IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> this is interesting..., there definitely is a pattern.
daprofessor
post Jun 17 2013, 05:08 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

garcia fighters not making weight...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 17 2013, 05:19 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Maybe he isn't that great of a disciplinarian. Who knows...

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jun 17 2013, 05:34 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Just looks like he's a technique guy and possibly he's weak with nutrition and conditioning. I'm not mad at him, but since you noticed, I'm sure someone else has too and maybe pulled his coat tail a little. Perhaps his guys will start hiring a nutritionist.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 17 2013, 06:08 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jun 17 2013, 06:34 PM) *
Just looks like he's a technique guy and possibly he's weak with nutrition and conditioning. I'm not mad at him, but since you noticed, I'm sure someone else has too and maybe pulled his coat tail a little. Perhaps his guys will start hiring a nutritionist.

i believe rios hired a nutrionist for his last bout...and he's hired memo for s&c for the pac bout.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 17 2013, 07:24 PM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Garcia is an overrated trainer. I've been saying this for years. Mikey seems like the odd ball in that stable. Mild mannered. Far more technically sound than any of those other guys. Garcia's fighters all look like they take pride in being a "bad ass". They seem to take pride in being brawlers and "not giving a fuck" rather than developing some actual skill and dedicating themselves to their craft.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 17 2013, 07:30 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 17 2013, 07:24 PM) *
Garcia is an overrated trainer. I've been saying this for years. Mikey seems like the odd ball in that stable. Mild mannered. Far more technically sound than any of those other guys. Garcia's fighters all look like they take pride in being a "bad ass". They seem to take pride in being brawlers and "not giving a fuck" rather than developing some actual skill and dedicating themselves to their craft.

From what I hear, Robert only trains mikey now his dad trained him before that. His dad is part of his corner still I believe

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 17 2013, 09:10 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 17 2013, 08:24 PM) *

he definitely has a different style than what they typically teach. i think that has everything to do with the person he is. he had no intention on even going pro. he was a student in college and it wasn't until he realized he could hold his own in the gym with world rated fighters that his family convinced him to box professionally. his style is serving him well at this point. he hasn't really been put in a situation against an opponent where there was a puzzle to be solved. when that happens...i don't know that robert will have the answers based on what i've seen from his other fighters. they should steer clear of guys like donaire, rigondeaux or russell.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 18 2013, 12:13 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 17 2013, 09:10 PM) *
he definitely has a different style than what they typically teach. i think that has everything to do with the person he is. he had no intention on even going pro. he was a student in college and it wasn't until he realized he could hold his own in the gym with world rated fighters that his family convinced him to box professionally. his style is serving him well at this point. he hasn't really been put in a situation against an opponent where there was a puzzle to be solved. when that happens...i don't know that robert will have the answers based on what i've seen from his other fighters. they should steer clear of guys like donaire, rigondeaux or russell.

Heard he already finished the police academy. He seems like he has his head on straight

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 18 2013, 11:47 AM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

wouldnt you love to watch a sparring session between him and donaire lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 18 2013, 02:36 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 18 2013, 01:13 AM) *
Heard he already finished the police academy. He seems like he has his head on straight

i didn't know that. good shit. glad he chose to box instead of being a cop. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 07:38 PM