IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT) Maidana vs. Lopez-SPOILERS, No New Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of HBO Card
Jack 1000
post Jun 9 2013, 01:42 PM
Post #71

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I had Maidiana-Lopez even in rounds at the stoppage. It was that kind of war!

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jun 9 2013, 01:56 PM
Post #72

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Fightnws claims that the California Commission at the request of Anguello's manager, is inspecting the gloves. They claim although they were thumbless gloves, the thumb went into Angullo's eyes and fractured his orbital socket, which the Commission Doctor said "is so painful, I am not surprised he turned away." Early indication is that the thumbing was accidental.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/alfredo-angulo-update-205381

Jack

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 9 2013, 05:19 PM
Post #73

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (wolterb @ Jun 9 2013, 11:20 AM) *
the manner in which angulo surrendered suggests to me his injury could be life changing circa margarito. he walked through everything and then on a dime quit. I thought Lara knocked his eyeball out at first the way the ref acted

Some guy behind me said the same thing. And I couldn't tell if that was it or not because of the swelling

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 9 2013, 01:56 PM) *
Fightnws claims that the California Commission at the request of Anguello's manager, is inspecting the gloves. They claim although they were thumbless gloves, the thumb went into Angullo's eyes and fractured his orbital socket, which the Commission Doctor said "is so painful, I am not surprised he turned away." Early indication is that the thumbing was accidental.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/alfredo-angulo-update-205381

Jack

Lara can never escapes controversy in any of his fights. Even tho he would have still won if they stopped the fight due to accidental thumbing right? He was up on the cards and it was passed round 4

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 9 2013, 09:48 PM
Post #74

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 9 2013, 05:19 AM) *
Thrilling fight #2 and #3 on this card!!!! I thought the stoppage was ok because there was too much time left in the round, and Lopez was getting hit solidly, Maybe it could have gone another 10-15 seconds, but I don't think the outcome would have changed.

Yes, Angullo pulled an Ortiz, but that eye was fucked up. However, haven't many fighters fought through shit like that before? And what was it only one round left. Angullo could have gone on I think.

Jack

Yeah Jack, that eye was "oogly" (translation: past ugly). Angulo was officially "Angulo the Gargoyle".

I happened to have a homeboy here to watch this fight, and he's not even a big boxing fan. With that said, did the Charlo fight HAVE to be on this card? Why couldn't it be on Showtime Extreme. Don't get me wrong, I like the Charlo twins, but for me to be introducing somebody to boxing, that was NOT the first fight that they were supposed to be watching. And for 12 whole rounds?! Needless to say, he found a way to leave after the Charlo fight. Smh

You know how I feel about professional REFUSING to take a knee when they get hurt, smh. I was pissed at Lopez for that. I mean seriously dude, regardless of how bad ass you and how much you "weren't" hurt, the naked eye could tell that you needed a breather, but yet, he never took a knee. If guys keep this up, they wont be able to speak in the next few years.

I can appreciate a gritty fighter who wants to please the crowd, but when they relinquish control of the fight (refusing to take knee), its hard to side with them and their judgement of what's really going on. In his mind, he wasn't hurt. We just saw Maidana hammer him for a good 15 seconds.

In all honesty, Maidana did what he had to do, and Lopez made if awfully easy to beat him. He gave up the fight by going to the ropes like an idiot, but hey, we cant do much about it now. I'm just wondering where he goes from here.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 9 2013, 11:21 AM) *
Uuuuh, need I even say anything about this, Shelly?

Man, I humbly ate my words. Lopez hurt Maidana a few times, and I thought I was a pubic hair's length away from some serious bragging rights, but then reality struck. It's all good, there's always a next time. Lol

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 9 2013, 11:32 AM) *
I need to start a thread on why you should never bring your lady to a boxing match!

Please dont tell me that you took the stripper chick...

If you did...well, does she have some...friends???

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jun 9 2013, 09:49 PM
Post #75

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Lara as he was knocked down, looked a whole lot like Vivian Harris.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 10 2013, 10:01 AM
Post #76

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 9 2013, 07:48 PM) *
Yeah Jack, that eye was "oogly" (translation: past ugly). Angulo was officially "Angulo the Gargoyle".

I happened to have a homeboy here to watch this fight, and he's not even a big boxing fan. With that said, did the Charlo fight HAVE to be on this card? Why couldn't it be on Showtime Extreme. Don't get me wrong, I like the Charlo twins, but for me to be introducing somebody to boxing, that was NOT the first fight that they were supposed to be watching. And for 12 whole rounds?! Needless to say, he found a way to leave after the Charlo fight. Smh

You know how I feel about professional REFUSING to take a knee when they get hurt, smh. I was pissed at Lopez for that. I mean seriously dude, regardless of how bad ass you and how much you "weren't" hurt, the naked eye could tell that you needed a breather, but yet, he never took a knee. If guys keep this up, they wont be able to speak in the next few years.

I can appreciate a gritty fighter who wants to please the crowd, but when they relinquish control of the fight (refusing to take knee), its hard to side with them and their judgement of what's really going on. In his mind, he wasn't hurt. We just saw Maidana hammer him for a good 15 seconds.

In all honesty, Maidana did what he had to do, and Lopez made if awfully easy to beat him. He gave up the fight by going to the ropes like an idiot, but hey, we cant do much about it now. I'm just wondering where he goes from here.

Man, I humbly ate my words. Lopez hurt Maidana a few times, and I thought I was a pubic hair's length away from some serious bragging rights, but then reality struck. It's all good, there's always a next time. Lol

Please dont tell me that you took the stripper chick...

If you did...well, does she have some...friends???

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

No,I took my lady. The stripper chic would of been a lot more fun. This girl complained! And this Mexican dude kept flirting with her and I was like really dude, in front of me?

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 10 2013, 10:37 AM
Post #77

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

WOW... to say Showtime won this weekend's battle of the simultaneous fight cards is an understatement lol. Maidana/Lopez was excellent. Lopez, after a while, was like fuck this tactical shit...I'm gonna go out and bang. Miadana was hitting him like "yea ok motherfucker." That Lara/Angulo fight was turning out to be a barn burner as well. Unfortunate ending to that one. Didn't look intentional, but Lara got Angulo with the thumb and followed it with a left which seemed to rapidly exacerbate the injury.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 10 2013, 10:57 AM
Post #78

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 9 2013, 10:19 AM) *
Thrilling fight #2 and #3 on this card!!!! I thought the stoppage was ok because there was too much time left in the round, and Lopez was getting hit solidly, Maybe it could have gone another 10-15 seconds, but I don't think the outcome would have changed.

Yes, Angullo pulled an Ortiz, but that eye was fucked up. However, haven't many fighters fought through shit like that before? And what was it only one round left. Angullo could have gone on I think.

Jack

yeah sure they did, there called Antonio Margs.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 10 2013, 02:19 PM
Post #79

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jun 8 2013, 09:20 PM) *
Oh man what a night of boxing... This annoying chick keep asking me if Miguel Cotto is fighting tonight (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) SMH, but it made me think yo PR fighters are in the middle of a drout in talent. I'm remembering the days the PR day parade celebrations came early through boxing

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 10 2013, 02:21 PM
Post #80

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 8 2013, 10:17 PM) *
Shit is already looking bad for Angulo in the 1st...

Those straight left hands from Lara, is like shooting fish in a barrel. Angulo IS stalking though...which isn't always the best thing. I give this shit 3 rounds, unless Angulo's gonna pull a huge rodent out of his ass.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 06:53 PM