> Free at Last Free at Last James Kirkland is free at last
mrchitown
post Jun 27 2013, 02:47 PM
Post #31

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 27 2013, 02:24 PM) *
Cshels so who you pick? Chi or Wolfe? My money all of it is on Wolfe.

You sick in the head, I don't care who your money's on because I'd make short work of you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Ann was one helluva fighter but ain't no way I'm he'll that cyborg would clip me. I wish she and Laila would've fought. I think Wolfe would've lost that fight
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 27 2013, 02:53 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 26 2013, 09:42 PM) *
Loyalty does work both ways but your logic seems off. If someone is disloyal to you the you cut them off. I'm not going to be disloyal to someone even though they are to me. You just keep it moving. That's little 4th grade shit, this person did this so I'm gonna do that. I'd never compromise my morals just because someone shows a lack of them.

What did he do to deserve more cash to fight Canelo, it's obvious they've been trying to cash out on him Since he got ko'd by that kid who couldn't break wind. But he had an excuse for that too as we all heard. He never had a problem with anything until he lost or shit didn't go his way. GB did some stupid stuff and they will continue to do so, I think they gon try to cash out on a few of their fighters soon like Khan.

But it's something to be said when someone is down to allegedly get screwed over cuz they winning but win they lose they throw hissy fits and blame others. The way he puts the losses off on Others reminds me of Chad Dawson. He needs to take some accountability for what he does, now look at him. He may have one something in this case bug let's see how that criminal case goes.

how so?

him suing golden boy? how else is he going to get out of his contract with them? it's already been proven that what they did was wrong. he's trying to get what's owed to him. how is that being disloyal? i agree...keep it moving is a good way to go, but in this situation, where there are contracts and promises were made with those contracts, he has to hold them accountable. he's doing it the professional way.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 27 2013, 02:55 PM
Post #33

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 26 2013, 09:49 PM) *
Broner is a better fighter then Kirkland therefore he will get afforded more opportunities then Kirkland. Outside the ring they both leave something to be desired. I. Sorry but you and professor keep spewing this bullshit when this cat supposedly beat on a female. People were all over it when Floyd supposedly did it. He ain't worth the risk. He a career criminal. A damn nine time felon who can't get his shit together. I see what you and professor are saying but the fact that they helped this man before in his legal troubles trumps all that they didn't mistreat him until he did the shit. They are technically just as petty as he is. I'm glad he won the case and I think GB should've let him go. I can't wait to see how it plays out and where he ends up. But karma is a mutha and he will feel it

i never judged kirkland or floyd for their charges. i think we have discussed situations like that here. the whole story never gets told.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 27 2013, 03:09 PM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 27 2013, 09:34 AM) *
They could've just not picked him up at all, to be honest. They extended to olive branch to felon with loose screws in his head. I'm not saying that all felons don't deserve a chance, but Kirkland has the mind frame of a 15 year old. Imagine if GBP would've just dropped him suddenly...do you think he'd be acting a fool about not making those "peanuts" that they offered him, or would he simply suck it up and move on?

Let's not act like he got out of prison and just went straight to the gym and locked himself in. Dude was out in Vegas living it up, partying, etc., something that he should've put on pause until he got back in the swing of things. Seriously though, guys like Kirkland should not be allowed to think on his own...because bad things usually follow.

I hate to make him sound like an animal, but probation is always good for guys like him, just to keep him honest and at least give him the urge to think before he does things. I doubt if he was offered peanuts, because most felons aren't even promised that much, when they're released into society.

Though it appears that GBP was doing him a bad number, he still has to face the fact that he was under contract. I hate when fighters start pissing and moaning about what they're promoters are/aren't doing, and so on...but didn't THEY sign the contract to be promoted? We can talk about him getting shafted and offered peanuts, but he DID sign the contract, so to a degree, he knew what he was up against.

I had strong idea of what I was up against, when I signed off on that loan for my house. I knew that I had to maintain employment, in order to make my payments. Now, are my payments EXACTLY what I think they are? Nope...the principal, escrow, and interest rates, breaks it all down...and in reality, I'm not really making the "full" payments that I think I'm making on a monthly basis. With that in mind, I may not like it, and i do need a roof over my head, so I know to not do stupid stuff on the job and lose my income...and in turn, I lose my house, and everything else, if I dont bounce back in time.

The same goes for fighters when they sign these contracts. I know that most of them are wet behind the ears, they come from nothing, and they want it all, but know what you signed up for. Not only does he have a problem with staying active, he has/had problems with his contract/promoters, and he's too loose upstairs to function in society. He may have won the court case, but he still needs to mental capacity to function in society.

you're talking like most fighters are educated and actually read their contracts. these contracts are not as simple as one would think. they are vague and carefully worded to allow loop holes and unless you're a lawyer or someone who makes their living dealing with contracts, it's easy to be duped. hell...even ppl who sign mortgage contracts get duped. didn't we just go through a housing crisis where a shit load of ppl across the country loss their houses? the thing with most fighters is that these guys are typically from the streets with very little education. i disagree that he should lay down when they don't keep their promises verbal or otherwise. him asking for what they promised is holding them accountable. he showed up to fight and got in that ring. each time he puts his life on the line. he should be paid properly. there are no do overs in this. if he feels he can do better else where...so be it. i agree, he seems like the type that needs a short leash. i can tell you some stories about some of the guys that i dealt with in the past that never made it to kirklands level but definitely had the potential. some of the best guys i've come across are self sabotaging. you really have to protect them from themselves. truth is...even on some of the teams i was a part of in situations like that, where u would think relationships are tight and ppl are looking out for their best interests, blah,blah,blah...there is always someone looking to get over at the expense of the fighter. it's really sad and cut throat. i can't blame kirkland for looking out for himself.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 27 2013, 05:01 PM
Post #35

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 27 2013, 03:47 PM) *
You sick in the head, I don't care who your money's on because I'd make short work of you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Ann was one helluva fighter but ain't no way I'm he'll that cyborg would clip me. I wish she and Laila would've fought. I think Wolfe would've lost that fight

There's no shame in getting your ass beat by Ann lol that's a big girl.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 27 2013, 07:45 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 27 2013, 02:55 PM) *
i never judged kirkland or floyd for their charges. i think we have discussed situations like that here. the whole story never gets told.

Neither did most of us but it doesn't change the fact that he is a career criminal. He needs to get his head screwed on right but it seems like he set in his ways. All signs don't point to a hero like ending for the guy

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 27 2013, 07:46 PM
Post #37

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 27 2013, 05:01 PM) *
There's no shame in getting your ass beat by Ann lol that's a big girl.

I agree but I'm not worried about getting front paged by Ann Wolfe lol

If there were ever a crossing of the world's I'd like to see Ann and Rhonda Rousey fight

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jun 27 2013, 07:47 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 27 2013, 08:02 PM
Post #38

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 27 2013, 07:45 PM) *
Neither did most of us but it doesn't change the fact that he is a career criminal. He needs to get his head screwed on right but it seems like he set in his ways. All signs don't point to a hero like ending for the guy

anything is possible. i pray for the dude.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 27 2013, 08:25 PM
Post #39

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 27 2013, 02:53 PM) *
how so?

him suing golden boy? how else is he going to get out of his contract with them? it's already been proven that what they did was wrong. he's trying to get what's owed to him. how is that being disloyal? i agree...keep it moving is a good way to go, but in this situation, where there are contracts and promises were made with those contracts, he has to hold them accountable. he's doing it the professional way.

He's doing it the professional way now because he ain't been getting no money since he hasn't been fighting. He wasn't keeping it professional when he blasted Ann Wolfe after he got out of jail or when he did it again when he supposedly got duped into drinking out of a black bottle. When things don't go his way he shows what he's made of. He seems like a typical street punk, stand up to him and he crumbles. He better be lucky they pulled that bs in the fight with Molina because he was getting starched. GB should just pay him and cut ties with him, what's the point of keeping him there and neither one of you really want to be there. But he needs son much work done to him mentally and physically that I don't know what becomes of him now. I love a good comeback story but the way he acts the odds ain't in his favor

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 28 2013, 09:54 AM
Post #40

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 27 2013, 06:25 PM) *
He's doing it the professional way now because he ain't been getting no money since he hasn't been fighting. He wasn't keeping it professional when he blasted Ann Wolfe after he got out of jail or when he did it again when he supposedly got duped into drinking out of a black bottle. When things don't go his way he shows what he's made of. He seems like a typical street punk, stand up to him and he crumbles. He better be lucky they pulled that bs in the fight with Molina because he was getting starched. GB should just pay him and cut ties with him, what's the point of keeping him there and neither one of you really want to be there. But he needs son much work done to him mentally and physically that I don't know what becomes of him now. I love a good comeback story but the way he acts the odds ain't in his favor

I agree. I don't know what happen between he and Ann or his girlfriend. I never condone hitting a woman, ever. But there are two sides to that coin. Someone mentioned Floyd's case: No pictures, no evidence, just heresay for the most part. Plus if he was such a danger to his kids then they would not have been with him for the Cotto fight. I have no idea what is up with James, even if he doesn't fight again I hope the brother finds peace within himself.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 04:41 PM