IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT) Broner vs. Malinaggi-SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams (Topics Merged)
daprofessor
post Jun 21 2013, 07:40 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

Special Admin Note: We didn't put an official preview thread because the main event at 12-1 favoring Broner seemed to be a mismatch and few think Paulie can win. But there are some good assessments of the fights below, so we have merged them with this topic. Thanks to all who created a preview discussion for these fights. DaProfessor opens with the post below. Good stuff to consider. I am going to post my thoughts too in a later thread.

Jack

Administrator

ok...i know the logical pick here is broner, but here are some things to consider...

when rees gave broner a little movement/defense...broner had trouble finding him and actually got caught with more than a few shots. malignaggi is not easy to hit. he can counter. he has decent foot and hand speed. broner is not really an aggressive fighter. he's not going to pressure paulie or overwhelm him the way cotto, hatton or khan were able to. this fight is going to be a cat and mouse/tit for tat fight unless broner is able to land some real significant shots. we don't know that his punch will be effective at 147. this fight is going the distance and some of the luster is going to be gone from broner. paulie may be the weakest link at 147...but i don't think broner has the style to dominate him. i also don't know that broner brings the crowd to barclay. malignaggi didn't have the crowd when he fought cano and he lives in brooklyn. it should be interesting. i'd like to see paulie pull off the upset but the decision is going to broner.

bika/periban

i don't know much about periban. there are no recognizable names on his ledger. from the little footage i did see of him...there is nothing impressive. he doesn't appear to be a big puncher. he's not exceptionally skilled. i'm thinking bika takes the kid to deep waters and drowns him. bika by ko.

mitchell/banks

i don't know that mitchell could learn the things he needs to win on this short notice. banks has been around long enough to show mitchell things he hasn't seen yet. if banks falls asleep at the wheel mitchell does have the power to get him out of there...but i think he is going to fight cautious and create some good opportunities for himself to win. neither guy takes shots well but i'm looking for banks to weather the storm early and stop mitchell late.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
25 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
Dolimite
post Jun 21 2013, 10:08 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 21 2013, 05:40 PM) *
ok...i know the logical pick here is broner, but here are some things to consider...

when rees gave broner a little movement/defense...broner had trouble finding him and actually got caught with more than a few shots. malignaggi is not easy to hit. he can counter. he has decent foot and hand speed. broner is not really an aggressive fighter. he's not going to pressure paulie or overwhelm him the way cotto, hatton or khan were able to. this fight is going to be a cat and mouse/tit for tat fight unless broner is able to land some real significant shots. we don't know that his punch will be effective at 147. this fight is going the distance and some of the luster is going to be gone from broner. paulie may be the weakest link at 147...but i don't think broner has the style to dominate him. i also don't know that broner brings the crowd to barclay. malignaggi didn't have the crowd when he fought cano and he lives in brooklyn. it should be interesting. i'd like to see paulie pull off the upset but the decision is going to broner.

bika/periban

i don't know much about periban. there are no recognizable names on his ledger. from the little footage i did see of him...there is nothing impressive. he doesn't appear to be a big puncher. he's not exceptionally skilled. i'm thinking bika takes the kid to deep waters and drowns him. bika by ko.

mitchell/banks

i don't know that mitchell could learn the things he needs to win on this short notice. banks has been around long enough to show mitchell things he hasn't seen yet. if banks falls asleep at the wheel mitchell does have the power to get him out of there...but i think he is going to fight cautious and create some good opportunities for himself to win. neither guy takes shots well but i'm looking for banks to weather the storm early and stop mitchell late.

Great post. But honestly, I am not hyped about this fight at all. All the shit talked killed it for me. I may just catch the replay

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Jun 21 2013, 11:51 PM
Post #3

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 21 2013, 08:40 PM) *

bika/periban

mitchell/banks

Id have to disagree with you. Broner is NOT a logical pick for all the facts you stated. Malinaggi is a great fighter. he may be the weakest 147 pounder but that doesnt change the fact that hes a good boxer. The only thing missing from his arsenal is power. And im sure Malinaggi's power at 147 is nothing compared to the power that Broner's experienced in most of his low quality opponents from 135 and below. We dont really know what Adrien Broner has to offer yet. I give him credit for DeMarco. But other than that any fighter can look stellar against low caliber opposition. Also moving up two weight classes..This fight is really a toss up. NOBODY is getting KO'ed. This will end in a decision. Im leaning towards Broner. But I think Malinaggi is just as capable of winning.

Bika will get his hand raised. He has to much experience. He's been in there with the best and Periban's credentials for a guy fighting for a vacant WBC title shows that Al Haymon is working. At least Bika is finally getting that strap though. Ward is still king. That is all.

Two things bother me about Mitchell-Banks:
1. I dont even know why people consider Banks KO of Mitchell an "upset".
2. I dont know why Seth Mitchell is getting a rematch.
Jonathan banks is and has been a KRONK fighter since CHILDHOOD. Jonathan Banks trained Klitchko when Steward wouldnt be able too and in fact he trains Klitchko now now as Steward rests peacefully in his grave. Seth Mitchell is a football player turned boxer that started in his twenties. I dont think theres much more to be said. I dont even know why that fight was mentioned. Mitchells boxing IQ doesnt compare to Jonathan Bank's. Id love to see banks fight the winner of Scott-Chisora (im riding with Scott). NOW THATS a quality fight.

This post has been edited by Marcus: Jun 21 2013, 11:57 PM

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jun 22 2013, 02:59 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Marcus @ Jun 22 2013, 12:51 AM) *
Id have to disagree with you. Broner is NOT a logical pick for all the facts you stated. Malinaggi is a great fighter. he may be the weakest 147 pounder but that doesnt change the fact that hes a good boxer. The only thing missing from his arsenal is power. And im sure Malinaggi's power at 147 is nothing compared to the power that Broner's experienced in most of his low quality opponents from 135 and below. We dont really know what Adrien Broner has to offer yet. I give him credit for DeMarco. But other than that any fighter can look stellar against low caliber opposition. Also moving up two weight classes..This fight is really a toss up. NOBODY is getting KO'ed. This will end in a decision. Im leaning towards Broner. But I think Malinaggi is just as capable of winning.

I can actually see Paulie doing what it takes to win the fight, but Mayweather Jr Jr getting the win at the end of the day. I expect a split decision in a close fight.

Bika will get his hand raised. He has to much experience. He's been in there with the best and Periban's credentials for a guy fighting for a vacant WBC title shows that Al Haymon is working. At least Bika is finally getting that strap though. Ward is still king. That is all.

Bika has improved his boxing ability since the Ward fight. i expect big things from him in the next year. This should be a walk in the park for Bika.

Two things bother me about Mitchell-Banks:
1. I dont even know why people consider Banks KO of Mitchell an "upset".
2. I dont know why Seth Mitchell is getting a rematch.
Jonathan banks is and has been a KRONK fighter since CHILDHOOD. Jonathan Banks trained Klitchko when Steward wouldnt be able too and in fact he trains Klitchko now now as Steward rests peacefully in his grave. Seth Mitchell is a football player turned boxer that started in his twenties. I dont think theres much more to be said. I dont even know why that fight was mentioned. Mitchells boxing IQ doesnt compare to Jonathan Bank's. Id love to see banks fight the winner of Scott-Chisora (im riding with Scott). NOW THATS a quality fight.

Well, said. i'd like to add that I'd like the winner get a go at David Haye. I like Banks and should add that he is the 3rd Klitschko brother because he could become the 3rd best guy at heavy and the Klits wont fight him because of their bond with him. Great post...

+Quote Post
Genius
post Jun 22 2013, 03:30 AM
Post #5

Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,359

Broner is gonna give Paulie a beatdown, this one won't be close.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jun 22 2013, 07:59 AM
Post #6

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

I dunno, I think Broner wins this and easier than people think. I'm not necessarily sold on a late stoppage, but I'm not ruling it out. While Broner talks a bunch of stuff about how he's a "star" and whatnot, I believe he'll be superior to whatever Paulie puts out there. If Adrien has lost his "luster" on the heels of that Reese fight, what has Paulie done to "restore" his? I mean, w/ all his boxing ability (don't get me wrong, dude has skills), he's best known for not being "stopped" (backhanded compliment, if you ask me) and getting jobbed in Texas against Juan Diaz. I'm not saying dude is a stiff, far from that. I'm just saying, I believe in order to downplay Broner, Paulie's "aura" is a being lil' inflated and his "glow" is growing by the day. LOL. I'm reading some message boards on other sites and dude's "glow" is like Sho'nuff's from The Last Dragon right about now. Who knows, Paulie may win, crazier things have happened. However, I'm seriously doubting this. Broner by Wide dec. (I'm talking Fat Albert and Webster on a see saw: Lopsided as hell).

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jun 22 2013, 02:45 PM
Post #7

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

There are three fights on the card.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jun 22 2013, 02:59 PM
Post #8

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

MY PICKS:

Malinaggi-Boner it seems a mismatched, though 12-1 might be a little extreme. Paulie is difficult to hit and his elusiveness might give Broner some small issues. But Malinaggi can't crack scrambled eggs. Broner is just too strong and powerful. Agree that the best Paul gets is an 8-4 116-112 loss, and I think at least one card will have that.

Banks-Mitchell II: No chins, big punchers, fireworks! Don't get something to eat or drink when this one starts-or if you do-pause your DVR! hahaha I have Banks by KO in 6. Mitchell too fundamentally flawed and may not respond well to the KO loss

Bika-Peribon:
The Bika fight shouldn't be as it is Ward's title. Bika by decision, but fucking politics here.

Jack

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jun 22 2013, 03:45 PM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

Broner/Malignaggi:
I'm gonna play it safe and have Broner winning by a 12 round UD.

Banks/Mitchell:
A fight I've been anticipating. I got Mitchell by TKO in 6.

I have shitty seats this time out but fuck it, we in the building lol

+Quote Post
Plah
post Jun 22 2013, 05:10 PM
Post #10

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

Broner wide UD
Bika early stoppage
Banks KO 6

+Quote Post

25 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 03:05 PM