comes to my mind. Both dudes started out "hustling", both did record labels and clothing lines. However, one owned a piece of a NBA team and is now STEALING (read: signing) prominent athletes to his sports agency and the other is trying to establish himself in the dirtiest game NOT named U.S. politics (Oh...and I won't even get into how one of 'em juiced Live Nation out of $150M, 10 album deal). Hmmmmm....to quote Joe Camel: "You cats is home, screaming the fight's on. I'm in the fifteen hundred seats, watching Ty-son. Same night, same fight. But one of us cats ain't playing right....I'll let you tell it."

This post has been edited by bnoles4life: Jun 12 2013, 09:14 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 12 2013, 09:36 PM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 12 2013, 09:12 PM) *
I'm not going to diss dude's business acumen, b/c clearly he's done more than I. That being said, I'm thinking some of his business "genius" is a little inflated. I get the Vitamin Water connect (though his worth in that company was exaggerated), G Unit clothing and I suppose SMS, but he hasn't really done much lately in terms of being relevant. Again, dude is worth infinitely more $$$ than me, but when I hear business "genius" and it's coming from hip hop, Joe Camel is the first person who comes to my mind. Both dudes started out "hustling", both did record labels and clothing lines. However, one owned a piece of a NBA team and is now STEALING (read: signing) prominent athletes to his sports agency and the other is trying to establish himself in the dirtiest game NOT named U.S. politics (Oh...and I won't even get into how one of 'em juiced Live Nation out of $150M, 10 album deal). Hmmmmm....to quote Joe Camel: "You cats is home, screaming the fight's on. I'm in the fifteen hundred seats, watching Ty-son. Same night, same fight. But one of us cats ain't playing right....I'll let you tell it."

I was with you until you brought up Jay. I'll give you a fact to look up. Jay does nothing with out these 3 Jewish cats. They tell him what to invest in and not to and so on and so on. It's been that way since he sold roc a fella. I don't care for him that much and 50 is annoying but I give him some credit for doing shit on his own. If 50's status is inflated so is your point of view in jigga man

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Jun 12 2013, 10:17 PM
Post #29

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 12 2013, 11:59 AM) *
Everything is different business. I don't see him turning it around anytime soon either but he's proven so I don't count him out.

good point. in hip hop you don't have to work with other rappers to be successful but in boxing you have to work with other promters.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 12 2013, 11:50 PM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Hotsauce) *
good point. in hip hop you don't have to work with other rappers to be successful but in boxing you have to work with other promters.

I won't be surprised if somebody clowns him if he fails in the boxing biz. You made a good point about not needing others in hip hop but he's been that stupid mindset from the get go. If he wants to really put SMS promotions over the top he better get used to not always running the show and having to actually collab with others

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 02:00 AM