IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why do Fans says one fighter fears another?
Dolimite
post Jun 19 2013, 06:49 PM
Post #1

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Why do fans feel one fighter fears another fighter? This is the question that really makes me wonder. It irks the shit out of me when I hear fans say that one fighter fears another.... ESPECIALLY WITHOUT ANY PROOF! Statements like that, discredit the fighter. Fans have been saying since 09 that Floyd fears Pacquiao. Great if that is your opinion back it up with proof. If the only proof you have is he asked for Olympic drug testing then your logic is bullshit.

Now I will say that when Danny Garcia saw Lucas Matthysse destroy Peterson, he looked a little concerned, not fearful but concerned. Lucas got Danny's attention. But I would never say that Danny is scared of him. Another example is when Lenox Lewis was fighting Tyson, they all said that Lewis looked shook! Shit was so far from the truth. Someone explain this bullshit please!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jun 19 2013, 07:18 PM
Post #2

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 19 2013, 07:49 PM) *
Why do fans feel one fighter fears another fighter? This is the question that really makes me wonder. It irks the shit out of me when I hear fans say that one fighter fears another.... ESPECIALLY WITHOUT ANY PROOF! Statements like that, discredit the fighter. Fans have been saying since 09 that Floyd fears Pacquiao. Great if that is your opinion back it up with proof. If the only proof you have is he asked for Olympic drug testing then your logic is bullshit.

Now I will say that when Danny Garcia saw Lucas Matthysse destroy Peterson, he looked a little concerned, not fearful but concerned. Lucas got Danny's attention. But I would never say that Danny is scared of him. Another example is when Lenox Lewis was fighting Tyson, they all said that Lewis looked shook! Shit was so far from the truth. Someone explain this bullshit please!

Short answer: Most fans don't know the first thing, about the first thing. People who don't have to back up any words, do the most talking.

+Quote Post
iHateHaters
post Jun 19 2013, 10:14 PM
Post #3

Amateur

Member No.: 13,933

because they are that just fans i dont believe its any "elite" figter that has fear in their heart you could not be a fighter if that was the case its stupid when people say that a man fear another man gtfo.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 20 2013, 01:27 AM
Post #4

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Maybe because if they were put in that situation they'd be fearful. And sometimes fans say that stuff because they want to use that to validate their opinion of the other fighter besting the alleged scared fighter. I don't believe for a second that any fighter is fearful if another, in that line of work it doesn't bode well to be afraid

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 20 2013, 01:43 AM
Post #5

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Just read that Canelo's brother said Mayweather was scared at the photo op. This shit is ridiculous. But that kinda just proves my point, it's a reason he's saying that but it ain't because Floyd is scared of Canelo. He needs to validate his opinion on his brother winning by saying that

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 20 2013, 08:45 AM
Post #6

Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 19 2013, 11:43 PM) *
Just read that Canelo's brother said Mayweather was scared at the photo op. This shit is ridiculous. But that kinda just proves my point, it's a reason he's saying that but it ain't because Floyd is scared of Canelo. He needs to validate his opinion on his brother winning by saying that

That is why I started this thread reading comments from that photo shoot. I am reading these comments and I am thinking, how do you get that he is scared from a stare down or a photo shoot? Canelo's Brother needs to shut up. Canelo's camp has been doing a lot of talking before and after he fight was made. I think fans need to chill out on this whole fear factor. It is bullshit. When you put your life on the line every time you step in the ring, fear is not an option. Fans need to chill with that word.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 20 2013, 08:56 AM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Because they're F.A.N.S....Foolish Assholes in Need of Substance

DUH....

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 20 2013, 08:59 AM
Post #8

Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 20 2013, 06:56 AM) *
Because they're F.A.N.S....Foolish Assholes in Need of Substance

DUH....

Where the heck you been? Rehab should not be that long! Or is it your lady? You are disappointing me Cshels! Are you going to the May and Canelo press tour? Its at Atlantic station which means it will be all the Hispanics from Buford Highway and all the Blacks from well everywhere crowding that spot.

Yo Fans can be the worse. Absolute worse, I mean the shit that they say really pisses me off sometimes!

+Quote Post
CrazyBuffalO
post Jun 20 2013, 09:07 AM
Post #9

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,128

There's no fear, only strategy. And adults make decisions based on what is strategic for them/their career.
And sometimes that means avoiding certain things. But the avoidance of something is not fear at all. It's just that there's a better option out there, so that's what a strategist pursue.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 20 2013, 09:17 AM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

The thing that irks me the most is when fighters say other fighters they are actually about to face are scared. It's one thing to say a guy is scared and duckign you. It's another to accuse a guy who's about to get in a ring with you. It's just stupid. If he's scared, why is he fighting you? Pissed me off when Guerrero did it. "You can tell he's scared"? Really? Looked like he showed up to the press conference and told you that you're not on his level...the got in the ring and showed you why.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 05:24 PM