IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Rodney Dangerfield Award goes to...., Whos is the most underappreciated boxer right now in your opinion?
mrchitown
post Jun 14 2013, 08:43 PM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 14 2013, 07:04 PM) *
to be fair...a lot of dudes on that list get paid from endorsements of which floyd has very few. his money comes from direct sales...ppv/tickets. the other guys also participate in sports where the overhead is much greater than boxing. if you look at it in terms of return on investment....boxing cannot be touched.

Don't matter how they get it. The point is that he clocked in at 14 which ain't bad. Because if they were to add the stuff you talking about then Rose would've been even higher because of his investments and endorsements. Dude owns giordano's now and the Chicago sun times put his money in at close to lebron's numbers. Boxers don't fight often like how basketball players play games but that's not their fault. The numbers don't lie. And I'd disagree with the return on investment, I think the NBA and maybe even the NFL is a better return. I'd invest in a ball team before I put cash in a boxer
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 14 2013, 09:45 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 14 2013, 09:43 PM) *
Don't matter how they get it. The point is that he clocked in at 14 which ain't bad. Because if they were to add the stuff you talking about then Rose would've been even higher because of his investments and endorsements. Dude owns giordano's now and the Chicago sun times put his money in at close to lebron's numbers. Boxers don't fight often like how basketball players play games but that's not their fault. The numbers don't lie. And I'd disagree with the return on investment, I think the NBA and maybe even the NFL is a better return. I'd invest in a ball team before I put cash in a boxer

you're misunderstanding what i'm saying....

how many golf tournaments does tiger have to participate in per year to make that money?

how many basketball games does lebron/rose have to play in?

floyd made all that money for one nights work. he put in an 8 week camp....which i'm sure didn't cost much in comparison to how much he made. i won't even get into how much golf costs or any of that.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 14 2013, 10:03 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 14 2013, 09:45 PM) *
you're misunderstanding what i'm saying....

how many golf tournaments does tiger have to participate in per year to make that money?

how many basketball games does lebron/rose have to play in?

floyd made all that money for one nights work. he put in an 8 week camp....which i'm sure didn't cost much in comparison to how much he made. i won't even get into how much golf costs or any of that.

No I understand what your saying what I'm saying is that don't mean shit. Just because they played 82 games doesn't mean nothing. He boxes one night. Tiger plays in a few majors per year. The bottom line is the numbers not how many times they had to get there

The main thing is they on there. The average person ain't looking at how many weekends or games they played to get there. They just see the numbers. And the numbers don't lie

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 15 2013, 03:21 AM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 14 2013, 11:03 PM) *
No I understand what your saying what I'm saying is that don't mean shit. Just because they played 82 games doesn't mean nothing. He boxes one night. Tiger plays in a few majors per year. The bottom line is the numbers not how many times they had to get there

The main thing is they on there. The average person ain't looking at how many weekends or games they played to get there. They just see the numbers. And the numbers don't lie

well...if we going by FY13...that changes everything....but if we do calender year 2013....floyd tops them all. i'll take his two big pay days...cinco de mayo and sep 14...over the rest of the guys on the list. forbes can slice it however they see fit. they all getting paid.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 15 2013, 11:17 AM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 15 2013, 03:21 AM) *
well...if we going by FY13...that changes everything....but if we do calender year 2013....floyd tops them all. i'll take his two big pay days...cinco de mayo and sep 14...over the rest of the guys on the list. forbes can slice it however they see fit. they all getting paid.

The only one slicing it is is you. Numbers don't lie and Forbes is reputable. Ain't nothing you can say to dispute that. Income is on the fiscal year, you think they gon shift it to fit tour need for a boxer to be number one lol. That's a self explanatory list and as Jay said men lie women lie numbers don't

He gets more in a shorter amount of time then the rest, I'll say that, but Forbes don't pull figures out of thin air

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Jun 15 2013, 01:44 PM
Post #26

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 14 2013, 12:25 PM) *
It's amazing the level of skill they have isn't appreciated by the fans. But when they retire I believe the fans will give them their just due

Well...they do have fans but they're all in Germany lol I hope you are right but I think their ability will always be debated

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 15 2013, 04:11 PM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (wolterb @ Jun 15 2013, 01:44 PM) *
Well...they do have fans but they're all in Germany lol I hope you are right but I think their ability will always be debated

I hope I'm right too. History has shown us these types of things. They deserve the praise while they're still fighting but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll get the live and respect they deserve from the fans

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 17 2013, 02:33 PM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 15 2013, 12:17 PM) *
The only one slicing it is is you. Numbers don't lie and Forbes is reputable. Ain't nothing you can say to dispute that. Income is on the fiscal year, you think they gon shift it to fit tour need for a boxer to be number one lol. That's a self explanatory list and as Jay said men lie women lie numbers don't

He gets more in a shorter amount of time then the rest, I'll say that, but Forbes don't pull figures out of thin air

ever heard the term "cooking the books?" many companies on the fortune 500 list have been guilty of this. i'll agree...numbers don't lie, but more than a few on that list have been caught inflating them. i won't take everything they say as gospel.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 17 2013, 02:43 PM
Post #29

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 17 2013, 02:33 PM) *
ever heard the term "cooking the books?" many companies on the fortune 500 list have been guilty of this. i'll agree...numbers don't lie, but more than a few on that list have been caught inflating them. i won't take everything they say as gospel.

I ain't never heard of that ad it pertains to individuals. Tell yourself what ever you need to to make your point valid though lol. We ain't talking companies we talking people. It is what it is though lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 17 2013, 02:46 PM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 17 2013, 03:43 PM) *
I ain't never heard of that ad it pertains to individuals. Tell yourself what ever you need to to make your point valid though lol. We ain't talking companies we talking people. It is what it is though lol

i wasn't referring to individuals...i was referring to forbes and their lists. the fortune 500 is published in forbes. a lot of companies they hail on that list have been caught cooking the books. i don't need to tell myself anything....just pointing out a fact. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 09:21 PM