Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Free at Last Free at Last James Kirkland is free at last
Dolimite
post Jun 25 2013, 01:42 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Kirkland got his contract with GB voided. I guess it is good news. I wonder who will he sign with. The first thing he needs to do is get Al Haymon to manage him, this way he can still fight the 154 fighters that Golden Boy has. Second, he needs to get a legit trainer. I do respect with Anne Wolfe (I think that is the only woman Chi is afraid of), but he needs a trainer. I am thinking someone that can really work on his defense and punches, why not Jeff Mayweather? Or even Virgil Hunter? I am glad Kirkland is getting his career in order, I always liked James.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 25 2013, 01:54 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Let's not get too excited here...he just got arrested last week for domestic violence against his girlfriend....so the shit show isn't quite over.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 25 2013, 02:11 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 25 2013, 02:54 PM) *
Let's not get too excited here...he just got arrested last week for domestic violence against his girlfriend....so the shit show isn't quite over.

Yea I'm pretty sure hes on parole. And plus now he is on the outside looking in, almost everyone is under gbp.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 25 2013, 07:10 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

if he signs with haymon...all will be good. he's not going to find another trainer like anne wolfe to get him right though. this dude needs someone to push him in the gym...or at least so it seems to me. he is pretty much what he is at this point.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 25 2013, 07:21 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

seems like another wasted talent.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 26 2013, 02:10 AM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 25 2013, 07:10 PM) *
if he signs with haymon...all will be good. he's not going to find another trainer like anne wolfe to get him right though. this dude needs someone to push him in the gym...or at least so it seems to me. he is pretty much what he is at this point.

Explain to me why Haymon would deal with this guy. I love Kirkland and all, and let's not act like when he fights he isn't must see tv but the guy is a fuckin criminal. Sometimes you can't help people. Now GB may have did some things wrong in terms of his contract but these the same people who went to bat for him in a MAJOR way when he messed up the first time. He has no loyalty and I personally wouldn't want to deal with him

He has excuses every time he's lost, what was it the last time, they made him drink out of a black bottle. The likelyhood of him signing to Haymon isn't good, I'd be shocked if Haymon picked him up. The guy is what he is as you pointed out but he doesn't have the mindframe outside the ring to stay outta trouble. I hope he gets his career back on track but if I was approached with the option to sign him, I'd say fuck him

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 26 2013, 02:13 AM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 25 2013, 01:42 PM) *
Kirkland got his contract with GB voided. I guess it is good news. I wonder who will he sign with. The first thing he needs to do is get Al Haymon to manage him, this way he can still fight the 154 fighters that Golden Boy has. Second, he needs to get a legit trainer. I do respect with Anne Wolfe (I think that is the only woman Chi is afraid of), but he needs a trainer. I am thinking someone that can really work on his defense and punches, why not Jeff Mayweather? Or even Virgil Hunter? I am glad Kirkland is getting his career in order, I always liked James.

I must be tired because I read your post 3x's and I'm just now catching this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ....but nah, I aint going head up with that cyborg, no got damn way. I need some back up

Interesting that you brought up Hunter has a possibility, Kirkland needs discipline more then anything and Virgil would provide that. I want to see Kirkland get back on track but he's one disloyal SOB. What ever happens I hope it works out for him because he is an exciting fighter and I'd like to see him stay out of trouble

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jun 26 2013, 02:13 AM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 26 2013, 08:46 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 25 2013, 08:10 PM) *

Even if haymon signed him (which I doubt because the guy is a liability) I doubt gbp would do any business involving kirkland. The guy was getting schooled by molina anyway... Why did I when mention that just thinking about that fight pissed me off

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 26 2013, 09:21 AM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 25 2013, 11:10 PM) *
Explain to me why Haymon would deal with this guy. I love Kirkland and all, and let's not act like when he fights he isn't must see tv but the guy is a fuckin criminal. Sometimes you can't help people. Now GB may have did some things wrong in terms of his contract but these the same people who went to bat for him in a MAJOR way when he messed up the first time. He has no loyalty and I personally wouldn't want to deal with him

He has excuses every time he's lost, what was it the last time, they made him drink out of a black bottle. The likelyhood of him signing to Haymon isn't good, I'd be shocked if Haymon picked him up. The guy is what he is as you pointed out but he doesn't have the mindframe outside the ring to stay outta trouble. I hope he gets his career back on track but if I was approached with the option to sign him, I'd say fuck him

He needs structure. I am sorry about the domestic violence case that he has. I think James can get his mind right he will be okay. I think his prison stint screwed with his head. he just needs therapy and to get back in the ring where he shines in, Haymon could help him. I mean if Haymon has Broner (who is a rape case waiting to happen) then he can provide the help that Kirkland needs. Plus, I thought you Chicago cats love a hood dude, there you go.

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 26 2013, 05:46 AM) *
Even if haymon signed him (which I doubt because the guy is a liability) I doubt gbp would do any business involving kirkland. The guy was getting schooled by molina anyway... Why did I when mention that just thinking about that fight pissed me off

If Haymon can handle Broner, he can handle Kirkland. He would just have to cuff Kirkland.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Jun 26 2013, 09:22 AM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

Hopefully Kirkland get get his act together quickly and get a fight scheduled before the end of the year. He's a very exciting fighter with his power and suspect chin.

This post has been edited by xxxxxx: Jun 26 2013, 09:22 AM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 02:03 AM