IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT) Maidana vs. Lopez-SPOILERS, No New Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of HBO Card
daprofessor
post Jun 10 2013, 02:23 PM
Post #81

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Jovi @ Jun 8 2013, 11:00 PM) *
Holy shit Lara got lucky. Imagine if he gave up after the 2nd knockdown. Awesome fight, liked Angulo's strategy, Virgil Hunter is a great trainer that actually gives his fighters the right ways to win.

no such thing as luck in boxing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 10 2013, 02:24 PM
Post #82

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jun 8 2013, 11:06 PM) *
boxing is GOAT

amen!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 10 2013, 02:27 PM
Post #83

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jun 8 2013, 11:41 PM) *
Just an observation... Maidana's team, seemed to be very quick to remove the tape from his hands. Lopez still has the tape on his hands. Not saying he's a cheat, but those subtle thudding punches seem to pack a lot of power. Something to think about.

the california athletic commission would never miss such a thing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/closedeyes.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 10 2013, 02:33 PM
Post #84

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 9 2013, 12:07 AM) *
Great fight! Great atmosphere! Had a great time! Can't beat LA weather

where else do you get waves in stadiums like that for boxing matches? that was a great night.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 10 2013, 05:30 PM
Post #85

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 9 2013, 02:19 PM) *
Some guy behind me said the same thing. And I couldn't tell if that was it or not because of the swelling

Lara can never escapes controversy in any of his fights. Even tho he would have still won if they stopped the fight due to accidental thumbing right? He was up on the cards and it was passed round 4

Dude where did you seat? I was three rows behind the judges. I had good seats. But the assholes behind me, next to me and in front of me I wanted to snatch up. The talked shit about my boy Charlo, called Lara all kinds of names and damn near started a riot when they stopped the Lopez fight. I did not do the wave!

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 10 2013, 07:37 AM) *
WOW... to say Showtime won this weekend's battle of the simultaneous fight cards is an understatement lol. Maidana/Lopez was excellent. Lopez, after a while, was like fuck this tactical shit...I'm gonna go out and bang. Miadana was hitting him like "yea ok motherfucker." That Lara/Angulo fight was turning out to be a barn burner as well. Unfortunate ending to that one. Didn't look intentional, but Lara got Angulo with the thumb and followed it with a left which seemed to rapidly exacerbate the injury.

And that is what lost him the fight was by mixing it up. If he would of boxed Marcos his hand would of been raised. I am 50/50 on the ref stopping the fight, I could see his point but from my angle Lopez looked fine. But I am not in the ring nor am I taking those punches.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 10 2013, 05:46 PM
Post #86

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 10 2013, 10:37 AM) *
WOW... to say Showtime won this weekend's battle of the simultaneous fight cards is an understatement lol. Maidana/Lopez was excellent. Lopez, after a while, was like fuck this tactical shit...I'm gonna go out and bang. Miadana was hitting him like "yea ok motherfucker." That Lara/Angulo fight was turning out to be a barn burner as well. Unfortunate ending to that one. Didn't look intentional, but Lara got Angulo with the thumb and followed it with a left which seemed to rapidly exacerbate the injury.

did u see a thumb? was it shown on the replay?

+Quote Post
Sezzy
post Jun 10 2013, 10:28 PM
Post #87

Amateur

Member No.: 13,948

Honestly, Angulo's injury could clearly be the outcome of taking so many flush shots to the face, (not a thumb) with the very little defense he displayed. The accumulation of damage eventually led to his face abnormality.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 10 2013, 10:48 PM
Post #88

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 10 2013, 02:23 PM) *
no such thing as luck in boxing.

Lol I know right? Is he suppose to be lucky that angulo doesn't move his fucking head lol
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 10 2013, 02:33 PM) *
where else do you get waves in stadiums like that for boxing matches? that was a great night.

Exactly! And the "Ole" chants? That was awesome especially for such a little venue.
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 10 2013, 05:30 PM) *
Dude where did you seat? I was three rows behind the judges. I had good seats. But the assholes behind me, next to me and in front of me I wanted to snatch up. The talked shit about my boy Charlo, called Lara all kinds of names and damn near started a riot when they stopped the Lopez fight. I did not do the wave!

And that is what lost him the fight was by mixing it up. If he would of boxed Marcos his hand would of been raised. I am 50/50 on the ref stopping the fight, I could see his point but from my angle Lopez looked fine. But I am not in the ring nor am I taking those punches.

I sat on the first row right above the floor seats at mid ring. By where berto got the drink thrown at him.

So that means you were close to where the guys who threw the beer in the ring after the Lara stoppage Haha
The whole day was a blast, we hit up a bar and grill before that to pre-game and hit up th pier to. That's the best atmosphere I've been in at a boxing match so far.
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 10 2013, 05:46 PM) *
did u see a thumb? was it shown on the replay?

I think there was a report already out, some weird shit about him getting his orbital bone fracture by a thumb. That sounds incredibly painful, I think the doctor was quoted saying he was surprised he could take the pain.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 11 2013, 12:28 AM
Post #89

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 10 2013, 08:48 PM) *
Lol I know right? Is he suppose to be lucky that angulo doesn't move his fucking head lol

Exactly! And the "Ole" chants? That was awesome especially for such a little venue.

I sat on the first row right above the floor seats at mid ring. By where berto got the drink thrown at him.

So that means you were close to where the guys who threw the beer in the ring after the Lara stoppage Haha
The whole day was a blast, we hit up a bar and grill before that to pre-game and hit up th pier to. That's the best atmosphere I've been in at a boxing match so far.

I think there was a report already out, some weird shit about him getting his orbital bone fracture by a thumb. That sounds incredibly painful, I think the doctor was quoted saying he was surprised he could take the pain.

Checkleft, it happened so fast I didn't even notice, I did notice Berto's lady!!!! Wow.

When I watched the replay at home, they did show an angle where hsi thumb grazed his eye but I was right there, it was punches that caused that shit. It wasn't his thumb. Apparently there was controversy about Marcos's hand wraps being taken off so quickly. Someone said they thought he had loaded gloves. I said if he had loaded guns the way he was hitting Lopez, Lopez would of been dead!

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 11 2013, 02:22 AM
Post #90

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 11 2013, 01:28 AM) *
Checkleft, it happened so fast I didn't even notice, I did notice Berto's lady!!!! Wow.

When I watched the replay at home, they did show an angle where hsi thumb grazed his eye but I was right there, it was punches that caused that shit. It wasn't his thumb. Apparently there was controversy about Marcos's hand wraps being taken off so quickly. Someone said they thought he had loaded gloves. I said if he had loaded guns the way he was hitting Lopez, Lopez would of been dead!

I'm with everyone else I didn't see a thumb. I read it on some doctor report, I thought it was just the accumulation too. Angulo took A LOT of flush straights

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 06:53 PM