IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Broner does not belong on P4P list, Ring Magazine is silly "so called" bible of boxing
MAHDI
post Jun 7 2013, 06:17 AM
Post #1

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,939

Adrien Broner is ranked #5 pound for pound behind SERGIO MARTINEZ and I find this to be absolutely stupid. They even had Robert Guerrero at #8??? Lmao... Broner is on the list and the guy who whipped the dog crap out of Donaire is not on the list at all. Carl Froch is not on there??? I have been reading RING mag for more than 30 years... This magazine has lost my respect. Bottom line: Broner does not belong anywhere near that list. Let's go Malignaggi
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Jun 7 2013, 06:42 AM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Who cares. Its really about the top 3. Everybody after that you can argue for anybody. Who cares whos ranked 5th anyway? Its about putting asses in seats. Sergio was on the list forever and he can barely afford to eat at Bennigins.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 7 2013, 06:50 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

I don't find it a decent measure of anything anymore so really why bother

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jun 7 2013, 06:56 AM
Post #4

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jun 7 2013, 07:42 AM) *
Who cares. Its really about the top 3. Everybody after that you can argue for anybody. Who cares whos ranked 5th anyway? Its about putting asses in seats. Sergio was on the list forever and he can barely afford to eat at Bennigins.

Two different subjects. I understand if you do not care and that is your choice. P4p and putting asses in the seats are two different things. Arturo gatti could put asses in the seats and he was not a p4p fighter. Broner puts asses in the seats? Martinez has belonged on the p4p list regardless to his ticket sales. My point is that p4p is a measure of skill based on dominance in the ring against the best available competition and doing so with consistency. Broner does not belong on the list and neither does Guerrero. I mean they have Broner ahead of Pacquaio LMAO (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif)

Ring's Stupid list:
1 Floyd
2Ward
3JMM
4Sergio Martinez
5Adrien Broner (what a joke)
6Pacman
7 wlad Klitchko
8Robert Guerrero
9Timothy Bradley
10 Donaire

Broner is on the list ahead of Klitchko? get the freak out of here... Ring Mag has lost their minds. Broner ahead of Bradley? LMAO

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Jun 7 2013, 08:09 AM

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Jun 7 2013, 08:34 AM
Post #5

Lightweight

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 7 2013, 04:56 AM) *
Two different subjects. I understand if you do not care and that is your choice. P4p and putting asses in the seats are two different things. Arturo gatti could put asses in the seats and he was not a p4p fighter. Broner puts asses in the seats? Martinez has belonged on the p4p list regardless to his ticket sales. My point is that p4p is a measure of skill based on dominance in the ring against the best available competition and doing so with consistency. Broner does not belong on the list and neither does Guerrero. I mean they have Broner ahead of Pacquaio LMAO (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif)

Ring's Stupid list:
1 Floyd
2Ward
3JMM
4Sergio Martinez
5Adrien Broner (what a joke)
6Pacman
7 wlad Klitchko
8Robert Guerrero
9Timothy Bradley
10 Donaire

Broner is on the list ahead of Klitchko? get the freak out of here... Ring Mag has lost their minds. Broner ahead of Bradley? LMAO

The top 3 I can live with. And if Broner doesn't have the goods he wont get a sniff of the top 3. Someone will knock him off. 4 thru 10 might as well be 50 to me.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 7 2013, 08:51 AM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Cant necessarily call the Ring Magazine stupid, especially if there were a people here who had Broner AND Gary Russell Jr. on their "P4P" list. Maybe it's just a mixture of excitement and agenda...who knows.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jun 7 2013, 08:56 AM
Post #7

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 7 2013, 07:50 AM) *
I don't find it a decent measure of anything anymore so really why bother

Your comment makes mucho sense. When lists like this are put together by publications like the Ring your point of the P4p ratings not being a decent measure is real. the p4p category in my eyes meant something years ago, but maybe I was in another world.

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jun 7 2013, 09:34 AM) *
The top 3 I can live with. And if Broner doesn't have the goods he wont get a sniff of the top 3. Someone will knock him off. 4 thru 10 might as well be 50 to me.

I see your top three logic. Broner makes this list a complete joke as and even more of a joke having Guerrero there.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jun 7 2013, 09:07 AM
Post #8

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 7 2013, 09:51 AM) *
Cant necessarily call the Ring Magazine stupid, especially if there were a people here who had Broner AND Gary Russell Jr. on their "P4P" list. Maybe it's just a mixture of excitement and agenda...who knows.

Excitement and agenda...that makes sense but damned Broner P4P already? I mean then of course Saul Alvarez is P4p as well then. Guerrero on the list and of course he is no doubt removed after getting thrashed. We will see what happens with Broner in a few weeks.

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Jun 7 2013, 09:12 AM

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Jun 7 2013, 09:38 AM
Post #9

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

I may be the only one who would actually put Broner ahead of Martinez. Martinez was exposed his last fight and i see him losing alot more against anyone who is a good boxer...Also has anyone seen those recent pictures of Broner?! Looks like the weight up is doing him good, I can see him knocking out Paulie in brutal fashion then somehow getting bigger, i still haven't seen any of the videos he had on world star but more people will know him if he can keep promoting himself on there.

Donaire should be replaced with Rigondeaux, obvious reasons.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Jun 7 2013, 11:09 AM
Post #10

Lightweight

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 7 2013, 06:56 AM) *
Your comment makes mucho sense. When lists like this are put together by publications like the Ring your point of the P4p ratings not being a decent measure is real. the p4p category in my eyes meant something years ago, but maybe I was in another world.

I see your top three logic. Broner makes this list a complete joke as and even more of a joke having Guerrero there.

Guerrero hadnt lost a fight in 7 years. At the same time I dont want to seem like im defending Guerrero or anything. As I said before 4 thru 10 might as well be 50. I care more about the division rankings than I do P4P because those match ups can actually happen. Wlad at 10 has no chance of ever fighting Ward.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 03:43 AM