IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT) Broner vs. Malinaggi-SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams (Topics Merged)
Dolimite
post Jun 25 2013, 10:00 AM
Post #231

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 24 2013, 10:53 PM) *
Broner's defense will need some improvement if he's going to campaign at welter or even at junior welter, if Paulie had just a little bit more pop on his punches we would be talking differently about this fight. I wasn't really impressed with Broner this fight, though I think he won but I was actually more impressed in what Malignaggi did

I totally agree with you Chi. Broner talked the entire fucking match! I am like dude, fight. Instead of trying to look cute and flashy just fight. All those acrobatic moves, I am like dude you are not Gabby Douglas. Just fight. He displayed very little skill in technique. Again, he relied heavily on his talent. This kid is going to get smoked if he keeps fucking around. Like I said before, he has the talent, but the discipline and dedication to the sport, I do not see.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 25 2013, 11:01 AM
Post #232

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 25 2013, 10:00 AM) *
I totally agree with you Chi. Broner talked the entire fucking match! I am like dude, fight. Instead of trying to look cute and flashy just fight. All those acrobatic moves, I am like dude you are not Gabby Douglas. Just fight. He displayed very little skill in technique. Again, he relied heavily on his talent. This kid is going to get smoked if he keeps fucking around. Like I said before, he has the talent, but the discipline and dedication to the sport, I do not see.

The key to longevity for Broner will be better footwork and drastic improvement on defense. He has a top notch trainer in Stafford and I'm sure he'll do his best to improve Adrien every time out hut its up to Adrien to make the commitment to those changes and improvements. He gets hit too much, when he goes up against someone with power or a boxer puncher like Danny Garcia, he may struggle and quite possibly lose. I'd like to see him fight maidana because that's a fight he could lose and if he won that would do wonders for him

As for all that talking, he needs to slow it down. One knock I really have against him is that he over does it. Nothing wrong with trash talk nothing wrong with saying something every now and then in there to mess with your opponent a little bit but he was doing it the entire night. Stop telling him he can't hit you when I clearly saw him hitting you

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 25 2013, 01:00 PM
Post #233

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 25 2013, 01:00 AM) *
I agree. Plus Floyd doesn't fight like how he did in gatti fight anymore

I could see him doing a few things different from broner that could possibly hurt/stun/ or drop paulie. Working behind a high guard and also using his reach (which broner didn't have).

Man I wish Floyd would put on one of those Gatti performances again, I'd be the first to call him on his BS, and insist on year round testing for him. Oh wait...he's the highest paid fighter, so no way in hell anyway could demand for him to do year round testing. Sucks...

Broner seemed to think waaaay too highly of himself, going into the Paulie fight, and it showed in his performance. He landed some good shots, but some his offense and flashiness was blunted by an experienced fighter that he promised to knock out. For the odds to be that high, Broner disappointed in that sense.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 25 2013, 01:23 PM
Post #234

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 25 2013, 11:00 AM) *
Man I wish Floyd would put on one of those Gatti performances again, I'd be the first to call him on his BS, and insist on year round testing for him. Oh wait...he's the highest paid fighter, so no way in hell anyway could demand for him to do year round testing. Sucks...

Broner seemed to think waaaay too highly of himself, going into the Paulie fight, and it showed in his performance. He landed some good shots, but some his offense and flashiness was blunted by an experienced fighter that he promised to knock out. For the odds to be that high, Broner disappointed in that sense.

Broner won this fight but he actually lost in a sense. His "Big Brother" even said he should of performed better. Ouch. He is so damn immature. Its not even funny or entertaining.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 25 2013, 07:26 PM
Post #235

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 24 2013, 10:27 PM) *
I actually had it 8-4 and even after 4.

ok. i'll have to watch it again. i usually do.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 25 2013, 07:28 PM
Post #236

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 25 2013, 12:35 AM) *
LOL! I had a very controversial draw in the Mayweather-Castillo II fight. No way a shut out for Floyd. I was very pro-Castillo as I thought the first fight was a robbery and that Castillo won. The second fight, neither did anything all that great. Judges scores and press-row scores ranged from 115-113 for Floyd to 117-111 for Floyd. No shutout cards. A true shut-out Mayweather fight was Mayweather-N'dou or Mayweather-Soso, or with the exception of round 2, Mayweather-Mosley. Mayweather-Castillo II does not fit that pattern.

For some odd reason, Harold and I had almost identical cards for Mayweather-Castillo II. He had it 115-113 for Floyd, and I had it 114-114 giving the 4th round to Castillo. Harold gave it to Floyd. The rematch was very boring compared to the first fight.

I agree with everything else Professor said.

Jack

maybe my memory if failing me. i seem to recall it being fairly easy without much from castillo. i actually thought castillo beat him in a close one the first time.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 25 2013, 07:29 PM
Post #237

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 25 2013, 02:51 AM) *
Shutup Professor.....Band Camp!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

now u reppin them midgets!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 25 2013, 07:31 PM
Post #238

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 25 2013, 02:53 AM) *
Broner's defense will need some improvement if he's going to campaign at welter or even at junior welter, if Paulie had just a little bit more pop on his punches we would be talking differently about this fight. I wasn't really impressed with Broner this fight, though I think he won but I was actually more impressed in what Malignaggi did

well....he brought the audience....showtime said 1.2 mil viewers. i guess ppl did have fight parties for this one. he needs to pick the right opponent next time to keep this going. one false move and he's done.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 25 2013, 07:34 PM
Post #239

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 25 2013, 02:23 PM) *
Broner won this fight but he actually lost in a sense. His "Big Brother" even said he should of performed better. Ouch. He is so damn immature. Its not even funny or entertaining.

like a little kid that says something funny and gets a laugh out of the adults...but no, that's not enough. he wants more laughter so he struggles to find the next laugh. it's annoying to say the least.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 25 2013, 09:10 PM
Post #240

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 25 2013, 07:29 PM) *
now u reppin them midgets!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 03:11 PM