IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Andre Ward looking to sign with Top Rank, Good? Bad? smart?...
mrchitown
post Jun 22 2013, 03:25 PM
Post #51

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 21 2013, 11:11 PM) *
Danny may get derailed to. No doubt Danny is solid to, but both will be each others biggest opponent. That's a great fight

But Robert was just a huge lightweight, there's absolutely nothing special about him. "One Arm" Aydin had him in some trouble and a blind berto busted him up as well. Hes gonna have trouble beating any real welters

Danny may but he has more upside to him then Lucas does because he'd more versatile then Lucas. What's passing me off is Schafer keeps saying the fight is close to being finalized and he's been saying that for a little over a month now. That fight needs to get done because it has the potential to be a very good fight

It will be interesting to see how Guerrero fares at 147 after the Mayweather loss
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 22 2013, 04:22 PM
Post #52

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 22 2013, 04:25 PM) *
Danny may but he has more upside to him then Lucas does because he'd more versatile then Lucas. What's passing me off is Schafer keeps saying the fight is close to being finalized and he's been saying that for a little over a month now. That fight needs to get done because it has the potential to be a very good fight

It will be interesting to see how Guerrero fares at 147 after the Mayweather loss

I'm glad you noticed to, it seems like he is stalling. He's up to something.

But guerrero, confidence wise, seems fine. He called ortiz out right after

+Quote Post
emd01
post Jun 24 2013, 12:36 AM
Post #53

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

Arum is licking his chops at this chance, I bet. Finally, another fighter he can claim is the actual P4P king and not Floyd. I think Arum would promote Ward exceedingly well for a black fighter because of Wards status in the P4P rankings already. I also think he'd throw Chavez Jr to the wolves in a second because even Bob knows Jr isnt going to do much more in the sport. I think its a good move.

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Jun 24 2013, 04:49 AM
Post #54

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

Ward is in a very, very tough spot.

He doesn't have the behind-the-scenes support or the dedicated fan base of Floyd Mayweather to go out there and do his own thing. I think that tactically, he's trying to fill the void in HBO left by Floyd, or at least share it with Manny Pacquiao and Adrien Broner. With Pacman also in the twilight of his career, the HBO exposure is up for grabs.

We, the people in the know, understand realities. Bob Arum has liberally stolen from every single fighter he has ever been associated with. We can only hope that Ward has a team who will tightly track all of his finances and make sure that deals are not only fair, but that they are executed to a T. So even if his hands are tied and he needs to fight for Top Rank, he should take all necessary steps to protect himself.

You're the best fighter in the world, other than a guy who was born in Grand Rapids a long time ago. Make sure you get paid for having that status.

I hope you know what you're doing, SOG.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 24 2013, 10:01 PM
Post #55

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 22 2013, 04:22 PM) *
I'm glad you noticed to, it seems like he is stalling. He's up to something.

But guerrero, confidence wise, seems fine. He called ortiz out right after

Exactly, and I hope he's not trying to find a way to match either fighter with another fighter. This fight needs to happen

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 25 2013, 06:57 AM
Post #56

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

well he's a free man now

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 25 2013, 08:03 AM
Post #57

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

After reading yet another excellently written article from Fighthype about Ward, I really am starting to be confused by this dude. You want to purge yourself from Goosen because he's trying to treat you like a slave and have sole autonomy over your career. So you get out, and now you want to join Bob Arum? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 25 2013, 08:51 AM
Post #58

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 25 2013, 06:57 AM) *
well he's a free man now

Where'd you read he's a free man, all I saw was a hearing is coming up. As far as I'm concerned he ain't free until he gets rid of his questionable management too

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 25 2013, 08:53 AM
Post #59

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 25 2013, 08:03 AM) *
After reading yet another excellently written article from Fighthype about Ward, I really am starting to be confused by this dude. You want to purge yourself from Goosen because he's trying to treat you like a slave and have sole autonomy over your career. So you get out, and now you want to join Bob Arum? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Sounds ridiculous doesn't it lol

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 25 2013, 10:51 AM
Post #60

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 25 2013, 02:51 PM) *
Where'd you read he's a free man, all I saw was a hearing is coming up. As far as I'm concerned he ain't free until he gets rid of his questionable management too

Ah my bad I thought it said that it was terminated

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 06:38 AM