IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Dawson vs. Stevenson-SPOILERS, No New Spoilers, Public Streams, or Discussion of Showtime Card
Jack 1000
post Jun 8 2013, 12:02 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Follow all round by-round and post-fight reactions to the Dawson-Stevenson fight tonight on HBO in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 8 2013, 02:13 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

I'm going to need them round updates since I got to work tonight, hate when I have to work on fight nights......This fight intrigues me a lot because tonight we will find out if Chad is back and if the loss to Ward was just a minor set back. And we'll also find out if Stevenson is as good as advertised. Should be a good one

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 8 2013, 05:22 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I may catch this one after the Showtime card.

Anyhow, I need to see how that Ward fight effected (affected, whatever) Dawson. Stevenson is a mean ass dude, reminds me of Chisora, but with crumbling power. I think we'll know by round 3, if Chad will be content attempting to cruise to a UD and shake the cobwebs off, or will if he tries to go out there and put his foot down. Common knowledge says that he should be careful, but if he's too careful, then he may pay.

With that in mind, I wont count Stevenson out of this one. I wanna just go against the odds and say that he either hurts Dawson bad and makes him hesitant, or he stops him. Yeah yeah yeah, I know, Dawson has skills, blah blah blah. Fuck it, my recent predictions have gone left field, so what do I have to lose here? Not a daaaaamn thang! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Oh yeah, since I'm losing my marbles with these wacky predictions, I'll talk out of my ass even more and say that Gamboa gets fleeced by Perez. Never saw Perez fight before, but from what I was told (yeah I know, I need to see for myself), he was a tough cookie...like the Keebler cookies in the blue bag...or was it the red bag? Help me out here.

If anybody saw Gamboa look like crap against Farenas back in December, then I dont see this one going any different. Farenas kept him at bay with simple boxing shit, so if Perez is smart, he'll stick to that until he finds an opening...not that Gamboa doesn't make that easy to do. We'll see Yuri on the canvas tonight.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jun 8 2013, 05:35 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

I'm a bit torn, but I'm picking Dawson. Stevenson has continued to improve and his well structured, recent beat down of Donovan George was an example of that.

As everyone's already pointed out, Dawson's the better boxer, but Stevenson could definitely make this interesting and maybe be a bit of an upsetter. Very nice match up.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 8 2013, 05:36 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Doesn't Stevenson look like the dark-skinned dude from the group, H-Town???

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jun 8 2013, 07:21 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 8 2013, 06:36 PM) *
Doesn't Stevenson look like the dark-skinned dude from the group, H-Town???

Ha! Yes he does.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jun 8 2013, 09:08 PM
Post #7

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

I got Stevenson by MD. I think Dawson boxing skills will get him through 12 rounds but I'm in favor for a close hometown decision by Stevenson.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jun 8 2013, 10:33 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Holy frijoles!!!! If Dawson has a rematch clause, he might be able to redeem himself, but damn!

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Jun 8 2013, 10:45 PM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

dawson is doneI

+Quote Post
anthonyaccurate
post Jun 8 2013, 10:54 PM
Post #10

Strawweight

Member No.: 2,772

"bad" Chad showed up tonight, along with his goofy kool-aid hair chick.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 06:30 AM