Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Free at Last Free at Last James Kirkland is free at last
Cshel86
post Jun 26 2013, 10:16 AM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Forget about him...he's done. As you guys have mentioned, dude's a liability and has no loyalty. GBP wasn't all that innocent either, that's if anybody remembers them trying to feed him to Angulo, but the shit backfired. Not only did it backfire, but Gary Shaw got a good chuckle out of it, because Angulo left him on bad terms, to strive for the fool's gold that GBP offered.

With that in mind, lack of loyalty, usually leads to dead end roads. Angulo AND Kirkland have and will feel the wrath of disloyalty. As far as Im concerned, all of Kirkland's flaws have been exposed in the ring, and he's too damn stupid to function in society. honestly, I believe that he may be a bit...slow (mentally challenged).

I have a full understanding that people make mistakes, but at this point, he just shoots from the hip with nonsense. He's a grown freakin' man, so all of the talk about him needing guidance and discipline, needs to end. After spending two years in prison, then being able to return to your way of life is blessing...about 90% of society doesn't have that luxury. What does he do? He finds another way to ruin it.

The same way that I lack sympathy for these currently broke fighters who've made more money than I'll ever make and lived the life that most dream of, is the same lack of sympathy that I feel for jail birds who are allowed back into society and able to resume their profession (which pays a substantial amount of money).

If anybody decides to sign him, I can bet my last buck that they'll feed him with a 50-foot wooden spoon...they may decide to have him on a 1-year contract until he can prove that he truly doesn't have tumbleweed bouncing in his head, and that he CAN make logical decisions in and out of the ring.

I hate to sound judgmental, but this dude has to get it together soon.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 26 2013, 12:20 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 26 2013, 09:21 AM) *
He needs structure. I am sorry about the domestic violence case that he has. I think James can get his mind right he will be okay. I think his prison stint screwed with his head. he just needs therapy and to get back in the ring where he shines in, Haymon could help him. I mean if Haymon has Broner (who is a rape case waiting to happen) then he can provide the help that Kirkland needs. Plus, I thought you Chicago cats love a hood dude, there you go.

If Haymon can handle Broner, he can handle Kirkland. He would just have to cuff Kirkland.

Stop it with the Broner hate, he maybe an asshole outside the ring but he has more talent in his thumb then Kirkland had completely. And if Adrien gets in serious trouble Luke how Kirkland seems to find himself in then I'll look at him differently. I know you hate him but don't let your hate for him cloud your rationality. James can't stay out of trouble. He does seem to be a head case. The same way you down Broner is the way people down Floyd, but one thing he and Adrien have that Kirkland doesn't have is loyalty

He has zero loyalty and that will be his undoing in addition to his prison like mentality. There was already the tell tale signs of this when he got ko'd by Ishida and blamed it on Shields. but when shields was interviewed he said James doesn't like discipline. And sure as shit he ran right back to the place where he had his troubles in life. He's a airhead it seems. Even Wolfe had to keep a tight leash on him and that's really saying something

I love a good comeback story and he would be one of the best ones but he has to put it all together in the ring, outside the ring, and mentally and he doesn't seem capable of doing that. Loyalty is everything, in business and in life and James has none, plus the risk outweighs the reward. I think it's over. He may fight but it won't do him any good from here on out

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 26 2013, 01:58 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 26 2013, 03:10 AM) *
Explain to me why Haymon would deal with this guy. I love Kirkland and all, and let's not act like when he fights he isn't must see tv but the guy is a fuckin criminal. Sometimes you can't help people. Now GB may have did some things wrong in terms of his contract but these the same people who went to bat for him in a MAJOR way when he messed up the first time. He has no loyalty and I personally wouldn't want to deal with him

He has excuses every time he's lost, what was it the last time, they made him drink out of a black bottle. The likelyhood of him signing to Haymon isn't good, I'd be shocked if Haymon picked him up. The guy is what he is as you pointed out but he doesn't have the mindframe outside the ring to stay outta trouble. I hope he gets his career back on track but if I was approached with the option to sign him, I'd say fuck him

fighters can be some questionable people. they aren't like everyone else. this is a dude who if it weren't for boxing he would be in jail, period. sure...what gbp and oscar did for him was great...but let's not get it twisted, they profit off of him. he took short money to fight angulo in what was a very risky situation and he won. give the man what you promised. just because he foiled the plan, don't treat him like shit. it's a two way street. i think he has some legit concerns and unfortunately boxing isn't the cleanest of sports and everyone is suspect. his ppl trying to force him to fight the fight of his life with a bad shoulder is short sighted. they weren't looking out for his best interest...they just wanted the quick pay day. imo, he lives to fight another day and will get more pay days. tomorrows pay days aren't promised. he has to look out for himself in this all.

i'd say haymon would deal with him for the simple fact that he's got a lot left and he's very marketable. he's a player in the 154 division. he's a threat to anyone.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 26 2013, 02:01 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 26 2013, 09:46 AM) *
Even if haymon signed him (which I doubt because the guy is a liability) I doubt gbp would do any business involving kirkland. The guy was getting schooled by molina anyway... Why did I when mention that just thinking about that fight pissed me off

gbp is following haymons lead. they'll do business. it's like arum doing business with 50 and gamboa. they ain't turning away money. i thought he was getting schooled by molina as well. i thought the stoppage was bullshit. he had a bad shoulder going into that fight. boxing is hard enough without injuries...but he should have never been in the ring for that fight imo.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 26 2013, 02:35 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 26 2013, 10:20 AM) *
Stop it with the Broner hate, he maybe an asshole outside the ring but he has more talent in his thumb then Kirkland had completely. And if Adrien gets in serious trouble Luke how Kirkland seems to find himself in then I'll look at him differently. I know you hate him but don't let your hate for him cloud your rationality. James can't stay out of trouble. He does seem to be a head case. The same way you down Broner is the way people down Floyd, but one thing he and Adrien have that Kirkland doesn't have is loyalty

He has zero loyalty and that will be his undoing in addition to his prison like mentality. There was already the tell tale signs of this when he got ko'd by Ishida and blamed it on Shields. but when shields was interviewed he said James doesn't like discipline. And sure as shit he ran right back to the place where he had his troubles in life. He's a airhead it seems. Even Wolfe had to keep a tight leash on him and that's really saying something

I love a good comeback story and he would be one of the best ones but he has to put it all together in the ring, outside the ring, and mentally and he doesn't seem capable of doing that. Loyalty is everything, in business and in life and James has none, plus the risk outweighs the reward. I think it's over. He may fight but it won't do him any good from here on out

I don't hate Broner, I hate his bullshit antics, his bullshit antics that will get him in serious trouble. After Saturday's fuck shit that he pulled in the ring, Broner lost my respect. Kirkland I feel bad for. I hope dude gets his shit together.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 26 2013, 04:35 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 26 2013, 01:58 PM) *
fighters can be some questionable people. they aren't like everyone else. this is a dude who if it weren't for boxing he would be in jail, period. sure...what gbp and oscar did for him was great...but let's not get it twisted, they profit off of him. he took short money to fight angulo in what was a very risky situation and he won. give the man what you promised. just because he foiled the plan, don't treat him like shit. it's a two way street. i think he has some legit concerns and unfortunately boxing isn't the cleanest of sports and everyone is suspect. his ppl trying to force him to fight the fight of his life with a bad shoulder is short sighted. they weren't looking out for his best interest...they just wanted the quick pay day. imo, he lives to fight another day and will get more pay days. tomorrows pay days aren't promised. he has to look out for himself in this all.

i'd say haymon would deal with him for the simple fact that he's got a lot left and he's very marketable. he's a player in the 154 division. he's a threat to anyone.

I'm sorry but I have no sympathy for disloyal people. Whether he boxed or not that's a character issue. Good fighter with shitty principles. He will have more paydays, this much is true but I'm sure from a business standpoint they will look at him very differently

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 26 2013, 04:40 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 26 2013, 02:35 PM) *
I don't hate Broner, I hate his bullshit antics, his bullshit antics that will get him in serious trouble. After Saturday's fuck shit that he pulled in the ring, Broner lost my respect. Kirkland I feel bad for. I hope dude gets his shit together.

Yeah you do, he ain't the first person who pulled fuck boy antics. And we all know of people who do fuck shit, we just look at Broner differently. But that's rightfully so, be needs a lesson in being humble. I don't feel bad for a disloyal cat. My morals and principles don't allow for it. I grew up being taught that honesty, respect, loyalty, etc is a foundation. He doesn't seem to have that. I want to see him succeed but I could care less if he is a player in the sport anymore

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 26 2013, 04:43 PM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 26 2013, 10:21 AM) *
He needs structure. I am sorry about the domestic violence case that he has. I think James can get his mind right he will be okay. I think his prison stint screwed with his head. he just needs therapy and to get back in the ring where he shines in, Haymon could help him. I mean if Haymon has Broner (who is a rape case waiting to happen) then he can provide the help that Kirkland needs. Plus, I thought you Chicago cats love a hood dude, there you go.

If Haymon can handle Broner, he can handle Kirkland. He would just have to cuff Kirkland.

Broner isn't a repeat criminal. Same deal as this hernandez BS the patriots had to deal with, why keep a guy who's probably gonna be in and out of jail anyway. There's no point, the guy isn't gonna learn his lesson.

Mayweather LOOKS as if he has

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 26 2013, 05:00 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 26 2013, 05:35 PM) *
I'm sorry but I have no sympathy for disloyal people. Whether he boxed or not that's a character issue. Good fighter with shitty principles. He will have more paydays, this much is true but I'm sure from a business standpoint they will look at him very differently

so was golden boy disloyal for saying the winner of kirkland/angulo gets canelo...only to match canelo against someone else?

were they loyal for paying him less than what he should have been paid for that fight?

were they loyal for offering him peanuts on short notice to fight canelo and trying to force the fight when they knew he had a bad shoulder?

don't bite the hand that feeds you but if that hand is smacking the shit out of you turn the other cheek? loyalty works both ways imo.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 26 2013, 05:19 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 26 2013, 02:00 PM) *
so was golden boy disloyal for saying the winner of kirkland/angulo gets canelo...only to match canelo against someone else?

were they loyal for paying him less than what he should have been paid for that fight?

were they loyal for offering him peanuts on short notice to fight canelo and trying to force the fight when they knew he had a bad shoulder?

don't bite the hand that feeds you but if that hand is smacking the shit out of you turn the other cheek? loyalty works both ways imo.

I can I get an Amen

I do not hate Broner Chi, I hate his antics and his fuck shit is off the charts. His sportmanship is terrible. I just think if he does not get his shit together he could be another tragedy.

Aaron Hernandez is officially off my fantasy team. Such a waste. Checkleft, that had to be the dumbest thing someone could of done. I have no idea what the dude did to get murked, but surely it wasn't worth it. Sad.

James Kirkland still has a shot...a very small one but still he has a chance.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 10:24 PM