Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GAMBOA VS Terrance Crawford, can you make a better match at 135
MAHDI
post Jun 20 2013, 12:40 PM
Post #1

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,939

Some have said 135 is weak and that Crawford is wasting time there, but Gamboa is world class talent. Who wins the bout at 135. I would say Crawford cleans his clock...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 20 2013, 02:15 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 20 2013, 01:40 PM) *
Some have said 135 is weak and that Crawford is wasting time there, but Gamboa is world class talent. Who wins the bout at 135. I would say Crawford cleans his clock...

hard to say because i've only seen crawford against slower, come forward opponents. gamboa has world class speed and skill. both guys can be hit. it would be very interesting. both would be each others toughest opponent to date.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 20 2013, 02:33 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 20 2013, 01:40 PM) *

Gamboa is not that good at these bigger weights. And he has a questionable chin, he's awkward and looks pretty good against brawlers or slower fighters but I expect a good boxer to make him look terrible.

Have you seen boas last two fights? He looks like absolute shit...

This post has been edited by checkleft: Jun 20 2013, 02:35 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 20 2013, 02:40 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 20 2013, 03:33 PM) *
Gamboa is not that good at these bigger weights. And he has a questionable chin, he's awkward and looks pretty good against brawlers or slower fighters but I expect a good boxer to make him look terrible.

Have you seen boas last two fights? He looks like absolute shit...

i saw his fight against the filipino but missed that last one. he looked rusty against the filipino but still made adjustments and pulled it together for a pretty decisive victory despite the knockdown.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 22 2013, 04:45 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 20 2013, 03:40 PM) *
i saw his fight against the filipino but missed that last one. he looked rusty against the filipino but still made adjustments and pulled it together for a pretty decisive victory despite the knockdown.

He survived but he was getting slammed. He's just not that big and the layoff may have hurt him more than we think. He's no spring chicken

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jun 22 2013, 08:26 PM
Post #6

Super Bantamweight

Yeah, he looked like he just had a few drinks the way he fought in his last bout. I saw nothing that says he is ready to make any real noise. I was suggesting Crawford whip his ass because he seems to be the only real name in the division. If Crawford waxed him it may get him some attention?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 23 2013, 09:35 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 22 2013, 09:26 PM) *
Yeah, he looked like he just had a few drinks the way he fought in his last bout. I saw nothing that says he is ready to make any real noise. I was suggesting Crawford whip his ass because he seems to be the only real name in the division. If Crawford waxed him it may get him some attention?

Eh. There's a reason he was gonna get fed to Rios. The guy probably couldn't sell free seats to his fights lol, it would he a good name on his resume I guess but at this point gamboa looks like hes bloated and he's up in age with no fan base. The guy needs to do something drastic to turn it around, maybe go after vasquez or burns or try to lose some weight and.go after someone at 130

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jun 23 2013, 10:04 PM
Post #8

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 23 2013, 10:35 PM) *
Eh. There's a reason he was gonna get fed to Rios. The guy probably couldn't sell free seats to his fights lol, it would he a good name on his resume I guess but at this point gamboa looks like hes bloated and he's up in age with no fan base. The guy needs to do something drastic to turn it around, maybe go after vasquez or burns or try to lose some weight and.go after someone at 130

Well from what I read, Broner has hinted of going down to 140 and even 135, but you earlier stating the fight would never take place sticks in my head...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 24 2013, 05:26 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I'm almost willing to bet that Gamboa speaks better English than Crawford, after his recent interview on that Lopez/Garcia card a couple of weeks ago.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jun 24 2013, 09:15 PM
Post #10

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 24 2013, 06:26 PM) *
I'm almost willing to bet that Gamboa speaks better English than Crawford, after his recent interview on that Lopez/Garcia card a couple of weeks ago.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 10:08 AM