IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Many forums reporting Garcia vs Zab almost done, Danny wants 5 million and usada testing for lucas
Cshel86
post Jun 27 2013, 08:49 AM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Since when did Matthysse become the end all be all? He has the same problem as most "invincible" fighters...he looks too good in fights. As soon as he shows some flaws, they'll probably take the fight. Showing flaws against one fighter, doesn't always equate to being vulnerable to the next guy.

Matthysse STILL wont bring Danny the money that he's looking for. Not only that, but stardom has a lot to do with it. Right now, Danny is the unified champ, and they're doing their best to make this guy a star. I have no problem with them building him up, besides, we do need more stars in the sport, so WE (hardcore fans) wont clamor and demand "big" fights, that the general public has no idea about.

I hate to say this, but it's true...the general public has more say-so than us hardcore fans. Casual fans bring in these big numbers (translation: money) to the sport. A lot of us here, will bark about refusing to pay for a PPV (depending on the fight), but if the general public is interested and buys into it, then that's a victory for the sport (translation: more money and exposure).

I'm not big on letting fights marinate, but let's be real here...who has more star power potential...Garcia or Matthysse? Imagine if this "big fight" between them happens, and Danny loses...does that always equate to Matthysse being the next star in boxing. Think of it this way...promoters would much rather have another star in boxing, than to please us hardcore fans. As we all know, you cant please everyone.

So this time and money that they're putting into Danny, will surely go to waste if Matthysse beats him. Who in the world knows who Matthysse is? Hell, people hardly know who Garcia is, but they're building him up to be known by the general public....that's why he's fighting the likes of Morales and Judah (possibly again).

Anyone remember when Shane beat Oscar? What happened afterwards? Did he become this huge star just because he beat an established star in the sport? Nope. Instead, he went on take the hard fights that "fans" (fantasy fight lovers) wanted to see...and we all know what happened there. He missed out on a huge payday against Trinidad, JUST to lose to Wright, which he didn't have to fight at the time.

So trying to prove to the people that you're the "best, isn't always good for your pockets...hence why he's whoring for big paydays, and getting whooped up for small paydays. Imagine if he'd taken that fight with Trinidad for what I believe was a nice $10M, which took place after the Oscar rematch. He surely wouldn't be taking the route that he's taking nowadays.

Anyhow, the same goes for Danny. I believe he should take as many semi-easy paydays as possible...wouldn't you? They tried to feed him to Khan, in all hopes that he'd lose, and we saw what happened there. At this point, I believe that guys just wanna see Danny lose, but they mask it as, "the best should fight the best". To me, Matthysse is just a flash in the pan, not to take everything away from him, but guys like him, end up becoming an opponent after a while.

So Danny asking for $5M isn't...well, it does seem that he's pricing himself out a bit. I believe that he's asking for that much, because he could be making around 2M (or more) to fight old fading fighters who will build his name up. Let's be honest, right now, which fight would sell more tickets...a Judah rematch in Brooklyn, or a Matthysse fight in Vegas or California? My money is on the initial...the old legend who gave Danny problems late, plus the build-up was genuinely heated and damn near epic (in a sense).

I wouldn't be so quick to throw the "D" word (duck) around. We could easily be watching Danny fight either older legends, or sub par opponents for millions of dollars. As for the testing, shiiiit...get him tested. You know it goes in boxing...if a guy looks too good, then "something must be up". Trust me, when a fighter suddenly looks good, or an old legend seems to have gotten his step back...I ALWAYS wait for the post-fight drug tests, before I get excited.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jun 27 2013, 12:00 PM
Post #12

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,939

[quote name='Cshel86' date='Jun 27 2013, 09:49 AM' post='584526']
Since when did Matthysse become the end all be all? He has the same problem as most "invincible" fighters...he looks too good in fights. As soon as he shows some flaws, they'll probably take the fight. Showing flaws against one fighter, doesn't always equate to being vulnerable to the next guy...

Anyone remember when Shane beat Oscar? What happened afterwards? Did he become this huge star just because he beat an established star in the sport? Nope. Instead, he went on take the hard fights that "fans" (fantasy fight lovers) wanted to see...and we all know what happened there. He missed out on a huge payday against Trinidad, JUST to lose to Wright, which he didn't have to fight at the time.

So trying to prove to the people that you're the "best, isn't always good for your pockets...hence why he's whoring for big paydays, and getting whooped up for small paydays. Imagine if he'd taken that fight with Trinidad for what I believe was a nice $10M, which took place after the Oscar rematch. He surely wouldn't be taking the route that he's taking nowadays.
[quote name='Cshel86' date='Jun 27 2013, 09:49 AM' post='584526']

Who in the hell was managing Shane? Himself, father... Garcia taking on Zab again is a risk yet it will resonate more with the public than a Matthyse bout in beating up Zab in a competitive scrap. Kind of a win - win for Garcia unless Zab surprises him and KOs him.. and even if Zab wins by KO or puts it on Garcia a third match would make money. Taking on Zab again could back fire-

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Jun 27 2013, 12:02 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 27 2013, 12:42 PM
Post #13

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 27 2013, 05:49 AM) *
Since when did Matthysse become the end all be all? He has the same problem as most "invincible" fighters...he looks too good in fights. As soon as he shows some flaws, they'll probably take the fight. Showing flaws against one fighter, doesn't always equate to being vulnerable to the next guy.

Matthysse STILL wont bring Danny the money that he's looking for. Not only that, but stardom has a lot to do with it. Right now, Danny is the unified champ, and they're doing their best to make this guy a star. I have no problem with them building him up, besides, we do need more stars in the sport, so WE (hardcore fans) wont clamor and demand "big" fights, that the general public has no idea about.

I hate to say this, but it's true...the general public has more say-so than us hardcore fans. Casual fans bring in these big numbers (translation: money) to the sport. A lot of us here, will bark about refusing to pay for a PPV (depending on the fight), but if the general public is interested and buys into it, then that's a victory for the sport (translation: more money and exposure).

I'm not big on letting fights marinate, but let's be real here...who has more star power potential...Garcia or Matthysse? Imagine if this "big fight" between them happens, and Danny loses...does that always equate to Matthysse being the next star in boxing. Think of it this way...promoters would much rather have another star in boxing, than to please us hardcore fans. As we all know, you cant please everyone.

So this time and money that they're putting into Danny, will surely go to waste if Matthysse beats him. Who in the world knows who Matthysse is? Hell, people hardly know who Garcia is, but they're building him up to be known by the general public....that's why he's fighting the likes of Morales and Judah (possibly again).

Anyhow, the same goes for Danny. I believe he should take as many semi-easy paydays as possible...wouldn't you? They tried to feed him to Khan, in all hopes that he'd lose, and we saw what happened there. At this point, I believe that guys just wanna see Danny lose, but they mask it as, "the best should fight the best". To me, Matthysse is just a flash in the pan, not to take everything away from him, but guys like him, end up becoming an opponent after a while.

So Danny asking for $5M isn't...well, it does seem that he's pricing himself out a bit. I believe that he's asking for that much, because he could be making around 2M (or more) to fight old fading fighters who will build his name up. Let's be honest, right now, which fight would sell more tickets...a Judah rematch in Brooklyn, or a Matthysse fight in Vegas or California? My money is on the initial...the old legend who gave Danny problems late, plus the build-up was genuinely heated and damn near epic (in a sense).

I wouldn't be so quick to throw the "D" word (duck) around. We could easily be watching Danny fight either older legends, or sub par opponents for millions of dollars. As for the testing, shiiiit...get him tested. You know it goes in boxing...if a guy looks too good, then "something must be up". Trust me, when a fighter suddenly looks good, or an old legend seems to have gotten his step back...I ALWAYS wait for the post-fight drug tests, before I get excited.

Matthysse is a one hit wonder! One shot is all it takes. He is an exciting fighter... Kinda like Pacquiao. People love nasty ass knockouts and Lucas provides that. Now is he a great technician? Not really, but he has solid hands. People love that. Danny wants to have a long career and do I blame him for wanting to put old legends on hid resume? No, but it makes his look suspect. 140 is an explosive division, he can't keep fighting old warriors, eventually Danny boy will have to get inside the ring a live wire. beating Matthysee could better his chances in the Mayweather lotto. Danny is really hurting himself and his record. People can go back and nip pick and say he has only fought older guys. Here is a chance for him to step into the lime light of boxing and stop the Machine. It is his career, however, fighting Zab is not an easy rematch, hardly. Zab has tasted his power and survived, Swift better be careful. Hell maybe this can be an undercard for The One... I really hate that title

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 27 2013, 02:07 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 27 2013, 09:49 AM) *

Since when is danny the end all be all as well? The guy is acting like he runs this shit. A lot of his fights are becoming suspect, taking these BS rematches and padding his record is exactly what is wrong with boxing, fuck his "star power" his marketability and that shit. Matthysse has done good numbers on showtime and people love watching him no matter who thinks he's just a brawler. And he has done more than enlighten to get a shot at this kid that thinks he's number one but keeps taking old ass fighters instead of showing people he is the real deal. If the testing is the only reason for this fight not being made then yes its on Lucas but rumor is this cat is pricing himself out, motherfucker sounds like Andre berto 2.0 now! No way does this kid deserve that much money for any fight right now

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 27 2013, 02:10 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 27 2013, 08:49 AM) *

very good points and an honest look at the whole situation. it appears to me that they are trying to tap into the puerto rican fan base which has no star at the moment. danny has the potential to be that. make no mistake about it, matthysse is legit and he is a serious threat. danny asking for 5mil is accurate for a difficult task like that imo. what they should do is throw garcia and matthysse on the undercard (in separate bouts) of floyd/canelo to get them the proper exposure they need. this fight will be huge if they play their cards right. i see no need in rematching zab though. he won that fight convincingly and it's a dangerous rematch that i don't believe zab deserves.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 27 2013, 02:12 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 26 2013, 08:01 PM) *
I know that Chi and Professor hate the term duck, but this is what Garcia is doing. If Zab taxes Danny ass in the second fight then his stock is going down. 5 million? Are you fucking serious? Garcia is showing his true colors. Matthysse is in this kid's head. I guess whenever Danny sees a threat he will run and fight the guys he has already beating. Damn shame.

i think danny is playing his cards right. u have to know that the final decision is not his alone. al haymon and his pops are the final decision makers.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 27 2013, 02:14 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Jun 26 2013, 08:25 PM) *
I don't think it's a duck i hear that lucas is not agreeing to random blood and urine thats why the fight isn't happening. Anyways i would pick danny to win , another thing hey both are haymon fighters so that means haymon takes a L with whoever loses it's common sense i'm not suprised

do u have a source for this? did they test for peterson/matthysse?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 27 2013, 02:18 PM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 27 2013, 03:14 PM) *
do u have a source for this? did they test for peterson/matthysse?

Just the regular testing, which is usually a joke.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 27 2013, 02:20 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 26 2013, 08:31 PM) *
Haymon wins more if both don't fight each other and keep winning.

Did he ask for random testing his last fight? I think he did do testing but I don't remember if it was random. But you don't think the 5 million (if its true) is the Garcia camps way of pricing themselves out?

i don't. that's knowing your worth imo. they are #1 and #2 at 140...but matthysse should have the ibf title. jmm has the wbo. danny is taking the biggest risk here. he'll be giving up the ring, wbc and wba titles if he loses. he needs to be rewarded for that risk.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 27 2013, 02:22 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Junior80 @ Jun 26 2013, 08:51 PM) *
The look in Danny's face at the conclusion of the Peterson fight said it all.....I got the feeling right there and then that he didn't want to fight Matthysse

he and a whole bunch of other ppl got it wrong. they all thought matthysse would lose. he had a look like, shit just got real. i didn't see the fear that everyone is talking about.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 09:26 PM