IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Andre Ward looking to sign with Top Rank, Good? Bad? smart?...
xxxxxx
post Jun 20 2013, 12:38 AM
Post #31

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 19 2013, 02:12 PM) *
I actually think Chavez Jr and GGG are the biggest fights he can get right now. Unless he wants to go whoop up on Froch in England and get some overseas money.

Those fighters are both Middleweights and even if Chavez moves up he just got beat by Martinez. Ward already beat Froch easily. It's time to test himself and go to 175.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 20 2013, 01:57 AM
Post #32

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jun 20 2013, 12:38 AM) *
Those fighters are both Middleweights and even if Chavez moves up he just got beat by Martinez. Ward already beat Froch easily. It's time to test himself and go to 175.

It seems more or less like he wants exposure and money, not to "test" himself.

+Quote Post
Genius
post Jun 20 2013, 02:45 AM
Post #33

Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,359

Frankly I don't think any promoter or anyone can make Ward a star, he's just not exciting enough and no one cares about those divisions.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Jun 20 2013, 06:39 AM
Post #34

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 20 2013, 01:57 AM) *
It seems more or less like he wants exposure and money, not to "test" himself.

It does seem that way.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jun 20 2013, 09:21 AM
Post #35

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 20 2013, 02:53 AM) *
Adonis is absolutely huge, and seems to have very heavy hands. It would be a challenge for ward to keep him at bay for 12 especially since ward isnt all that big

All the talk of how great Ward is, yet no clamor for him to move up and Fight Adonis... Floyd is expected to fight every damned weight class north of 147 lol.. How about it Andre. Go on up and face Adonis

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 20 2013, 12:45 PM
Post #36

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

^^^^ see this shit, I called it lol. Chistradamus is never wrong. People will always call for Mayweather Jr, Broner, and Ward to fight whoever the new guy in the block is or create some dude who seems like a monster to challenge them. It's no coincidence they do this to the black and undefeated fighters. They doing it with Mayweather and this Canelo stuff, and the media is trying to drum up interest in matthysse getting a cracked at him, they ridiculing Broner and I've read many times they thought he should fight Thurman instead of Malignaggi, now Ward is the latest victim of amateur match making. He'll I read a column by yahoo's Martin Rogers that said for Floyd to cement his legacy he should move up and fight Ward. I'm disgusted by people like that

Man you regular dudes make extraordinary people like me look even better (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Professor knows the power of chistradamus

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 20 2013, 02:23 PM
Post #37

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 20 2013, 01:45 PM) *
^^^^ see this shit, I called it lol. Chistradamus is never wrong. People will always call for Mayweather Jr, Broner, and Ward to fight whoever the new guy in the block is or create some dude who seems like a monster to challenge them. It's no coincidence they do this to the black and undefeated fighters. They doing it with Mayweather and this Canelo stuff, and the media is trying to drum up interest in matthysse getting a cracked at him, they ridiculing Broner and I've read many times they thought he should fight Thurman instead of Malignaggi, now Ward is the latest victim of amateur match making. He'll I read a column by yahoo's Martin Rogers that said for Floyd to cement his legacy he should move up and fight Ward. I'm disgusted by people like that

Man you regular dudes make extraordinary people like me look even better (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Professor knows the power of chistradamus

No offense but matthysse has a better resume then guerrero. Especially if he beats Garcia, but as a matthysse fan I don't think hes ready for Floyd. If he beats Garcia I expect a move to welterweight and a rematch with Alexander, and a fight against the guy who everyone is really the dude they are trying to hype for mayweather, maidana.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 20 2013, 02:28 PM
Post #38

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 20 2013, 10:21 AM) *
All the talk of how great Ward is, yet no clamor for him to move up and Fight Adonis... Floyd is expected to fight every damned weight class north of 147 lol.. How about it Andre. Go on up and face Adonis

The thing is adonis, in the US, is even less known than ward. In Montreal that would be big, and people have been asking ward to move up for a while. He has no challenges left at 168

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 20 2013, 02:40 PM
Post #39

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 20 2013, 02:23 PM) *
No offense but matthysse has a better resume then guerrero. Especially if he beats Garcia, but as a matthysse fan I don't think hes ready for Floyd. If he beats Garcia I expect a move to welterweight and a rematch with Alexander, and a fight against the guy who everyone is really the dude they are trying to hype for mayweather, maidana.

Totally disagree about the resume, matthysse lost to 2 fighters who did simple shit to him all night. He beat Lamont but where are the other names on his Ledger. he ain't fought Maidana yet and at least Robert was going to get it in against him. Though Ajose Olgussen is tough that doesn't show me he has a better resume then guerrero. Guerrero has berto on his ledger, and possibly Ortiz very soon if all goes the way it's looking like. Matthysse could get Garcia but that's not a given he gets past him and they going to let that Maidana-Mathyse fight blow up like arum did with Gamboa-Juanma

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 20 2013, 03:20 PM
Post #40

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 20 2013, 03:40 PM) *
Totally disagree about the resume, matthysse lost to 2 fighters who did simple shit to him all night. He beat Lamont but where are the other names on his Ledger. he ain't fought Maidana yet and at least Robert was going to get it in against him. Though Ajose Olgussen is tough that doesn't show me he has a better resume then guerrero. Guerrero has berto on his ledger, and possibly Ortiz very soon if all goes the way it's looking like. Matthysse could get Garcia but that's not a given he gets past him and they going to let that Maidana-Mathyse fight blow up like arum did with Gamboa-Juanma

The Alexander fight was a blatant robbery. The zab fight was a loss, people had it going both ways. but if you want to talk losses Robert has a loss and a draw against absolute nobodies. Guerrero has beaten???.. aydin? Berto? The lamont win tops any one of guerreros wins. Ajose in my eyes was a lot more than aydin who is a one handed hype job. Other than that he beat katsidis who is a human punching bag and can be put on the same level as soto. Guerrero has always been overrated

This post has been edited by checkleft: Jun 20 2013, 03:24 PM

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 07:55 AM