IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who do you think Adrien Broner should fight next?, What fight makes sense for a bout at the end of the year?
Who do you think Adrien Broner should fight next?
What fight makes sense? [edited]
Marcos Maidana [ 9 ] ** [36.00%]
Zab Judah [ 3 ] ** [12.00%]
Danny Garcia [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Josesito Lopez [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Amir Khan [ 3 ] ** [12.00%]
Lucas Matthysse [ 6 ] ** [24.00%]
Andre Berto [ 1 ] ** [4.00%]
Lamont Peterson [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Yuriorkis Gamboa [ 1 ] ** [4.00%]
Victor Ortiz [ 2 ] ** [8.00%]
Total Votes: 25
Guests cannot vote 
Dolimite
post Jun 23 2013, 08:40 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 23 2013, 02:31 PM) *
Vargas and I think mayfield are both TR so I doubt those get made. I say he fights the winner of Garcia vs Lucas if that fight even gets made. I heard rumors that Garcia might fight zab again smh.

Outside those two a khan fight would be interesting. Maidana would be good, guerrero, ortiz, josesito there's plenty of solid opponents at 147

Why would Danny fight Zab again and not Lucas? Makes no sense. I would rather see Broner and Thurman. I would be curious to see how he handles punchers power. To see if Broner's chin can hold up.

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Jun 23 2013, 08:41 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 23 2013, 09:30 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 23 2013, 09:40 PM) *
Why would Danny fight Zab again and not Lucas? Makes no sense. I would rather see Broner and Thurman. I would be curious to see how he handles punchers power. To see if Broner's chin can hold up.

Because as Thurman would say it "he's ducking thssson". That's just the rumor I heard, even tho he beat zab comfortably.

I don't think anybody is gonna make broner look like he did against paulie. Give the guy some credit! Paulie is a slick guy! There's a reason he wasn't hurt very bad, he never really got hit totally clean and all the movement didn't let broner set his feet. Paulie can make anyol boxer look average, he struggles more with brawlers

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Jun 23 2013, 10:23 PM
Post #13

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

Khan fight would be entertaining as fuck imo.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 23 2013, 11:04 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 23 2013, 07:30 PM) *
Because as Thurman would say it "he's ducking thssson". That's just the rumor I heard, even tho he beat zab comfortably.

I don't think anybody is gonna make broner look like he did against paulie. Give the guy some credit! Paulie is a slick guy! There's a reason he wasn't hurt very bad, he never really got hit totally clean and all the movement didn't let broner set his feet. Paulie can make anyol boxer look average, he struggles more with brawlers

Adrien was flate footed and kept talking throughout the entire fight and being flashy. If he fought instead of bullshitting then people wouldn't be having criticism of his performance. Paulie is a hell of a fighter but the way Broner was built up you think he would of Hattoned him

+Quote Post
emd01
post Jun 24 2013, 12:18 AM
Post #15

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

Robert Guerrero because they have unfinished business.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Jun 24 2013, 10:53 AM
Post #16

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

I would like to see Khan-Broner, but highly doubt that happens next with the Khan-Alexander fight being negotiated for December. People are saying Maidana will probably get the fight. Broner beats Maidana easier than he beat Paulie.

This post has been edited by xxxxxx: Jun 24 2013, 10:53 AM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 24 2013, 11:32 AM
Post #17

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I want him to fight Guerrero or Alexander but if I had to chose someone off this list, I'd pick Zab Judah. I want to see this kid fight a boxer. I think some brawler with no tactics is tailor made for him. I want to see how he fairs against someone with tactical aggression. While Guerrero failed to show that against Floyd, I think that was mainly because of Floyd's skills sapping the confidence out of him in the early rounds. I think Guerrero came in there beaming with confidence and within 3 rounds realized "oh shit...he wasn't lying...it really is different when you get in the ring with him." I don't think he'll have that same respect for Broner because he'll be able to hit him a little easier.

+Quote Post
mrwigi
post Jun 24 2013, 12:49 PM
Post #18

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 7,421

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 23 2013, 09:40 PM) *

I was thinking the same thing. Im not sure about next because Thurman has a fight coming up in about a month. But I'd like to see them both have three or four more fights, and if they both remain undefeated, let them face each other. I honestly, think Keith would cause problems for The Problem because of his punching power. Broner is there to get hit, and hasnt really faced anyone with good punching power. Honestly, a match up against anyone with decent punching power would be interesting. I'd like to see if Broner can take a punch from a true 147lber with hard hands and still stand.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 24 2013, 04:56 PM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I'd bet my money that it would be Zab, or push come to shove, Maidana. Zab a good outing against Danny, and he did have a hard time making weight, so Im sure he wouldn't mind coming in around 144 for another payday.

I said "if push comes to shove" in regards to Maidana, because Marcos is on a streak right now. If Broner fought and beat Maidana, then he'd be locked in the WW division...something I'm sure they really dont wanna do at the moment.

Some of these dudes are big WW, and the fact that he couldn't hurt Paulie, would suggest that he needs to stay away from the bigger WW's until he's truly committed to fighting at WW.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 24 2013, 05:17 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

kid should drop as far as he goes and only move up when his body requires him to. I would seriously have no issue if he dropped at 135 again and worked his way up, no need to rush it. Jus needs to never ever ever ever ever ever ever speak again.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 03:20 AM