IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Paulie and Adriene: Did they overhype their fight?
Dolimite
post Jun 12 2013, 04:25 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Looking around the internet and other boxing sites, I noticed that people are not really talking about this fight. I wonder why? Maybe they talked so much shit in the beginning way before the fight was to happen. For some reason I am not as amp for fight as I am for Danny and Lucas, or Bradley and Marquez. Oh well, or am I wrong?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
daprofessor
post Jun 12 2013, 04:48 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 12 2013, 05:25 PM) *
Looking around the internet and other boxing sites, I noticed that people are not really talking about this fight. I wonder why? Maybe they talked so much shit in the beginning way before the fight was to happen. For some reason I am not as amp for fight as I am for Danny and Lucas, or Bradley and Marquez. Oh well, or am I wrong?

the shit talking gets old quick. paulie isn't a big puncher and he's not going to be able to out box broner...so i think ppl just sort of lose interest because they know the outcome. i'm hoping paulie puts up a good fight and makes it entertaining. i cracked up when broner said paulie shouldn't be on the line cursing on their conference call "because showtime might not like that...and after we fight being a commentator is the only job paulie is going to have. he's really good at that and i don't want him to lose his job." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i don't want him to lose his job either.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Jun 12 2013, 04:49 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 12 2013, 05:02 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

it is getting a bit boring and stale no matter what they say now lool

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 12 2013, 05:36 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

There is nothing else they could say. I think Broner gets tagged in this fight. I wonder how he will take a welter weight punch and if Broner's speed and power will carry over. Again, I think of all the top prospects Broner loses first. He isn't disciplined outside the ring and he has bad habits between fights. I want Paulie to win but we shall see. has this fight even sold out? People are not buzzing about this fight... Showtime better hope this shit lives up to the hype these two men are putting out or trying to. I think people lost interest a month ago. I know I have.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Jun 12 2013, 05:53 PM
Post #5

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

I think Broner will fit into this weight well, he says its his natural weight. As long as he doesn't a feather chin then i think he stops paulie. I can't see any advantages that paulie has other than maybe his movement and still that will get neutralized by the body shots and quickness of Broner. But if Paulie does win ill eat my words with no malice. I dont know about other people but i know I'm tuning in, this fight is a make or break for Broner, first time he's fought someone who i didn't have to look up.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jun 12 2013, 06:13 PM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 12 2013, 05:25 PM) *

Because no matter what Paulie says, no one expects him to do what he's talkin about doin. The most damage he can do is outbox Broner, and judging from his last 2 fights it looks HIGHLY UNLIKELY... I have Broner stopping Malignaggi late, maybe 9-10 round.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 12 2013, 07:32 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

best chance paulie has is to use his movement and turn this into a chess match with limited exchanges. even then...he's not as fast as broner...and not as slick. forcing broner to lead and find him might give him some countering opportunities but i can't see him winning that way.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jun 12 2013, 08:45 PM
Post #8

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 12 2013, 06:36 PM) *
There is nothing else they could say. I think Broner gets tagged in this fight. I wonder how he will take a welter weight punch and if Broner's speed and power will carry over. Again, I think of all the top prospects Broner loses first. He isn't disciplined outside the ring and he has bad habits between fights. I want Paulie to win but we shall see. has this fight even sold out? People are not buzzing about this fight... Showtime better hope this shit lives up to the hype these two men are putting out or trying to. I think people lost interest a month ago. I know I have.

That question won't get answered in this fight....unless Broner is fighting ANOTHER WW. Paulie couldn't "crack" a safe, let alone someone's jaw.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Jun 13 2013, 12:59 AM
Post #9

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 12 2013, 09:45 PM) *
That question won't get answered in this fight....unless Broner is fighting ANOTHER WW. Paulie couldn't "crack" a safe, let alone someone's jaw.

This sounds like some shit N. Richardson would say, but he'd say it so swiftly, that it could be interpreted as a compliment. LOL!

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 13 2013, 01:26 AM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

At some point you have to just be quiet and lace'em up and get to work. I think they keep going back and forth because their both irritating each other

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 12:59 AM