IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Dawson vs. Stevenson-SPOILERS, No New Spoilers, Public Streams, or Discussion of Showtime Card
Cshel86
post Jun 9 2013, 09:08 PM
Post #31

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jovi @ Jun 9 2013, 07:57 PM) *
Damn Chad, Damn. 10 trainers in 11 years? That one punch KO just drained the rest of Dawson's career and got put into Stevenson's. I never seen Stevenson until this fight, he looked like the Black Superman. Im also going to have to look up what KRONK is.

As for Gamboa, i fast forwarded through the fight but i saw the first and last two rounds. Why does Gamboa try to fight like an outside fighter? He doesn't have the length or reflexes for it, he was getting tapped every time he would try to dodge. And he was taking counter shots like a college girl on Thursday. That knockdown should have been counted, wasn't that jab the same punch that knocked him down in his last fight?..He's gonna be getting the Chad Dawson treatment soon

(IMG:http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb29/emmajane3588/slap.gif)
(IMG:http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag79/grrrlgamer/Animated%20Gifs/merlin-gaius-uther-head-smack-o_zps3be3a0e4.gif)
(IMG:http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm86/SuperCoach2008/slap.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 9 2013, 09:22 PM
Post #32

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

If no one noticed...Chad cant ever seem to leave Montreal as the LHW champ.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

First the Pascal fight, then the Diaconu fight stunk, aaaaand...we had the Stevenson fight. Can we even call it a fight?

I noticed how Chad walked to the ring to "No New Friends" by Drake. Seriously, the title "No New Trainers" came to mind, but sadly, he may change trainers again. He didn't seem all that hurt by the loss, like he did after the Ward fight, where he DID share a few tears of disappointment.

In the prediction thread for this fight, I was just hoping that he got floored and finished, so we wouldn't have to hear about him anymore. Yeah I know, its a bit harsh, but shit, I'm tired of believing in a guy with so many gifts, who can't ever seem to assert himself when it counts. I'd rather root for the limited fighters of the world who we KNOW, doesn't have impressive skills.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Jun 9 2013, 10:44 PM
Post #33

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 9 2013, 06:29 PM) *
Nah fuck you man lol

lol

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 9 2013, 06:26 PM) *
Im saying. That dude looked mammoth next to chad and chad isn't small, he didn't do himself any favors with that ko tho. Good luck trying to find someone to fight you at that weight class now

For sure...he'd pry dwarf Ward too

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jun 10 2013, 02:44 AM
Post #34

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Fightnews has a nice post-fight article on Stevenson:

http://www.fightnews.ca/adonisdawson.cfm

He reminds me of Micheal Moorer when he was at light-heavyweight destroying guys. But sadly, when Moorer moved up to heavyweight he lost all killer instinct and decided he would rather be a cop than a fighter. He turned nice when he moved up in weight. Look at the size of Stevenson! He is HUGE! I hope Stevenson will stay world champion for a long time!

Jack

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Jun 10 2013, 09:41 AM
Post #35

Featherweight

^Agreed! As long as he keeps his mind right hes got all the elements to be a long standing champ

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 10 2013, 10:30 AM
Post #36

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I literally just watched the fight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) I've had farts longer than that lmao. Damn Chad. I had a feeling he was going to get KO'd that's why I didn't vote on the poll. I really like Chad. He seems like a cool dude. I think he has a ton of skill. That being said, he just simply cannot take a punch worth a damn.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 10 2013, 03:00 PM
Post #37

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 9 2013, 10:23 AM) *
Indeed, I hate when women do that to their hair I feel embarrassed for them

+1

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 10 2013, 03:01 PM
Post #38

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (wolterb @ Jun 9 2013, 11:17 AM) *
agreed everywhere. Stevenson looked like a heavyweight. Whoever is matching Dawson really dropped the ball.
fucktheblackhawks

is he still with gary shaw? why would he match him with a big puncher like stevenson after that last fight? hindsite is 20/20...but damn. i feel bad for the dude.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Jun 10 2013, 05:51 PM
Post #39

Featherweight

^Me too. Hes still with Shaw. On paper Dawson has the size advantage to be fair. but yeah, 20/20 lol

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 11 2013, 07:59 AM
Post #40

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

A question I have is...How in the FUCK did Stevenson make light heavy? He was WAAAAYYYY bigger than Dawson. Looked like a Lightweight vs a Middleweight in there.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 07:03 PM