IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who do you think Adrien Broner should fight next?, What fight makes sense for a bout at the end of the year?
Who do you think Adrien Broner should fight next?
What fight makes sense? [edited]
Marcos Maidana [ 9 ] ** [36.00%]
Zab Judah [ 3 ] ** [12.00%]
Danny Garcia [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Josesito Lopez [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Amir Khan [ 3 ] ** [12.00%]
Lucas Matthysse [ 6 ] ** [24.00%]
Andre Berto [ 1 ] ** [4.00%]
Lamont Peterson [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Yuriorkis Gamboa [ 1 ] ** [4.00%]
Victor Ortiz [ 2 ] ** [8.00%]
Total Votes: 25
Guests cannot vote 
MAHDI
post Jun 26 2013, 06:24 PM
Post #51

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,939

Lol...chitiown i hear you man damned. I got your point and stand to be corrected but damned bro admit broner is a jigaboo... I
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 26 2013, 06:37 PM
Post #52

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 26 2013, 07:24 PM) *
Lol...chitiown i hear you man damned. I got your point and stand to be corrected but damned bro admit broner is a jigaboo... I

hey!!! whoa!!! watch it there uncle ruckus! u can't be talking about my ppl like that! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

seriously though... i get the disdain for broner, but he's a kid who doesn't know any better. he's corny. let's not forget that he's from cincinatti. he'll realize one day.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jun 26 2013, 06:45 PM
Post #53

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 26 2013, 07:37 PM) *
hey!!! whoa!!! watch it there uncle ruckus! u can't be talking about my ppl like that! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

seriously though... i get the disdain for broner, but he's a kid who doesn't know any better. he's corny. let's not forget that he's from cincinatti. he'll realize one day.

I understand your point...he is young. Needs some mentoring. Great talent he should read some of the books Ali was reading and his wit would have civilized substance...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 26 2013, 06:51 PM
Post #54

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 26 2013, 06:45 PM) *
I understand your point...he is young. Needs some mentoring. Great talent he should read some of the books Ali was reading and his wit would have civilized substance...

he ain't the only one that could benefit.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 26 2013, 06:57 PM
Post #55

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 26 2013, 06:24 PM) *

And I understand your point as well but as black men we got to come together because these are the things that others call us and it's not even warranted. We get some much bs on a daily that we can't be referring to each other in that manner.

But I get what your saying and Broner should man the fuck up and not even let it get to the point where people say those things about him. I think every member or damn near every member of this board wants to see Broner humble himself. And trust me, the cycle of life will get him if he doesn't humble himself. He better hope it doesn't come inside those ropes because that could be a painful lesson for him

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 26 2013, 07:34 PM
Post #56

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 26 2013, 07:24 PM) *

Woe

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jun 26 2013, 07:48 PM
Post #57

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 26 2013, 08:34 PM) *
Woe

Duly noted. Peace

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 27 2013, 10:20 AM
Post #58

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif)

Dammit man...c'mon now. Madhi, I'm not sure what your problem is, but you've gone from cynical to "racist" (using air quotes because that word gets thrown around too much) as of late. I know that we bash fighters, make fun of them in witty ways, etc., but c'mon man...you're going down a hill with no brake pads.

The only reason that I haven't booted you out of here, is because I (yes, "I" as in in Cshel) used to word "coon" in the Broner thread this past Saturday, my apologies to everyone. Since then, I've seen an influx of racial slurs over the past few days, again, my apologies for making anyone think that it's okay.

At the moment, I felt that as a black man who was tired of seeing clown-like behavior from Broner, that it was okay to use that term...bad move. Truthfully, nobody around TRULY knows anyone's race, nationality, etc., regardless of what we may post about our origin, so let's just refrain from anything that "appears" to be racial.

Let's (read: ALL of us, including me), slow down on the cursing too. I mean, shit (I just cursed, lol), we ALL do it, and truthfully, I dont have a huge problem with it. In the back of my head though, I remember being a cat that would read other boards as a guest, so I dont want us to intimidate potentially new posters. Again, I'm not saying not to curse (because I do, and still will), but let's just be a bit more mindful. I know for a fact that I can be the worst, especially in those round by round threads when I hit the sauce on Saturday nights. Lol

Again, we're a solid group, and I have NO complaints about anybody here...hence why I dont mind a lot of the stuff that you all post around here. I just dont wanna see "nigga, nigger, jigaboo, coon, spear-chucker (sorry, but that one makes me laugh for some crazy reason), or any of that anymore. Besides, some are yall are just mean as hell anyway, and have several confidence-killing phrases in your arsenal!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jun 27 2013, 11:51 AM
Post #59

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 27 2013, 11:20 AM) *

Dammit man...c'mon now. Madhi, I'm not sure what your problem is, but you've gone from cynical to "racist" (using air quotes because that word gets thrown around too much) as of late. I know that we bash fighters, make fun of them in witty ways, etc., but c'mon man...you're going down a hill with no brake pads.

The only reason that I haven't booted you out of here, is because I (yes, "I" as in in Cshel) used to word "coon" in the Broner thread this past Saturday, ...

LMAO... I just spit up Bourbon laughing reading the above--- Thanks for not banning me and admitting your use of the word.. Your post is well taken... You know at times in this society of race and racism we get desensitized -I sincerely saw no harm in the word and this experience has enlightened me---

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 27 2013, 12:52 PM
Post #60

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 27 2013, 07:20 AM) *

The only reason that I haven't booted you out of here, is because I (yes, "I" as in in Cshel) used to word "coon" in the Broner thread this past Saturday, my apologies to everyone. Since then, I've seen an influx of racial slurs over the past few days, again, my apologies for making anyone think that it's okay.

At the moment, I felt that as a black man who was tired of seeing clown-like behavior from Broner, that it was okay to use that term...bad move. Truthfully, nobody around TRULY knows anyone's race, nationality, etc., regardless of what we may post about our origin, so let's just refrain from anything that "appears" to be racial.

Let's (read: ALL of us, including me), slow down on the cursing too. I mean, shit (I just cursed, lol), we ALL do it, and truthfully, I dont have a huge problem with it. In the back of my head though, I remember being a cat that would read other boards as a guest, so I dont want us to intimidate potentially new posters. Again, I'm not saying not to curse (because I do, and still will), but let's just be a bit more mindful. I know for a fact that I can be the worst, especially in those round by round threads when I hit the sauce on Saturday nights. Lol

Again, we're a solid group, and I have NO complaints about anybody here...hence why I dont mind a lot of the stuff that you all post around here. I just dont wanna see "nigga, nigger, jigaboo, coon, spear-chucker (sorry, but that one makes me laugh for some crazy reason), or any of that anymore. Besides, some are yall are just mean as hell anyway, and have several confidence-killing phrases in your arsenal!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You forgot Porch monkey, now that one makes me cry laughing. I have been called a spook before which I had no idea what it meant until I told my professor about it (I was Cherokee county when this happen). He was highly pissed. I have called Broner a Step and Fetchit type dude and I have called him a coon, but that is how he act. I will take the pledge and only refer to Broner as Mr. Stereotype, that way we all know what that means. I salute Cshels on your continued work on racial equality!!!! Al Sharpton would be proud of you.

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 27 2013, 08:51 AM) *
LMAO... I just spit up Bourbon laughing reading the above--- Thanks for not banning me and admitting your use of the word.. Your post is well taken... You know at times in this society of race and racism we get desensitized -I sincerely saw no harm in the word and this experience has enlightened me---

Paula Dean, is that you?

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 04:24 AM