IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT) Maidana vs. Lopez-SPOILERS, No New Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of HBO Card
Jack 1000
post Jun 8 2013, 12:06 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Follow all round-by-round updates for what should be an explosive fight tonight on Showtime in this thread! Maidana-Lopez.

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 8 2013, 02:18 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

Can't decide the winner of this one, I keep going back and forth. Lopez ain't gonna back down and Garcia says he's implemented some new wrinkles to Maidana's style so we'll see how the fight plays out. But I wouldn't be surprised if it turned into an all out war at some point

Also, Garcia touched on the starring sessions that Rios and Maidana had. I hope some kind of video footage surfaces

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 8 2013, 05:29 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I'm still undecided about this one. I sat Indian style with a glass on cognac and a candle lit...still nothing came back to me. The boxing Gods are ignoring me, big time.

As Bnoles mentioned, Lopez can be too game for his own good, so hopefully he wont fall victim to this again tonight. No matter how clean Maidana's new style is, he is still Maidana...nuff said. Even Soto-Karass kept him honest a few times in there...he worked behind his jab in some parts of the fight, and caught Marcos coming in on a few occasions.

Lopez may rely on his body shots in this one, but Maidana doesn't have a problem returning fire. It all comes down to who gets off first and gets back into position. The first one to get off first and leaves themselves open for returned fire, could come up short. I'd say that in or after round 4, we'll know what we need to know.

I like both guys! cant wait for this one!

Oh yeah, why in the hell was Angulo/Lara even made? I'm not complaining, but damn, GBP isn't helping Angulo's cause at all. On the Khan/Molina card, that Silva dude was giving it Angulo like mail on Sunday. Lara is surely slicker than that Silva dude (which I wouldn't mind seeing again).

Angulo fell out with Shaw, ran to Golden Boy and got clobbered by Kirkland, went to jail, just to come back looking like the Mexican Chuck Norris, had a couple easy and shaky fights, and now THIS (Lara fight). Oh boy, we might see some highlight reel stuff tonight.

I'm not totally counting Angulo out, because he did look more ripped than usual during the weigh-in, but shit, why this fight? It may be fun to watch...only because one dude will be getting knocked around the ring most of the night. And Lara's boring ass...dude has crazy gifts, but plays it waaaay too safe at times.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 8 2013, 06:01 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 8 2013, 05:29 PM) *
I'm still undecided about this one. I sat Indian style with a glass on cognac and a candle lit...still nothing came back to me. The boxing Gods are ignoring me, big time.

As Bnoles mentioned, Lopez can be too game for his own good, so hopefully he wont fall victim to this again tonight. No matter how clean Maidana's new style is, he is still Maidana...nuff said. Even Soto-Karass kept him honest a few times in there...he worked behind his jab in some parts of the fight, and caught Marcos coming in on a few occasions.

Lopez may rely on his body shots in this one, but Maidana doesn't have a problem returning fire. It all comes down to who gets off first and gets back into position. The first one to get off first and leaves themselves open for returned fire, could come up short. I'd say that in or after round 4, we'll know what we need to know.

I like both guys! cant wait for this one!

Oh yeah, why in the hell was Angulo/Lara even made? I'm not complaining, but damn, GBP isn't helping Angulo's cause at all. On the Khan/Molina card, that Silva dude was giving it Angulo like mail on Sunday. Lara is surely slicker than that Silva dude (which I wouldn't mind seeing again).

Angulo fell out with Shaw, ran to Golden Boy and got clobbered by Kirkland, went to jail, just to come back looking like the Mexican Chuck Norris, had a couple easy and shaky fights, and now THIS (Lara fight). Oh boy, we might see some highlight reel stuff tonight.

I'm not totally counting Angulo out, because he did look more ripped than usual during the weigh-in, but shit, why this fight? It may be fun to watch...only because one dude will be getting knocked around the ring most of the night. And Lara's boring ass...dude has crazy gifts, but plays it waaaay too safe at times.

I'm hoping Angulo-Lara brings some excitement. I like Lara a lot and though his style is not pleasing to the masses he is a very good fighter.

A friend of mine laid down some money on Angulo for the KO, IDK about all that but that would be something if Angulo could pull it off

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jun 8 2013, 08:39 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

The undercard on Showtime Extreme has had its moments. This Kamegai/Perez welterweight match was/is all Perez, but Kamegai might pull a rabbit out of his hat in the last two rounds (or get stopped while trying to do so...)

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jun 8 2013, 09:04 PM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

Ok, I got Maidana by 6 rd. TKO...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 8 2013, 09:05 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 8 2013, 07:01 PM) *
I'm hoping Angulo-Lara brings some excitement. I like Lara a lot and though his style is not pleasing to the masses he is a very good fighter.

A friend of mine laid down some money on Angulo for the KO, IDK about all that but that would be something if Angulo could pull it off

That's a brave friend of yours! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I hope that Angulo doesn't get stretched out there tonight.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jun 8 2013, 09:20 PM
Post #8

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

Oh man what a night of boxing... This annoying chick keep asking me if Miguel Cotto is fighting tonight (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) SMH, but it made me think yo PR fighters are in the middle of a drout in talent. I'm remembering the days the PR day parade celebrations came early through boxing

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 8 2013, 09:32 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 8 2013, 09:05 PM) *
That's a brave friend of yours! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I hope that Angulo doesn't get stretched out there tonight.

Brave indeed lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 8 2013, 09:33 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

6 rounds in, Charlo is fighting a decent fight, but Im noticing him rushing in and getting caught with that counter right from Hopkins. Hopes he makes some adjustments soon.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 05:39 PM