IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather vs Canelo already breaks gate record, Over 18 and a half million $$$ in gate
checkleft
post Jun 27 2013, 09:19 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

http://m.espn.go.com/extra/boxing/story?w=...=9430531&i=

God Damn both guys are banking in
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 28 2013, 01:50 AM
Post #2

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Aint that the truth, it's going to be a good fight my only thing is does the event over shadow the fight. Either way, I can't wait to see what the PPV numbers come out to be

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 28 2013, 09:44 AM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Those numbers are freakin' ridiculous...

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 28 2013, 09:44 AM
Post #4

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 27 2013, 11:50 PM) *
Aint that the truth, it's going to be a good fight my only thing is does the event over shadow the fight. Either way, I can't wait to see what the PPV numbers come out to be

They are breaking that PPV record. With social media being at its height and imagine the publicity it will get when the fight looms closer. Fight Camp 360 is going to be off the chain. Saul has a lot of fans, why? I have no idea but the kid is popular. Casual fans are already sucked in by this fight. Hell, people are calling Canelo the new Cash Cow for boxing. I always say that he has never carried a PPV on his own, that remains to be seen. I do not think the fight will live up to its hype, simply because we know what Mayweather is going to do and Saul has faced very weak opposition. This is boxing so anything can happen. The fact remains that people are pumped for this fight. Mayweather can possibly make close to 60 millions dollars for this fight alone. Showtime is going to get their money back three folds with this fight. This is great for boxing and it will be on the tails of College football so you know people will be home to watch this fight. Is it September yet?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 28 2013, 09:53 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Well the fight is sold out, in less than 24 hours. The only tickets left are depending on how many comps are given and the tickets people try and flip to make some money (heard somewhere that its was something like 8 ticket limit per person) so this fight is already a success.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 28 2013, 12:40 PM
Post #6

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 28 2013, 09:44 AM) *
They are breaking that PPV record. With social media being at its height and imagine the publicity it will get when the fight looms closer. Fight Camp 360 is going to be off the chain. Saul has a lot of fans, why? I have no idea but the kid is popular. Casual fans are already sucked in by this fight. Hell, people are calling Canelo the new Cash Cow for boxing. I always say that he has never carried a PPV on his own, that remains to be seen. I do not think the fight will live up to its hype, simply because we know what Mayweather is going to do and Saul has faced very weak opposition. This is boxing so anything can happen. The fact remains that people are pumped for this fight. Mayweather can possibly make close to 60 millions dollars for this fight alone. Showtime is going to get their money back three folds with this fight. This is great for boxing and it will be on the tails of College football so you know people will be home to watch this fight. Is it September yet?

That's what I want to see is if they can break it. They're making the "Event" spectacular which could possibly lead to that record being broken. But the actual fight may not live up to the hype.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Jun 28 2013, 04:43 PM
Post #7

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

I dont think its doing 2 mill

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 28 2013, 05:25 PM
Post #8

Middleweight

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jun 28 2013, 02:43 PM) *
I dont think its doing 2 mill

Why not? It looks like it will break two million. Look at the turn outs to the presser. This fight is crazy...

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 28 2013, 07:02 PM
Post #9

Middleweight

The open scoring fucced everything up! As soon as The New Cash Cow--Canelo, found out he was up, he pulled a DLH. Riding the fight til' the very end.
I can't wait til' Sept. A new king will rise, and that just pisses you off (or Flojotos).

Woman beater fucced up, and he knows it. He ain't fooling us. I know he is terrified of The New Cash Cow. That's why he doesn't take off his glasses. I bet he even has nightmares.

^^^^^

I got this from another message board. Sadly this is the sentiment of most of these fucking keyboard warriors. I wish this fight was here, and the outcome is what it is. i have Floyd in a late stoppage. GB is not going to let Orphan Annie take a lot of punishment.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 28 2013, 07:22 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 28 2013, 07:02 PM) *
The open scoring fucced everything up! As soon as The New Cash Cow--Canelo, found out he was up, he pulled a DLH. Riding the fight til' the very end.
I can't wait til' Sept. A new king will rise, and that just pisses you off (or Flojotos).

Woman beater fucced up, and he knows it. He ain't fooling us. I know he is terrified of The New Cash Cow. That's why he doesn't take off his glasses. I bet he even has nightmares.

^^^^^

I got this from another message board. Sadly this is the sentiment of most of these fucking keyboard warriors. I wish this fight was here, and the outcome is what it is. i have Floyd in a late stoppage. GB is not going to let Orphan Annie take a lot of punishment.

there's a chance floyd lets it seem competitive to get the return bout for bigger money. i thought he did that with dlh...so i don't believe it's out of the question here.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 07:56 PM