Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Harder Puncher Foreman or Tyson
Gambit808
post Jun 13 2013, 09:05 PM
Post #11

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

Only way I can judge this, is by who has the most KO's over an extended period of time throughout there career. "Big" George Foreman fits the bill when it comes to that. Both guys are heavy hitters in there own right and I would've loved to see these two fight before that prison stint Mike did, but Foreman took out more heavy hitters than Mike so there u go.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 14 2013, 12:37 AM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Foreman but not by a lot. I wish they would've fought. I think Mike would've got him

Tyson ducking Foreman? Man that shit gets thrown around too easy nowadays lol....what Riddick Bowe did when faced with the opportunity to face Lennox, that was a duck

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 14 2013, 12:40 AM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Junior80 @ Jun 13 2013, 02:49 PM) *
I would pick Tyson , and for all time rocky Marciano

Interesting that you'd say Marciano, Though I disagree. I used to talk to the old timers in the gym, tell me that Louis was a harder puncher then him. I wish them 2 would've squared off in their primes because I don't think he could've handled Joe . Plus, damn near everytime boxing comes up white people got to pull Marciano out they ass lol

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Jun 14 2013, 09:49 AM
Post #14

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 14 2013, 12:40 AM) *
Interesting that you'd say Marciano, Though I disagree. I used to talk to the old timers in the gym, tell me that Louis was a harder puncher then him. I wish them 2 would've squared off in their primes because I don't think he could've handled Joe . Plus, damn near everytime boxing comes up white people got to pull Marciano out they ass lol

lol true.

Hard to gage who the harder puncher was, but Louis wins everytime had they squared off in their primes, guaranteed.

The stronger between Foreman and Tyson is a toss up too but I'd give the edge to prime Tyson. Foreman annihilated guys but he also had the size advantage most of the time, especially in the cases of Frazier and Moorer (arguably his most praised knockouts). Tyson knocked guys out that had a size advantage, that says a lot to me.

This post has been edited by wolterb: Jun 14 2013, 09:52 AM

+Quote Post
Junior80
post Jun 14 2013, 03:16 PM
Post #15

Amateur

Member No.: 13,946

QUOTE (wolterb @ Jun 14 2013, 10:49 AM) *
lol true.

Hard to gage who the harder puncher was, but Louis wins everytime had they squared off in their primes, guaranteed.

The stronger between Foreman and Tyson is a toss up too but I'd give the edge to prime Tyson. Foreman annihilated guys but he also had the size advantage most of the time, especially in the cases of Frazier and Moorer (arguably his most praised knockouts). Tyson knocked guys out that had a size advantage, that says a lot to me.

And punching up most of the time too, takes a bit off the punch (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Junior80
post Jun 14 2013, 03:19 PM
Post #16

Amateur

Member No.: 13,946

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 14 2013, 01:40 AM) *

Haha true enough I'm white and Italian , but that's not why I picked Marciano , when people would pull guard on Marciano he would punch there arms and as the story's go their arms would get so hurt after a few rounds they couldn't hold their hand up anymore, that's on helluva a strategy and I imagine it took great power to pull that off, not to mention he had a deadly 1 punch ko straight right

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 14 2013, 05:28 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Junior80 @ Jun 14 2013, 03:19 PM) *
Haha true enough I'm white and Italian , but that's not why I picked Marciano , when people would pull guard on Marciano he would punch there arms and as the story's go their arms would get so hurt after a few rounds they couldn't hold their hand up anymore, that's on helluva a strategy and I imagine it took great power to pull that off, not to mention he had a deadly 1 punch ko straight right

I knew it lol

Marciano was a bad boy, I think history doesn't appreciate him to a certain extent

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 14 2013, 06:52 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 14 2013, 06:28 PM) *
I knew it lol

Marciano was a bad boy, I think history doesn't appreciate him to a certain extent

he had nothing on rocky balboa.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jun 14 2013, 11:34 PM
Post #19

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

i think foreman as well. his fight against ron lyle was jsut incredible and remains one of my favorite fights of all time. Foreman would jsut stand right in front of you and bang away, and that was a flaw of his, because he could be hit relatively easily. The power of foreman just makes Ali seem so much more amazing to me, because ali stood there for 8 rounds and took his hardest punches to the body, kidneys, shoulders, arms, and skull, and didnt go down or even use movement, he jsut ook that pain, and waited for his moment. pretty amazing IMHO

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 15 2013, 12:14 AM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 14 2013, 06:52 PM) *
he had nothing on rocky balboa.

True Balboa gave Creed that work

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 05:51 PM