IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Many forums reporting Garcia vs Zab almost done, Danny wants 5 million and usada testing for lucas
Dolimite
post Jul 3 2013, 03:35 PM
Post #101

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 3 2013, 09:17 AM) *
Nobody's upset, I just had a retard poster who nothing but a gnat on my ass, in the middle of things. Seriously, this had nothing to do with you, but instead, you stuck your nose where it didn't belong, and now you're trying to take the high road.

Just because everyone THOUGHT the winner of Matthysse/Peterson would fight Danny, doesn't mean it was true. Show me that in black and white, please. Once again, you were getting ahead of yourself, and thinking that the winner whoever is supposed to fight whoever...novice move on your part.

That's why promoters never give us what we want, because retards like you get on the internet and demand more than what's being given. Some of yall are pressing for these "big fights", like you have some type of financial muscle to make them happen, or the connections to talk to the right people.

Just because Danny preferred Peterson to win, doesn't necessarily mean that the fight would've already been signed, had Lamont pulled it off. To think about it though, a rising Philly fighter against a D.C. fighter...hmm...that could've taken place all over the east coast...whether A.C., D.C. or the Barclays. That's actually a decent money making fight...too bad you didn't think of it in that context, but hey, you wouldn't be Dolimite if you did. Lol

Riddle me this...who ISN'T a B-level fighter at 140 right now? You're talking about a kid's menu and an adult menu, but again, who is steak and shrimp in the 140 lb division. There's nothing but chicken tenders and fries at 140...some even buffalo & bbq chicken tenders, but chicken tenders nonetheless. Name a lobster tail fighter at 140.

How could you even be mad at the idea of Danny entertaining the thought of a Mayweather fight? Has it even occurred to you that he's barely making 140 nowadays. My SOURCE can tell me that...and that's something that you don't even have. Boxing scene headlines don't count either. So you'd be mad at the dude for bypassing Matthysse (which probably wont bring him THAT much money), to fight the guy that you drool over, for what could be his highest payday?

I mean shit, you act like Danny would be changing promotional companies for a big fight (ala Bradley vs Khan never happening). Matthysse will be there...yall act like boxing is gonna die, if this "big fight" doesn't happen. Chances, are you'll still watch Danny fight, REGARDLESS of what you spew in this thread. The biggest fight in boxing never happened, and not many lost sleep over it, so chill.

Riddle me this, what if Matthysse says, "Fuck Danny, I want Floyd". Would he be considered a ducker? Oh that's right, you just wanna see Danny lose, so of course Matthysse wouldn't be considered a ducker. What was I even thinking for asking that question, and expecting a logical answer? Glad I answered my own question...people tend to need the special power when asking you questions. Lol

Show me where Lucas is #1 at 140...pleeeeease show me. Please. He's number one in your mind, but last time I checked, you're #1 in your division if you're the lineal champ...or if you're racking 20, 30 and 40 million dollars per fight.

You wouldn't wanna see Broner/Garcia?! Pffff...I believe you're posting this stuff, as a sign of retreat. You cant seriously be on drugs this hard bro. If you're jumping to a division and bringing in tv rating, then who can argue with that? Waiiiitt....here's another one...what if Floyd jumped to 160 and called out whoever he wanted? Yep, dont even answer because I know the answer...it would be the best thing since sliced bread.

You dont mind a fighter building their name?! Didn't you piss and moan about how it didn't matter, in one of your recent posts? Pick a side and stay on it man. Man you are soooo dumb bro, really. How else is anybody supposed to know who these young "promising" prospects are, if they dont test themselves against older legends, gate keepers, etc? Smh

Last year, Im almost sure nobody really knew who Canelo was, until he fought Mosley. This is how a casual fan thinks..."Oh man, I'm about to order that Money Mayweather vs Cotto fight. It's another fight...this red head dude is fighting Shane". Get it, "this red head dude is fighting Shane". They dont even know Canelo's name, but they know that he's fighting Mosley...get it? They'll be watching it.

I brought up the Super Bowl comment because it's HUGE way to market a boxing match. Riddle me this, if there aren't any new stars to advertise, then what's the fuckin' point of even using it as a marketing tool? Floyd wont be around forever...just in case you didn't know that.

At this point, it's better for you to just cut your losses and move on...this wasn't your debate to begin with, and you're doing a horrible job staying afloat. You remind me of a Down's Syndrome kid who steps past courtside and interrupts the game. In his mind, he's having fun and doing something right, while the fans feel sorry for him, hopes that he doesn't get hurt, and hopes that he hurries the fuck off the court, so the game can continue.

Just stop failing bro, you're a good poster when you're minding your business. Lol

Dude you are way out of pocket. "Insiders" okay bro. Even Matthyssee didn't want to fight Danny I would have a problem with that but guess he does want to Danny. I am pretty damn sure if Lamont won the chances are that fight would of happen. Danny is refusing to fight Matthysse. if he is barley making 140 then his ass should leave the weight class, simple. If Matthysse went straight for Mayweather, I would have a problem with that. Beating the champ at 140 would make a better case to fight Mayweather.

Again this is a message board, I thought posters were free to comment on what someone else's opinion. Your opinion, which this is all is, doesn't really mean shit in the grand scheme of things. Your opinion isn't higher than anyone else's. You have your thoughts I have mine. I disagree with you. That's it. Neither fighter deserves a shot at Mayweather. Clean out that division and you will have a case. Neither guy has done that. You have it in your head that I only feel one way, that Danny should be fighting Matthysse, I also feel Matthysse should fight Garcia. I wouldn't consider this a super fight but a fight that many want to see. Neither guy is one super fight status. If they fight each other and keep beating guys in their division then yes I would say they build their name legitimately. I am tired of fighters being more popular because of their persona and the hype behind them rather than who they fought. And again, you still haven't given me a solid reason why Danny won't fight Matthysse. Now if he is outgrowing his division, fine, move up vacate the belt and move on.

Danny does know when he goes up in weight there a lot of top guys gunning for him. But then, I know you would be all too joyous for Danny to fight the likes of Shane Mosley and other shot fighters. No Thurman, No Charlo twins, No Broner. Hell maybe Danny can fight Paulie, why not?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 3 2013, 04:40 PM
Post #102

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

bottom line...al haymon is calling the shots. oscar and his bullshit tournament that lead to amir khan was just talk. schaeffer and his 'we got the next pacquiao!!!' excitement has been extinguished. we all want to see garcia vs matthysse. i am not going to lose sleep over this happening/not happening. the same way i didn't lose sleep over pac/floyd not happening. i'll enjoy the fights that get made...and i won't get all worked up when a guy like broner makes a statement that you know holds no weight. he won't fight who the fans choose.

i didn't think donaire would fight rigondeaux...but he did.

i didn't think canelo would fight trout...but he did.

ppl didn't think floyd would fight canelo...but he is.

just sit back and enjoy the ride. focus on the things you have control over.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Jul 4 2013, 12:34 PM
Post #103

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 1 2013, 09:59 PM) *
Man, WHY?? Nobody wants to see Garcia/Judah 2 except for Judah's people. The boxing public wanted Garcia to get with Matthysse. Garcia looked shook while watching Matthysse/Peterson. He publicly stated that he wanted Peterson to win that fight. This looks and smells like a straight up DUCK!! Quack, Quack bitches!! What a pisser...

Agree 100%. If Lamont had won that fight the fight would have been signed by now lol

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 4 2013, 01:35 PM
Post #104

Middleweight

QUOTE (Plah @ Jul 4 2013, 10:34 AM) *
Agree 100%. If Lamont had won that fight the fight would have been signed by now lol

My point exactly! Lucas Matthysse is Danny's mandatory. Is it cool that a fighter says fuck his mandatory. This is why Sergio Martinez was so upset at not getting his Cahvez Jr. fight years ago! He was Chavez's mandatory. You can not just fuck your mandatory. Boxing these days.

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Jul 4 2013, 04:53 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 4 2013, 04:14 PM
Post #105

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 4 2013, 02:35 PM) *
My point exactly! Lucas Matthysse is Danny's mandatory. Is it cool that a fighter says fuck his mandatory. This is why Sergio Garcia was so upset at not getting his Cahvez Jr. fight years ago! He was Chavez's mandatory. You can not just fuck your mandatory. Boxing these days.

You mean martinez? Yes it happens a lot especially to foreign fighters. Ajose was being ducked for a long time before he finally got a spot on showtime against Lucas. And its funny because Lucas ajose and martinez are very entertaining guys to watch

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 4 2013, 04:54 PM
Post #106

Middleweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 4 2013, 02:14 PM) *
You mean martinez? Yes it happens a lot especially to foreign fighters. Ajose was being ducked for a long time before he finally got a spot on showtime against Lucas. And its funny because Lucas ajose and martinez are very entertaining guys to watch

Martinez not Garcia, lol.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Jul 4 2013, 05:43 PM
Post #107

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Poor Danny

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Jul 4 2013, 10:59 PM
Post #108

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 3 2013, 05:40 PM) *
bottom line...al haymon is calling the shots. oscar and his bullshit tournament that lead to amir khan was just talk. schaeffer and his 'we got the next pacquiao!!!' excitement has been extinguished. we all want to see garcia vs matthysse. i am not going to lose sleep over this happening/not happening. the same way i didn't lose sleep over pac/floyd not happening. i'll enjoy the fights that get made...and i won't get all worked up when a guy like broner makes a statement that you know holds no weight. he won't fight who the fans choose.

i didn't think donaire would fight rigondeaux...but he did.

i didn't think canelo would fight trout...but he did.

ppl didn't think floyd would fight canelo...but he is.

just sit back and enjoy the ride. focus on the things you have control over.

Nobody is going to lose sleep over Garcia ducking Lucas, but it is disappointing. That is a fact. If Garcia picks a pointless rematch with Judah, then that is even more disappointing. Nobody is going to cry about it, but I have no problem saying Danny CLEARLY ducked Lucas. This is a topic and if Danny is going to duck the way he is then he will get called out for it. I'm sorry if you don't like it...it's just the way it is. Your last line was a good one though...worry about things you have control over.

I will say that Golden Boy has been pretty decent about giving us these type of fights. Canelo-Trout and then Canelo-Mayweather were 2 fights we didn't know if we would see. I truly think they are looking to make this and ultimately I think it gets made.

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Jul 5 2013, 02:26 AM
Post #109

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 3 2013, 03:35 PM) *
Dude you are way out of pocket. "Insiders" okay bro. Even Matthyssee didn't want to fight Danny I would have a problem with that but guess he does want to Danny. I am pretty damn sure if Lamont won the chances are that fight would of happen. Danny is refusing to fight Matthysse. if he is barley making 140 then his ass should leave the weight class, simple. If Matthysse went straight for Mayweather, I would have a problem with that. Beating the champ at 140 would make a better case to fight Mayweather.

Again this is a message board, I thought posters were free to comment on what someone else's opinion. Your opinion, which this is all is, doesn't really mean shit in the grand scheme of things. Your opinion isn't higher than anyone else's. You have your thoughts I have mine. I disagree with you. That's it. Neither fighter deserves a shot at Mayweather. Clean out that division and you will have a case. Neither guy has done that. You have it in your head that I only feel one way, that Danny should be fighting Matthysse, I also feel Matthysse should fight Garcia. I wouldn't consider this a super fight but a fight that many want to see. Neither guy is one super fight status. If they fight each other and keep beating guys in their division then yes I would say they build their name legitimately. I am tired of fighters being more popular because of their persona and the hype behind them rather than who they fought. And again, you still haven't given me a solid reason why Danny won't fight Matthysse. Now if he is outgrowing his division, fine, move up vacate the belt and move on.

Danny does know when he goes up in weight there a lot of top guys gunning for him. But then, I know you would be all too joyous for Danny to fight the likes of Shane Mosley and other shot fighters. No Thurman, No Charlo twins, No Broner. Hell maybe Danny can fight Paulie, why not?

There's a huge difference between an opinion and an informed opinion.

If you stay on that "clean out the division and then we'll talk" strategy, then Mayweather will be left fighting once every 2 years. The clock is ticking on Money's career, so it's important to make the fights that are hot. If a guy's been in 3-4 consecutive wins and has looked good, then throw him in the mix. It's really that simple.

Practically any Mayweather fight will do around 1 MM PPV guys, so within a certain range of acceptance, you can throw anyone into the ring with him.

I would be upset if Garcia and Lucas don't fight, but fuck it. Shit happens. Garcia is a bit of a known commodity whereas Lucas, unfortunately, isn't that well known. He isn't Gennady Golovkin who for several reasons has been able to garner a decent following within the past 2 years.

In a perfect world, that fight would have gotten made. However, we live in an imperfect world, ergo, we're just going to have to deal with it.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 5 2013, 09:57 AM
Post #110

Middleweight

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jul 5 2013, 12:26 AM) *
There's a huge difference between an opinion and an informed opinion.

If you stay on that "clean out the division and then we'll talk" strategy, then Mayweather will be left fighting once every 2 years. The clock is ticking on Money's career, so it's important to make the fights that are hot. If a guy's been in 3-4 consecutive wins and has looked good, then throw him in the mix. It's really that simple.

Practically any Mayweather fight will do around 1 MM PPV guys, so within a certain range of acceptance, you can throw anyone into the ring with him.

I would be upset if Garcia and Lucas don't fight, but fuck it. Shit happens. Garcia is a bit of a known commodity whereas Lucas, unfortunately, isn't that well known. He isn't Gennady Golovkin who for several reasons has been able to garner a decent following within the past 2 years.

In a perfect world, that fight would have gotten made. However, we live in an imperfect world, ergo, we're just going to have to deal with it.

I am not talking about Mayweather cleaning out his division. I am talking about young fighters wanting the big prize without really earning it. My point with Danny is this: Lucas is his mandatory, if he has eyes to be in the Mayweather sweepstakes, what fight will help him get that opportunity? Beating the guy that has been knocking people senseless. That would be a big plus for him. Plus Danny can fight this year and the early next year, and be ready for a possible May 5 showdown with Floyd. Now the talk is that Broner and Maidana are suppose to be in talks, which is cool. I would rather him fight maybe a Lamont Peterson to test his level at 140 but Maidana is cool too. Now if maidana beats Broner and fights Danny, he could be in line for Mayweather. All I am saying is if Danny wants to solidify his name at 140 and have a shot at Mayweather, taking the Matthysse fight will do him great. GGG is still fairly unknown to the casual fan. If he fights Sergio Martinez or Chavez jr. he will quickly become a household name.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 02:57 AM