IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Paulie and Adriene: Did they overhype their fight?
Cshel86
post Jun 13 2013, 08:44 AM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Paulie may not be able to stop Broner, but the fact that he has 7 KO's on his record means something. I would go as far as saying that those 7 guys that he stopped were bums and it happened early in his career, but when has Paulie EVER had power? That alone could mean that Broner is number 8 on the list, if he isn't careful.

With that in mind, I feel like a hard punch or a TKO can happen at any moment in Paulie's favor. Putting a guy on his ass, only takes 5 lbs of pressure, patience, and the will to do it...so we cant rule it out. The guy on the other side of the ring just needs to have in his mind that the other guy isn't fast enough and doesn't hit hard enough, then BOOM...strange things happen.

Between the two of them, Paulie has less to lose in such a big fight, so the Broner camp needs to keep that in mind. I'm thinking about how little Gavin Reese was able to dip his and land those overhand hooks that froze Broner a couple of times. That may be the ONLY way for Paulie to get some torque on his punches.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jun 13 2013, 01:08 PM
Post #12

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 13 2013, 09:44 AM) *
Paulie may not be able to stop Broner, but the fact that he has 7 KO's on his record means something. I would go as far as saying that those 7 guys that he stopped were bums and it happened early in his career, but when has Paulie EVER had power? That alone could mean that Broner is number 8 on the list, if he isn't careful.

With that in mind, I feel like a hard punch or a TKO can happen at any moment in Paulie's favor. Putting a guy on his ass, only takes 5 lbs of pressure, patience, and the will to do it...so we cant rule it out. The guy on the other side of the ring just needs to have in his mind that the other guy isn't fast enough and doesn't hit hard enough, then BOOM...strange things happen.

Between the two of them, Paulie has less to lose in such a big fight, so the Broner camp needs to keep that in mind. I'm thinking about how little Gavin Reese was able to dip his and land those overhand hooks that froze Broner a couple of times. That may be the ONLY way for Paulie to get some torque on his punches.

Shelly, respectfully, you sound as if you're hoping for a Paulie KO. That's cool, but let's step away from the ledge of the building. #8 AIN'T coming this weekend and Paulie knows that. He's going to try to outbox him and rightfully so, but Paulie sitting down on ANY punches is laughable. I remember when he buzzed Juan Diaz and BOTH of them were surprised. Personally, I think this is going to be easier than most think for Broner.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 13 2013, 01:28 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 13 2013, 02:08 PM) *
Shelly, respectfully, you sound as if you're hoping for a Paulie KO. That's cool, but let's step away from the ledge of the building. #8 AIN'T coming this weekend and Paulie knows that. He's going to try to outbox him and rightfully so, but Paulie sitting down on ANY punches is laughable. I remember when he buzzed Juan Diaz and BOTH of them were surprised. Personally, I think this is going to be easier than most think for Broner.

i hear you...and i partially agree....but i will say that lately, since paulie has been training with eric brown...he's been balling up his fists and sitting on his punches. he does appear to have a lot more pop than he used to. he did bust up sedechenko.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 13 2013, 02:18 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 13 2013, 02:08 PM) *

What gave me away???

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

If he even buzzes Broner, then that would be enough for me, lol. LMAO At how Paulie and Diaz were both shocked in that rematch, when that Paulie punch had some sting on it.

We've seen stranger things happen in the sport, so who knows.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jun 13 2013, 02:23 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

I think this is a close fight. I think Mayweather Jr Jr takes it 115-113 or something close like that.I think Paulie outboxes him and makes him look stupid. Mayweather Jr Jr had difficulty finding Gavin Rees for the 1st 4 rounds. Gavin Rees made him look foolish at points during that 1st 4 rounds. Paulie has a chin, is a better boxer, is bigger and will cause problems for 12 rounds. I see Mayweather Jr Jr getting the close rounds because he's (allegedly) the next big thing. I think it will be one of those fights that has us scratching our heads at the end because Paulie may look like he won, but the cards say 115-113 for Mayweather Jr Jr.

+Quote Post
Junior80
post Jun 13 2013, 02:53 PM
Post #16

Amateur

Member No.: 13,946

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 13 2013, 02:26 AM) *
At some point you have to just be quiet and lace'em up and get to work. I think they keep going back and forth because their both irritating each other

I think paulie may be able to frustrate broner, he will be the best boxer broner has faced thus far, that being said I think broner has too many tools for paulie to beat him and I agree with the likely hood of a later round stoppage

+Quote Post
Junior80
post Jun 13 2013, 02:53 PM
Post #17

Amateur

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 13 2013, 02:26 AM) *
At some point you have to just be quiet and lace'em up and get to work. I think they keep going back and forth because their both irritating each other

I think paulie may be able to frustrate broner, he will be the best boxer broner has faced thus far, that being said I think broner has too many tools for paulie to beat him and I agree with the likely hood of a later round stoppage

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 13 2013, 02:54 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Junior80 @ Jun 13 2013, 02:53 PM) *

Agreed, but I won't be surprised if Paulie does pull it out because Broner hasn't fight someone who gives movement like Paulie...mm this is a fight I wish would hurry up and come. not because I'm that hyped about it but because I'm sick of the back and forth

+Quote Post
Junior80
post Jun 13 2013, 03:00 PM
Post #19

Amateur

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 13 2013, 03:54 PM) *
Agreed, but I won't be surprised if Paulie does pull it out because Broner hasn't fight someone who gives movement like Paulie...mm this is a fight I wish would hurry up and come. not because I'm that hyped about it but because I'm sick of the back and forth

If paulie brings his a+ game and really frustrates broner then it's possible , and I'm real excited for this fight too, il be there at the Barclays (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 13 2013, 04:12 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 13 2013, 03:18 PM) *
What gave me away???

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

If he even buzzes Broner, then that would be enough for me, lol. LMAO At how Paulie and Diaz were both shocked in that rematch, when that Paulie punch had some sting on it.

We've seen stranger things happen in the sport, so who knows.

a few things prevent paulie from punching with any real power....his stance....his open hands....and his fear/respect of the in coming. he doesn't commit to his punching. it's just part of his style.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 12:10 PM