IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Andre Ward looking to sign with Top Rank, Good? Bad? smart?...
wolterb
post Jun 21 2013, 08:06 AM
Post #41

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,770

I think Ward has earned himself a little bit of safe time in his division. He conquered the damn thing. I see nothing wrong in staying king at 168 for awhile - he is still young. I imagine like others have said, Ward is biding his time and waiting for the younger guns to gain some weight and move up to him.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jun 21 2013, 09:09 AM
Post #42

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

Ward should move up and fight Adonis... 168 is dead...

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 21 2013, 11:00 AM
Post #43

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 20 2013, 03:20 PM) *
The Alexander fight was a blatant robbery. The zab fight was a loss, people had it going both ways. but if you want to talk losses Robert has a loss and a draw against absolute nobodies. Guerrero has beaten???.. aydin? Berto? The lamont win tops any one of guerreros wins. Ajose in my eyes was a lot more than aydin who is a one handed hype job. Other than that he beat katsidis who is a human punching bag and can be put on the same level as soto. Guerrero has always been overrated

I agree he Devon got some home cooking lol. But an L is an L and that's in Lucas' resume. Neither has an impressive resume that warrants much merit, but you say Guerrero is over rated then what is Lucas, you don't think people are over rating him. No one and I mean no one fell in love with the guy until he started moving guys. I don't hop on bandwagons like people are hopping on this guys and how people are seeing Adonis as some threat. Knockouts are cool but what will they do when their in with somebody they can't get outta there. Maybe Robert is over rated but Lucas sure as he'll is too

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 21 2013, 02:21 PM
Post #44

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 21 2013, 10:09 AM) *
Ward should move up and fight Adonis... 168 is dead...

we may have a new star this weekend if this cat that's fighting bika can beat him impressively.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 21 2013, 02:24 PM
Post #45

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 20 2013, 04:20 PM) *
The Alexander fight was a blatant robbery. The zab fight was a loss, people had it going both ways. but if you want to talk losses Robert has a loss and a draw against absolute nobodies. Guerrero has beaten???.. aydin? Berto? The lamont win tops any one of guerreros wins. Ajose in my eyes was a lot more than aydin who is a one handed hype job. Other than that he beat katsidis who is a human punching bag and can be put on the same level as soto. Guerrero has always been overrated

i'll have to watch that fight again...i didn't think it was blatant robbery but they did let alexander get away with excessive holding and he stood on his bike giving matthysse very little opportunity.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 21 2013, 06:59 PM
Post #46

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 21 2013, 12:00 PM) *
I agree he Devon got some home cooking lol. But an L is an L and that's in Lucas' resume. Neither has an impressive resume that warrants much merit, but you say Guerrero is over rated then what is Lucas, you don't think people are over rating him. No one and I mean no one fell in love with the guy until he started moving guys. I don't hop on bandwagons like people are hopping on this guys and how people are seeing Adonis as some threat. Knockouts are cool but what will they do when their in with somebody they can't get outta there. Maybe Robert is over rated but Lucas sure as he'll is too

Idk when he "started moving people" because he has at the very least knocked down every one of his opponents throughout his whole career. And he only has two wins by decision I believe so if you mean knocking out people than your going back to the ams. Your acting like this dude has been dominated, his losses came against contenders.

And I never said he should be in the ring with mayweather, but he sure as hell deserved it more than guerrero not only because he has had it tougher but because he's the only dude in the world not calling him out and selling pitty stories to do it. Hell Alexander deserved it more than guerrero. Guerrero is VERY overrated, I was pissed when he got the mayweather fight. But what's done is done, who knows if guerrero and matth stay relevant maybe they face each other later on.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 21 2013, 07:13 PM
Post #47

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 21 2013, 07:59 PM) *
Idk when he "started moving people" because he has at the very least knocked down every one of his opponents throughout his whole career. And he only has two wins by decision I believe so if you mean knocking out people than your going back to the ams. Your acting like this dude has been dominated, his losses came against contenders.

And I never said he should be in the ring with mayweather, but he sure as hell deserved it more than guerrero not only because he has had it tougher but because he's the only dude in the world not calling him out and selling pitty stories to do it. Hell Alexander deserved it more than guerrero. Guerrero is VERY overrated, I was pissed when he got the mayweather fight. But what's done is done, who knows if guerrero and matth stay relevant maybe they face each other later on.

ok...i'm a lucas matthysse fan, but i disagree that guerrero is overrated.

he had 1 split decision loss that he avenged easily by stoppage and one that was ruled a nc because salido, a former champion, tested positive. there is no shame in losing to floyd. he's also held world titles in 2 weight classes prior to moving up to challenge floyd.

we can argue about their resumes but guerrero has the upper hand with his 2 world titles. matthysse has won interim or national titles...but hasn't won a world title yet. as far as competition...i think they're about even. if they were to fight each other...i don't know that matthysse beats robert. both of matthysse's losses are respectable and could be argued as wins. i saw them both and had him losing by a very narrow margin on each. as for how matthysse fairs against floyd....he has a punchers chance but i feel that floyd will out box him much easier than judah and alexander.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jun 21 2013, 08:53 PM
Post #48

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 21 2013, 08:13 PM) *
ok...i'm a lucas matthysse fan, but i disagree that guerrero is overrated.

he had 1 split decision loss that he avenged easily by stoppage and one that was ruled a nc because salido, a former champion, tested positive. there is no shame in losing to floyd. he's also held world titles in 2 weight classes prior to moving up to challenge floyd.

we can argue about their resumes but guerrero has the upper hand with his 2 world titles. matthysse has won interim or national titles...but hasn't won a world title yet. as far as competition...i think they're about even. if they were to fight each other...i don't know that matthysse beats robert. both of matthysse's losses are respectable and could be argued as wins. i saw them both and had him losing by a very narrow margin on each. as for how matthysse fairs against floyd....he has a punchers chance but i feel that floyd will out box him much easier than judah and alexander.

Matthyse this.. Matthyse that... what I cannot get out of my mind is that he lost to the downside Zab Judah, and when people say he has a chance at Floyd I laugh my ass off... He would have problems with Shane Mosely...

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 21 2013, 09:11 PM
Post #49

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 21 2013, 06:59 PM) *

He ko'd some people big deal. He's on par nor slightly below Guerrero in terms of resume. He ain't the only one that's knocked every opponent they've faced down in the pros. He's just the latest. He lost to Zab and he arguably lost to Alexander. If Lamont would've stuck to the game plan and boxed this would be a non issue

I agree that Robert didn't deserve the fight, I really railed against it. But Lucas is not a ma Hine that some make him out to be, he's really just am argentine boxer with power. Good fighter not great, he may get derailed when. He faces Danny

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 21 2013, 11:11 PM
Post #50

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 21 2013, 10:11 PM) *
He ko'd some people big deal. He's on par nor slightly below Guerrero in terms of resume. He ain't the only one that's knocked every opponent they've faced down in the pros. He's just the latest. He lost to Zab and he arguably lost to Alexander. If Lamont would've stuck to the game plan and boxed this would be a non issue

I agree that Robert didn't deserve the fight, I really railed against it. But Lucas is not a ma Hine that some make him out to be, he's really just am argentine boxer with power. Good fighter not great, he may get derailed when. He faces Danny

Danny may get derailed to. No doubt Danny is solid to, but both will be each others biggest opponent. That's a great fight

But Robert was just a huge lightweight, there's absolutely nothing special about him. "One Arm" Aydin had him in some trouble and a blind berto busted him up as well. Hes gonna have trouble beating any real welters

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 08:55 AM