IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Preview and Poll! Lopez-Garcia!, This Saturday on HBO. Vote in the Poll!
Lopez-Garcia Next Week on HBO
Who Wins Next Week and How?
Lopez by dec (close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Lopez by dec (wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Lopez by KO/TKO [ 3 ] ** [30.00%]
Garcia by dec (close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Garcia by dec (wide) [ 1 ] ** [10.00%]
Garcia by KO/TKO [ 6 ] ** [60.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 10

Jack 1000
post Jun 10 2013, 03:27 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Could be ANOTHER barn-burner next week on HBO when Juan Lopez fights Miguel Garcia!

Who Wins? Vote in the Poll and Comment.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 10 2013, 06:41 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

i'm getting the feeling this is going to be a good scrap. mickey garcia is good...but he's not unorthodox or aggressive as salido. juanma may have his moments. i'm thinking smart money is on mickey...but juanma can still crack.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jun 10 2013, 09:04 PM
Post #3

The Consultant

This has the ingredients of another war just like Showtime's two fights last weekend! I am gonna go with Garcia in 9. But it is NOT a fight I would feel comfortable betting on because Lopez can bang and can end the fight on one shot! Garcia might be a little better stamina-wise if he can take Lopez's shots early. But it's almost 50/50 whether he can, or not. You could almost say Lopez early. Garcia middle to late, I don't think this fight goes to a decision.

Jack

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 10 2013, 09:19 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 10 2013, 09:04 PM) *
This has the ingredients of another war just like Showtime's two fights last weekend! I am gonna go with Garcia in 9. But it is NOT a fight I would feel comfortable betting on because Lopez can bang and can end the fight on one shot! Garcia might be a little better stamina-wise if he can take Lopez's shots early. But it's almost 50/50 whether he can, or not. You could almost say Lopez early. Garcia middle to late, I don't think this fight goes to a decision.

Jack

i'm wondering how garcias nose has healed?

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jun 11 2013, 12:08 AM
Post #5

The Consultant

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 10 2013, 09:19 PM) *
i'm wondering how garcias nose has healed?

I think I saw a picture of him where he had a nasty bruise around his eye maybe three weeks ago.

Jack

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 11 2013, 12:09 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 11 2013, 12:08 AM) *
I think I saw a picture of him where he had a nasty bruise around his eye maybe three weeks ago.

Jack

if that nose is still an issue...i smell an upset brewing.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 11 2013, 07:14 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Let's not sleep on Juanma.

To many, he's damaged goods...in this fight, he's a man with everything to gain and nothing to lose...very dangerous situation for Garcia. He's lost it all, and we've seen him at his worse. I mean really, whose truly expecting him to show up for this one?

With that in mind, the pressure of "looking good" has gone out the window for Juanma. That's less pressure to focus on looking flawless, and more of an opportunity to pull off the upset in the ugliest fashion possible.

I like Mikey, but I like Juanma more in this one. I have him pulling off the TKO early in this one. As bad as his chin is, he still has speed, and can counter over the jab nicely (like he did in the Marquez fight).

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jun 11 2013, 11:38 PM
Post #8

The Consultant

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 11 2013, 07:14 PM) *
Let's not sleep on Juanma.

To many, he's damaged goods...in this fight, he's a man with everything to gain and nothing to lose...very dangerous situation for Garcia. He's lost it all, and we've seen him at his worse. I mean really, whose truly expecting him to show up for this one?

With that in mind, the pressure of "looking good" has gone out the window for Juanma. That's less pressure to focus on looking flawless, and more of an opportunity to pull off the upset in the ugliest fashion possible.

I like Mikey, but I like Juanma more in this one. I have him pulling off the TKO early in this one. As bad as his chin is, he still has speed, and can counter over the jab nicely (like he did in the Marquez fight).

It's like Lopez has to win here to stay on top. You know, can he get his punches working on Garcia before he starts getting frustrated and sees haunting visions of Saido. It all deprends. If Lopez hurts Garcia early, can and how well does he come back? If Garcia gets frustrated than Lopez has a shot, a huge shot. However, if Lopez lands on Garcia early and nothing happens, Lopez gets worn down and therefore taken out of the fight.

I think Lopez has to do what he's gonna do to win quickly, or it's gonna be a long night for him. Lopez must within four rounds or it's all Garcia.

Jack

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 12 2013, 04:56 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 12 2013, 12:38 AM) *
It's like Lopez has to win here to stay on top. You know, can he get his punches working on Garcia before he starts getting frustrated and sees haunting visions of Saido. It all deprends. If Lopez hurts Garcia early, can and how well does he come back? If Garcia gets frustrated than Lopez has a shot, a huge shot. However, if Lopez lands on Garcia early and nothing happens, Lopez gets worn down and therefore taken out of the fight.

I think Lopez has to do what he's gonna do to win quickly, or it's gonna be a long night for him. Lopez must within four rounds or it's all Garcia.

Jack

the thing that is good for lopez is that garcia isn't aggressive and ackward like salido was in their fights. he won't have to worry about garcia getting low on the inside and ripping those hooks he couldn't see coming from below. mikey is a lot more conventional in his approach.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 12 2013, 05:47 PM
Post #10

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I am going to be honest with you guys, I have not seen Lopez fight, I have seen Garcia fight and he is damn good. I think he has holes in areas but he can cover them against a weaker opponent. I want Garcia to win so we can see him fight Gary Russel Jr. or my dream fight, Garcia and Rigondeaux. Is Lopez Cuban? Because if he is, my Mexican brothers are batting low against the Cubans. We shall see.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 05:56 PM