Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Harder Puncher Foreman or Tyson
Dolimite
post Jun 13 2013, 10:13 AM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

I don't know. I honestly do not know. You see young Foreman knocks and you are like DAMN and you see Tyson's knockouts and you are like DAMN!

The two were suppose to fight when Foreman was 50, Mike didn't take it for whatever reason. I will be debating this for awhile... what say you?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 13 2013, 10:19 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Depends I guess, while Tyson had some shocking power it a mixture of speeds and strength while Foremans was just pure strength I mean christ, Foreman as the harder puncher easily in my opinion.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Jun 13 2013, 12:07 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

Foreman....if we talk raw power it must be him. In his early days he was all about chopping guys down....literally. I have never seen the kind of pucnhes he was throwing. Funnily enough they eventually cost him some loses but they were MASSIVE !

In my opinion, Tyson's power was the combination of his style and speed.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 13 2013, 12:42 PM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I think Foreman but not by much. I think Earnie Shavers was the hardest puncher of all time though.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 13 2013, 01:16 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

foreman.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jun 13 2013, 02:41 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

A lot of Tyson's power came from angles and opportunity. He placed himself in great position to get those power shots connected to vital areas. Speed also played a part. Tyson may very well have been faster than Ali. Ali's speed was in his Jab. Tyson could land left hooks, uppercuts and crosses with the speed of most guys jabs. I remember a pic from SI wen Tyson fought Razor Ruddock, the pic was of Tyson landing a huge shot on Ruddocks face. You could see the gloved literally impressing itself into the guys face. It looked sick and really reminds you of how hard these guys get hit. Scary...

Foreman was an entirely different monster. His power was in his "country strength." He's just a big dude with bludgeons in both hands. I think he hit alot harder than Tyson and was just a naturally strong dude. EVERYTHING Foreman threw had KO potential. He had bone breaking strength and power. Foreman didnt give a shit about angles, opportunity or position because he hit and hurt with every shot. I once saw a clip of him hitting a heavy bag. He was killin it. And this was "Old Man, Grill sellin' Foreman." Nobody hits a heavy bag like that. Just a dull, flat fisted thud. Even when he jabbed the bag it was insane. Michael Moorer is lucky to be alive today...

+Quote Post
Junior80
post Jun 13 2013, 02:49 PM
Post #7

Amateur

Member No.: 13,946

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 13 2013, 01:42 PM) *
I think Foreman but not by much. I think Earnie Shavers was the hardest puncher of all time though.

I would pick Tyson , and for all time rocky Marciano

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 13 2013, 05:03 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Junior80 @ Jun 13 2013, 11:49 AM) *
I would pick Tyson , and for all time rocky Marciano

Clearly you haven't witnessed the power of the Pacman....

I am still debating. I don't know. Tyson has nasty power, but Foreman, man he had IT!

Daprofessor is it true that Mike ducked Foreman when Foreman was making his comeback at 50?

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jun 13 2013, 06:57 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 13 2013, 06:03 PM) *
Clearly you haven't witnessed the power of the Pacman....

I am still debating. I don't know. Tyson has nasty power, but Foreman, man he had IT!

Daprofessor is it true that Mike ducked Foreman when Foreman was making his comeback at 50?

It was alleged, that Foreman wanted Tyson in the worst way. Tyson (King) turned the fight down, allegedly.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jun 13 2013, 07:48 PM
Post #10

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

Foreman was the harder puncher but Tyson was faster which made his power seem as though it was harder than it really was, if you look at how fighters were able to figure out the speed of Mike's punches they were able to take them better but it didn't matter vs Big George because he threw slow and when it landed it hurt.

Tyson ducked Foreman for obvious reasons; 1. he knew BG wasn't afraid of him as he (Mike) relied on imposing fear in his opponents before the fight and 2. if he lost then people would've said he lost to an old man and therefore Tyson's stock drops severely.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 09:23 PM